Hardcore Battle! MB2 Idea's Diary (Revisited Class, Blaster, New deflection, Darts & more )

Blasters should do more damage and be super rewarding for landing a hit. The bolt should travel slightly faster as well because alot of maps have long corridors and also because i think it would make gunfights abit more interesting.

Tibana Gas is expensive, and for this reason, we should execute any soldier firing those blasters on full auto unless extreme necessity demands.
The whole ammo system should be adjusted into making it a mistake to waste munitions because you currently have pretty much infinite at the moment.

I'd like to see more incentive to use primary fire and conserve ammunitions and full auto filling the role of last resort close quarter encounters

All of this might sound heresy for most but the bolts you shoot now would be far more deadlier and quicker it's a fair trade worth considering

Now the big problem bolts being deadlier means deflecting it back in your face is also deadlier, so i thought of some adjustement for deflection.

Saber protection should be reduced around the very saber and less around the character model this mean Jedi/Sith would be more vulnerable to attacks on the sides and even also almost on the front if they are not careful enough (I picture it as they would need to flicker their camera carefully to catch all the bolts.)

So killing a sword user would be less about barbarically gunning it down until it reach 0FP and more about strategicaly distracting and make it flick the camera wrongly and penetrate the defences around the blade.

That being said, it still doesnt solve the fact that deflection is way too easy and it would make jedi and sith absurdly OP. I thought of a way to make it harder.

I was imaginating deflection to work in a similar manner that work sword agaisnt sword

- Blocking
- Manual Block
- Half deflect
- Perfect deflect
- Swing deflect

When holding block (and catching the bolt) Sucess! You avoid a bad burn.

Suggestion A: Inflict low FP drain.
Suggestion B: Inflict very low FP but mainly low BP drain and running out of either resources mean you cant block bolt anymore.
Why? Because i assume those bolts have a lot of strength behind them and that blocking it has to be mainly physically draining on the arms.
Now hear me out. It sound crazy, but it would synergizes well with the rest of what i've writen above and bellow.

Manual block would be needed to perform any successful deflection attempt and you're timing would also determine, just like disarming work, if you either half deflect, or perfect deflect. Would drain something +/-14 FP per attempt.

Semi Deflect. The bolt hits your blade as the MB animation is already active and pending for the bolt to hit.

Suggestion A: Getting deflect randomly in any directions: Wall / Ground / Roof / and so on...
Suggestion B: Deflected inaccurately where you're aiming at.

Perfect Deflect. You input MB just before or as the bolt hits the blade (very comparable to saber disarming)

Suggestion A: Bolt is getting deflected where you're aiming at.
Suggestion B: Bolt is automaticaly deflected at the same angle it initialy got shot from?

Swing deflect swing blocking on bolt contact would eat something +/- 15-45FP if triggered
I was imagining it working through 3 phase of speed that are determined by how quick you're swing block is registered at bolt contact.

- The 3rd phase is the slowest. The bolt hit as it reach passed middle to the end of swing animation, which break it, but half deflect the bolts off of it
- The 2nd phase is when swing blocking as the bolt hits a very little passed the begining to the middle of swing animation, breaking the swing from completing its course but perfect deflecting the bolt off of it

- The first phase is a fantasy but you might like it. The first phase is lightning quick swing block, especially short window when you swing block just as the bolt hit the very, very, very begining of the swing animation. It semi deflect the bolt but make the swing uninterruptible.

It's basically a close quarter EWGF-like move for Jedi/Sith with extreme thigh timing.

3rd phase cost: +/-15FP
2nd phase cost: +/-20FP
1st phase cost:
- A: +/-30FP
- B: +/-45FP

Star_Wars_-_Episode_3_Revenge_of_the_Sith_-_Ki-Adi-Mundis_Death_[HD]___Jesse.gif

Could also lock these new deflection features behind points assignement.

Deflect level 1: You can semi deflect.
Deflect level 2: You can also perfect deflect.
Deflect level 3: You can now perform swing deflect.
Suggestion A: You also need saber defence 3 to use the first phase from swing deflect.

So now bolt are very dangerous; they inflict more damage and travel a slight quicker, but as a downside having to manage your shorter ammo supply and make good use of it. The rate of fire slowdown as gunners make better use of slower but accurate primary fire and conserve full auto for closer quarter.

Jedi have to work hard to both block and deflect bolts back, and on top of it, spamming or failing deflects will be quite harmful to them requiring decent ping but also alot of pratice to master the timings.

This new contrast will also contribute to reduce Jedi/Sith spam as these class will be a very hard but also very rewarding class to play with and those who succeed will be respected for their talent.

It should be noted that the fair FP drain values are hard to determine since i cant test it, which is why i used alot of +/-

[Reworking other sections]

Last edited:
M

Mooch

I agree with a few of your propositions but wookiees and sbds having 2 lives are you crazy lol

I agree with a few of your propositions but wookiees and sbds having 2 lives are you crazy lol
They would now die much quicker tho.

When you have about 10 rebel soldiers with 3 to 5 lives, Arcs and Clones all equiped with these new scary boosted blasters they might actually be underpowered...

Anyway this is why I said at the end of the text that these are all subject to being changed because Its hard to actually find the right balance number for a totally revamped gameplay without being able to test it.

This is just a base to work with...

Last edited:
nothing like reducing total ammo counts in a game where hitting someone beyond 30m is more luck than skill (disregarding snipers, they're fucking gay)

-Considering Blaster Damage would now inflict about 75 pts per shots
-The promotion of using a precise primary fire
-People taking covers, instead of the present D/A dancing for their lives in the middle of the corridors, it wouldnt really be so hard, or lucky to hit people!

It would be kind of like sabering, into which everything is played on which one is having the better timing!

-Who is crouching & counter firing on the good moment
-Peaking on the good, or wrong instant and so on.
It would be much more skilled oriented and less of a lucky D/A shots, dancing on full auto mode & hope to kill or hit.

I really cant see why anyone wouldnt want this kind of stuff to happen tbh... Messa so sad.

I'd also like to add that blasters bolts should also be sligthy, sligthy faster then they are presently! They do travel sligthy faster in movies / series than they are designed in MB2.

I think it would make Jedi life harder at deflecting stuff tho... But again i'm far from being agaisnt it, has i deeply think that Force User Class should be the most hard of all class to use.

As an ARC main, I'm probably one of the most mobility/movement focused players in the game so trying to suggest to me that the gameplay I enjoy most (dodging shots as ARC) is something that should change is something I just can't agree with, lol.

This would just turn it into a gunner fest where you hold chokepoints and anyone who plays sniper will have a serious advantage, even more-so than now especially on maps like DOTF. I think it's a similar situation as to Achilles, it sounds cool but it'd work better as a separate mod, not an update for MB2 considering that it radically changes the gameplay and not necessarily for the better.

Also, just as a side note, if you reduce ammo counts and even just slightly increase travel speed, you'll just end up in a situation where 2 - 3 life classes > 1 life classes ALWAYS since the solo life class cannot stay alive and kill all of the enemy with his weapon, since you still have to aim and as said, shooting beyond 30m is more luck than skill in most cases.

We can innovate and make MovieBattle right & unique.

I don't understand this or the obsession with lore, the game is aiming to be fun with a Star Wars skin, not Star Wars without any fun. MB2 without the ability to move freely and being shot dead in 2 shots just sounds like a really, really boring way to play, you basically just camp most rounds and can't push at all or you get blasted. Clone Rifle especially would be mega-cheese and any projectile sniper/disruptor would just farm kills.

Last edited:
As an ARC main, I'm probably one of the most mobility/movement focused players in the game so trying to suggest to me that the gameplay I enjoy most (dodging shots as ARC) is something that should change is something I just can't agree with, lol.

This would just turn it into a gunner fest where you hold chokepoints and anyone who plays sniper will have a serious advantage, even more-so than now especially on maps like DOTF. I think it's a similar situation as to Achilles, it sounds cool but it'd work better as a separate mod, not an update for MB2 considering that it radically changes the gameplay and not necessarily for the better.

Also, just as a side note, if you reduce ammo counts and even just slightly increase travel speed, you'll just end up in a situation where 2 - 3 life classes > 1 life classes ALWAYS since the solo life class cannot stay alive and kill all of the enemy with his weapon, since you still have to aim and as said, shooting beyond 30m is more luck than skill in most cases.

I do understand the first part! You're right! Tho in a certain way, I think it would still be very good, has an ARC, ( if you're sweetly good at aim ) to be able to both roll & jump and surprise shoot people down. ( Huh specially the annoying bounce shot )

I also don't think that an ARC should be a frontal assault class anyway, has they are part of a commando and their job is more centered about sneaking around or behind enemy troops and get stuff done.

But I do understand you're fears!

I actually did think about something that might resolve the problem, which is also associated with the next class stuff I planned, but never written since I tho nobody would pay attention to my post anyway!

On that note, I do thank you & the others alot for reading my post and ideas!

I will write the following parts of my idea & we'll see if it make more sense toward the commando usage? I'm sure you'll like it.

Like I also said somewhere, having this kind of gameplay would definitely require for the Art Team to rethink maps in consideration of both class and gameplay!

I'd like to say now that I disagree about snipers being advantaged!

They would highly put themselves at risk if they would try to shoot people down, from both eating a random suppressive fired bolts, or putting them selves out of cover to aim their shots & risk getting either trapped and or blasted down while aiming or running in, or away.

Also, if you have for example 7-10 rebels with 5 lives, which all have the possibilities to kill the sniper player in a few shots, it even might be considerably challenging to survive all of these guys with your lonely life has a sniper player.

So yes, frontal assault class with alot of lives, would definitly have advantage in certain situations over people with one life!

But 2 life class, like an sbd or wookie for exemple, would be fearsome into a mid / close combat situations over them!

1 life class like mandos & snipers, grenadiers, would be more of either a support, or sneak around / ambush kind of class, with their loots of advantage over more important targets, just like it should be.

You dont hire a mando to fight on the front, right? So are Snipers/ Bounty Hunters

Grenadiers would also be fearsome with their explosives / grenades / mines / lunchers! We could even give them the possibilities to invest points so they can give some ammos to their follow comrades?

Concerning ammo refill, I also tho of some another cool concept which I'll update in a few.

But yes I do promote the idea of having alot of soldier gunners! Tho I dont want other class to be useless, and I far from think they would be! Unless they try to be on front of the line and take all the place.

It would be an huge, dangerous battle into which teamplay, from every class, and the use of well tho strategies is needed to prevail over the enemies

Last edited:

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Love the passion!

I do agree that our ammo system should be given a revisit. It's just hard to do as it does kind of act as a means of restricting some builds in its current form. Most prominently Pistol 3, Westar Pistols 3 and ARC M5 spring to mind. What would be nice to see is a general pass through all weapons and adjusting their ammo consumptions, clip sizes and ammo amounts.

I would avoid increasing overall bullet damage. I'd look at it from a per-weapon basis instead. What weapons need the damage, what weapons don't?

I've also been thinking if there could be a way to tweak soldiers to be more "swarmy". One way would be to introduce more lives. Nobody picks a 2-life sold, so perhaps the 2-life build shoud be stripped out, the 3-life build with its current total price could be moved as down as the first upgrade and then have the option to buy 1 more extra life. The important part here would be to make sure that the 4-life sold does not get access to grenades and has to pick between armour, ammo and E11 lvl2-3.

Would be a fun avenue to explore!

Thanks for the post, I do think it might help many to read them better if you split the ideas across threads. This would make them easier to talk about :D

I've also been thinking if there could be a way to tweak soldiers to be more "swarmy". One way would be to introduce more lives. Nobody picks a 2-life sold, so perhaps the 2-life build shoud be stripped out, the 3-life build with its current total price could be moved as down as the first upgrade and then have the option to buy 1 more extra life. The important part here would be to make sure that the 4-life sold does not get access to grenades and has to pick between armour, ammo and E11 lvl2-3.
I'm afraid this would prolong the round times to add any more lives, unless the respawn mechanic is changed. Imagine a Soldier last man standing, where he has 3 more respawns. Each time he dies he has to walk through the whole map (or through half if the map has forward respawns when certain objectives are completed) back to the place he died or to the objective to re-encounter the enemy, or the enemies have to look for him and chase him through the whole map. This is really boring, both for the players and for spectators who died, and wastes a lot of time.

Edited.

I'll post the rest of my HBI eventually.

It will address the ARCs case, a new class and some Maps stuff.

Last edited:
To be honest the deflect system definitely needs a change, its just too easy for the jedi/sith and its the only system in mb2 that seems unblockable or uncounterable because of the fp changes recently, if you're a low hp jedi/sith you really can just sit there and deflect back at the gunner you're facing until they die(soldiers and commanders are especially screwed in this situation). it would be nice if there was another way of going about deflection(perhaps a force power that deflects accurately when its active like sense) the swing deflect seems like a very interesting idea and it would make incoming deflections easier to predict for the gunner but i think it's too unrewarding and risking the way you presented it, I think maybe the current deflect system could always be inaccurate and when you swing-deflect it deflects every bullet fired at you for the duration of the swing but interrupts you if you're within a certain range(so you can't just swingblock kill gunners) i really don't care how its done but i'd love to see a rework or change of the deflect system (defiant pls do something)

Main ReUpdated.

To be honest the deflect system definitely needs a change, its just too easy for the jedi/sith and its the only system in mb2 that seems unblockable or uncounterable because of the fp changes recently, if you're a low hp jedi/sith you really can just sit there and deflect back at the gunner you're facing until they die(soldiers and commanders are especially screwed in this situation). it would be nice if there was another way of going about deflection(perhaps a force power that deflects accurately when its active like sense) the swing deflect seems like a very interesting idea and it would make incoming deflections easier to predict for the gunner but i think it's too unrewarding and risking the way you presented it, I think maybe the current deflect system could always be inaccurate and when you swing-deflect it deflects every bullet fired at you for the duration of the swing but interrupts you if you're within a certain range(so you can't just swingblock kill gunners) i really don't care how its done but i'd love to see a rework or change of the deflect system (defiant pls do something)

Glad you agree with some of my ideas! Thanks for reading and contributing good sir.

I skimmed through your post and the deflect thing wont work.

Half the people on servers have lag, and trying to time a blaster deflection with 100 ping would be ridiculous. Good effort though