Guys, I think I found real classic balcony dotf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
What topic says.
Turned out that classical Duel of the Fates map, with balcony but without troll tricks like icy floor and unreachable throne room is already part of Movie Battles 1.6 distributional!
I accidentally noticed that there is actually *two* "mb2_dotf_classicb.bsp" files inside of MBII packages: one is in mb2_dotf.pk3, another one can be found in MBAssets4.pk3.
Game engine assets in the way MBAssets4.pk3 has higher priority than mb2_dotf.pk3, so that version of map is actually getting loaded when you create a server/join a server with mb2_dotf_classicb.bsp map.
That one from MBAssets4.pk3 is the one we all know as a joke from 1.6 release, and the map that is in mb2_dotf.pk3 is the real deal.

So, to play classical balcony dotf just rename or delete "mb2_dotf_classicb.bsp" inside "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\MBAssets4.pk3" with WinRar or similar program, and then load mb2_dotf_classicb.bsp or join a server that running that map.
The server, obviously, need to do the same thing with assets.

a31844550301.png

17abcf639ed3.jpg

cfbeac73d05e.jpg

@Hessu

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
tfw i care so little about dotf that I missed this elaborate troll. i figured it was always in kek

Status
Not open for further replies.