Hardcore Battle! MB2 Idea's Diary (Revisited Class, Blaster, New deflection, Darts & more )

Blasters should do more damage and be super rewarding for landing a hit. The bolt should travel slightly faster as well because alot of maps have long corridors and also because i think it would make gunfights abit more interesting.

Tibana Gas is expensive, and for this reason, we should execute any soldier firing those blasters on full auto unless extreme necessity demands.
The whole ammo system should be adjusted into making it a mistake to waste munitions because you currently have pretty much infinite at the moment.

I'd like to see more incentive to use primary fire and conserve ammunitions and full auto filling the role of last resort close quarter encounters

All of this might sound heresy for most but the bolts you shoot now would be far more deadlier and quicker it's a fair trade worth considering

Now the big problem bolts being deadlier means deflecting it back in your face is also deadlier, so i thought of some adjustement for deflection.

Saber protection should be reduced around the very saber and less around the character model this mean Jedi/Sith would be more vulnerable to attacks on the sides and even also almost on the front if they are not careful enough (I picture it as they would need to flicker their camera carefully to catch all the bolts.)

So killing a sword user would be less about barbarically gunning it down until it reach 0FP and more about strategicaly distracting and make it flick the camera wrongly and penetrate the defences around the blade.

That being said, it still doesnt solve the fact that deflection is way too easy and it would make jedi and sith absurdly OP. I thought of a way to make it harder.

I was imaginating deflection to work in a similar manner that work sword agaisnt sword

- Blocking
- Manual Block
- Half deflect
- Perfect deflect
- Swing deflect

When holding block (and catching the bolt) Sucess! You avoid a bad burn.

Suggestion A: Inflict low FP drain.
Suggestion B: Inflict very low FP but mainly low BP drain and running out of either resources mean you cant block bolt anymore.
Why? Because i assume those bolts have a lot of strength behind them and that blocking it has to be mainly physically draining on the arms.
Now hear me out. It sound crazy, but it would synergizes well with the rest of what i've writen above and bellow.

Manual block would be needed to perform any successful deflection attempt and you're timing would also determine, just like disarming work, if you either half deflect, or perfect deflect. Would drain something +/-14 FP per attempt.

Semi Deflect. The bolt hits your blade as the MB animation is already active and pending for the bolt to hit.

Suggestion A: Getting deflect randomly in any directions: Wall / Ground / Roof / and so on...
Suggestion B: Deflected inaccurately where you're aiming at.

Perfect Deflect. You input MB just before or as the bolt hits the blade (very comparable to saber disarming)

Suggestion A: Bolt is getting deflected where you're aiming at.
Suggestion B: Bolt is automaticaly deflected at the same angle it initialy got shot from?

Swing deflect swing blocking on bolt contact would eat something +/- 15-45FP if triggered
I was imagining it working through 3 phase of speed that are determined by how quick you're swing block is registered at bolt contact.

- The 3rd phase is the slowest. The bolt hit as it reach passed middle to the end of swing animation, which break it, but half deflect the bolts off of it
- The 2nd phase is when swing blocking as the bolt hits a very little passed the begining to the middle of swing animation, breaking the swing from completing its course but perfect deflecting the bolt off of it

- The first phase is a fantasy but you might like it. The first phase is lightning quick swing block, especially short window when you swing block just as the bolt hit the very, very, very begining of the swing animation. It semi deflect the bolt but make the swing uninterruptible.

It's basically a close quarter EWGF-like move for Jedi/Sith with extreme thigh timing.

3rd phase cost: +/-15FP
2nd phase cost: +/-20FP
1st phase cost:
- A: +/-30FP
- B: +/-45FP

Star_Wars_-_Episode_3_Revenge_of_the_Sith_-_Ki-Adi-Mundis_Death_[HD]___Jesse.gif

Could also lock these new deflection features behind points assignement.

Deflect level 1: You can semi deflect.
Deflect level 2: You can also perfect deflect.
Deflect level 3: You can now perform swing deflect.
Suggestion A: You also need saber defence 3 to use the first phase from swing deflect.

So now bolt are very dangerous; they inflict more damage and travel a slight quicker, but as a downside having to manage your shorter ammo supply and make good use of it. The rate of fire slowdown as gunners make better use of slower but accurate primary fire and conserve full auto for closer quarter.

Jedi have to work hard to both block and deflect bolts back, and on top of it, spamming or failing deflects will be quite harmful to them requiring decent ping but also alot of pratice to master the timings.

This new contrast will also contribute to reduce Jedi/Sith spam as these class will be a very hard but also very rewarding class to play with and those who succeed will be respected for their talent.

It should be noted that the fair FP drain values are hard to determine since i cant test it, which is why i used alot of +/-

[Reworking other sections]

Last edited:
I like your enthusiasm and the work you put into this, but personally I think it may be too much.

It'd be tiring to try and deflect guns, especially snipers that come out of no where.
Idk If there was a version where we could try it, heck, ill give it a shot! It might be 100x better!

I like your enthusiasm and the work you put into this, but personally I think it may be too much.

It'd be tiring to try and deflect guns, especially snipers that come out of no where.
Idk If there was a version where we could try it, heck, ill give it a shot! It might be 100x better!

Yay! Now that does make me happy.

Yes, It might be indeed! But It look quite nice in my head tho.. But yes, it definitly needs more then paper, some actual ingame test to check if its...

1: Fun for everyones.
2: Enough Rewarding/Punishable
3: Consistant Enough (When well trained.)

It would also be quite the gigantic update in away that the game would almost be a totally new one, I'm conscious this aint a month affair, but I feel it could actually put MB2 on a competitive level and gain popularity from it.

You know about that Hardcore mode no one play? It was introduced this year!

What would you think about keeping MB2 Open more normal, casual like it is now, but revamping this Hardcore Mode with my own approach?

Everyone would be happy just in case some prefers one way, while some prefers something more.. Hardcore.

Last edited:
I think that would be cool. I don't know if devs want that as it might split the player base. They may just want everyone doing the same thing. And another mode means another thing they have to balance and keep up with.

I think that would be cool. I don't know if devs want that as it might split the player base. They may just want everyone doing the same thing. And another mode means another thing they have to balance and keep up with.

Yes you are right, but then we could start the FA/Open debate, but i underatand your point, tho imo i'm sure this kind of new gameplay would attract alot of players who seek for both a realistic, or lore accurate Star-Wars game, but, or also, simply a very comepetitive game.

I still need to post the new class, map ideas and a whole new way approach of ARC to make it more clear about the competitive aspect I got in mind.

Concerning balance I'll gladly take the headache of figuring it out, I applyed for Devs. in gameplay direction after all :D

Yes you are right, but then we could start the FA/Open debate, but i underatand your point, tho imo i'm sure this kind of new gameplay would attract alot of players who seek for both a realistic, or lore accurate Star-Wars game, but, or also, simply a very comepetitive game.

I still need to post the new class, map ideas and a whole new way approach of ARC to make it more clear about the competitive aspect I got in mind.

Concerning balance I'll gladly take the headache of figuring it out, I applyed for Devs. in gameplay direction after all :D

Dude, im not joking when I say this, you have an amazing imagination for ideas and stuff! Do not let that go to waste! Use those ideas and write them down and make your own game! I used to sit down in middle school lunch time and write on paper ideas for games, and I would draw the games on paper and played them with people around the school and they loved it.
I don't know if that makes sense but make sure you keep your ideas down! You look like you have a talent for it.

Dude, im not joking when I say this, you have an amazing imagination for ideas and stuff! Do not let that go to waste! Use those ideas and write them down and make your own game! I used to sit down in middle school lunch time and write on paper ideas for games, and I would draw the games on paper and played them with people around the school and they loved it.
I don't know if that makes sense but make sure you keep your ideas down! You look like you have a talent for it.

I love you daddy, thanks for believing in me!

You made my day :D

Note: My first tongue aint English, so i'm trying my best to put my thoughts in here and it to be the understandable possible.

I just want to say your english is almost perfect. I don't know about everyone else but I can understand you clearly.

Torlo50

Internal Beta Team
On the gunner end of the spectrum, (though the occasional saberist) I agree ammo needs reworked. Now, I can tell you yes, I have run out of ammo 3... twice or thrice. It's never really an issue though. What about raising the price of ammo 3 (and increase ammo amount) so that it basically hands a huge amount of ammo so a player never has to worry, but it is really a crutch because it takes so many points? Either you get a good weapon selections, or get ammo 3 to make sure you never run out. Might be interesting.

As the occasional saberist and Star Wars fan, I always enjoyed Star Wars Jedi games with active deflection. The original Phantom Menace comes to mind, hell, as does the arcadey Jedi Power Battles. I loves the deflection base in those games. In Phantom Menace, you deflected based on your swing and it's angle, while in Jedi Power Battles, it was all about hitting block right when the shot hit you to reflect the shot, or it would deflect randomly. I wouldn't mind your concept at all, and would probably play my support saberist more often in OPEN. That being said, if your raising soldier life's, but not changing commanders, you have messed up. These classes, using the rally function, tend to go hand in hand. Give commanders a choice between heavy weapons, or lives and rally. A smart commander would hand back and fire the odd shot, but command more then fight. To help with the Hero issue, give them rally too. I mean, I for one and all for removing snipers from the game entirely, but I realize that, while a lot of people agree with me, it's too much to hope for. Hero's and BH's in SW Lore tend to lead small strike teams, rally would fit this. However, what if it was a special form of rally that let commanders spawn on them too? Moving army platforms. Since we are going to give more lives to soldiers, maybe increase the time limit a little for longer fighter, and buff the hp of all 1 life classes a little, or grant them a small dmg reduct, so they take 1 more shot to kill. (I would prefer giving them more HP, so it is not a hidden gimmick that no new players realize is there). Just food for thought, and I hope you think of something from it.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
There are interesting points in here. Especially a fan of the thought that a rapid fire mode should never be 100% accurate. Especially with E11, the secondary fire detracts from the primary fire. At level 3 the secondary fire is simply a better primary fire with slightly less damage per shot, but that is greatly outweighed by the damage per second.

There are interesting points in here. Especially a fan of the thought that a rapid fire mode should never be 100% accurate. Especially with E11, the secondary fire detracts from the primary fire. At level 3 the secondary fire is simply a better primary fire with slightly less damage per shot, but that is greatly outweighed by the damage per second.
Good point, rapid fires shouldnt be accurate, but should be more efficient depending on range, like basically what you said.

also

upload_2018-9-3_17-35-22.png

please dont ever post again, it's so perfect.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
please dont ever post again, it's so perfect.
Sorry.

Another good point brought up is weapon ammo. I'd like to sit down and look into how ammo is distributed across levels on every weapon and see where things could be done differently. I would like to see all levels be valid picks and have "synergies" with other options. A rather good example is the ARC M5. It burns through its ammo really quickly with the sniper mode so Ammo 3 is a borderline necessity, but people who don't dedicate full-time to sniping can manage with Ammo 2. The challenge is making Level 1 an acceptable pick.

I like the deflect changes, though i think the gunning damage and amount of respawns might be a bit much

Something i'm thinking you could do for deflect is that if you just hold down deflect, you'll drain fp and deflect inaccurately (semi-deflect) and when you time the deflects, you'll drain less fp, have it be accurate, but you wont be able to deflect 100 percent of the blasterfire, so it would be a bit easier for a gunner to deal with as well.

As for the MB movements on deflect, I think that would work well if you used the Mblock movements as general zones, like the 4 PB zones. Have W mb movement deflect most of the blaster shots that will hit you in the chest area and above, have the D and A movements deflect the right and left area's, and have the diagonals deflect in those general areas as well, doing SA movement will deflect the bottom and some of the right, like with pb zones.

if you miss an MB zone, i'd just make it so that your character just blocks the shot, so basically you could either hold W and deflect like 30% of the shots with some inaccuracy (unless your tapping your deflects), or move your zones around so that you could get either more or less deflects. It also allows gunners to counter deflect users better as well, cause if the person is doing lots of AW W DW mb movements, the gunner can counter this by shooting lower at the jedi, so that the jedi will miss some deflects and take more fp drain.

This also makes it so deflect isnt always the go to thing for jedi's, because if you just hold down deflect, you'll be taking some more fp drain as well. so you would have to use it sparingly sometimes to manage it.

In summary: tapping deflect will get you less deflects that are more accurate and less fp draining. holding deflect will drain a bit more fp and get you inaccurate deflects more often. Missing a deflect will not cause the jedi to get shot or lose additional fp unless they are holding down deflect, it'll just make them miss a deflect and block the shot normally. And now the jedi has to try to guess general areas for where the blaster bolts will hit, and the gunner has a way to counter a jedi with deflect by shooting at opposite zones. Jedi's wont be able to deflect every single shot, so it wouldn't be the most risky thing for a gunner to shoot at a jedi anymore.

And if all this proves difficult to program, or not worth it, i'd just make these small changes: Cant deflect proj shots (the bullets should just melt on contact with saber), and deflected shots do less damage

Sorry.

Another good point brought up is weapon ammo. I'd like to sit down and look into how ammo is distributed across levels on every weapon and see where things could be done differently. I would like to see all levels be valid picks and have "synergies" with other options. A rather good example is the ARC M5. It burns through its ammo really quickly with the sniper mode so Ammo 3 is a borderline necessity, but people who don't dedicate full-time to sniping can manage with Ammo 2. The challenge is making Level 1 an acceptable pick.

I think you should try only having 2 different ammo options. Currently it seems impossible to make level 1 worthwhile and still be balanced.

Bolt Deflection area updated to be easier to read! DPS Explained post updated as well.

Will keep updating the rest in the coming days/weeks.

Last edited:
Bounty Hunter Area updated to be easier to read, its located by the end of my first post.

It talks about changes toward Poison Dart, Vision Power and a whole new dart which I'm sure you'll like.

Will keep updating my others area in the coming days/weeks