hello movie 2 developers where is dueling patch

When it comes to beta testing, there is some truth that the enthusiast audience is very different from the casual audience. Devs, I have a win-win solution for you, release a beta for the enthusiasts, then release the build to the public later without changing anything about the build. Why do this? This way you get all the feedback you want, but it's also neatly divided into the enthusiast and casual groups. If you follow your current plan by pushing the changes to everyone, all the feedback you get will be mixed and it will be harder to distinguish what type of player the feedback is coming from. You devs are right in thinking that you can't balance a game strictly based on the opinions of the sweatiest players, but that shouldn't prevent you from doing a small beta. Just make it clear to the hardcore players that you won't do any balancing until the build is available to all audiences.

A lot of big changes are not really beneficial in the long term if they don't help build a strong foundation for small, iterative change. We've had stable base systems in the past - v1, 1.3, and 1.4.9 come to mind, and yet every time we tear what we have down to make something new, and it's only gotten worse over time. I don't think we necessarily need a revert or a complete redesign, as long as what we do have focuses on principles of dueling and rewards skill while also being new-player friendly.

I agree with this mentality strongly. Some of the games known for the worst balance (like Overwatch) made that very same mistake you refer to of working on drastic reworks behind the scenes instead of just taking one step at a time with small iterative change.

As someone who hasn't been keeping a close eye on this Tempest saber stuff, can someone give me the cliff notes version of what the most recent build would actually change?

Nice to see it took only 4 years for some to understand that new saber system is ass not that great.
Hope you will achieve a brighter future for mb2 some day.

I would say that will be atleast 4 to 8 weeks. I would not surprise if it was longer if we hit issues or time constraints.

As now then - no less than 4 weeks.

I mean its not that differnt from what is there now, so i dont know why people expect so much from it. But we will test it and i stand ready to eat my words.
skeleton-dress-wine-sitting-table-indoors-170611509.jpg

i know it takes time to make a new patch and that the dev team is short and that they are doing it for free, but 4 years all we got is nothing but news like crouch will regen BP in next patch, is this shit actually true??

fr we have endured earth's flu where people had more time than ever on home, nothing happened (CTF is fine but its unplayed and despite i like it, nobody asked for it tbh), and now we get lied about release date news kekw, i bet 3rd world war will happen before new dueling patch

Also considering that it has been stated that the build isnt going to change that much, why delay it so much if everyone is asking for it and the work will be significantly less?

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
fr we have endured earth's flu where people had more time than ever on home

Not really true for most of the dev team. For example, even though I worked from home even before the pandemic, I actually had to work more during it.
nothing happened (CTF is fine but its unplayed and despite i like it, nobody asked for it tbh)

A lot of people have been asking for a mode with respawns for a long time. CTF was part one of that request.

and now we get lied about release date news kekw

Were not lying, were estimating and most of those estimates are based on current production rates. Grafana

You can even go to this little page here, and see a small glimse at how much we are able to work. (Hint: last 2 months have been pretty slow).

However, getting closer to ready every day. I believe the last required visual tasks were handled for the launcher yesterday, which after things are checked over, it can go over the final testing pass, and being pushed to live as the main launcher, replacing the old one. And thus we give it a couple weeks for everyone to move over and handle any issues, then saber open beta happens.