Gun Spread

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
So it bugs me a bit how the EE-3 is the only weapon to use progressive gun spread.

How about apply it to all weapons, even pistols, for constant, continued fire?

I think it should be variable depending on the weapon with pistols being affected the least.

Just would encourage more precision and less spray. The clone rifle needs this the most, in my opinion. Just doesn't seem fair to make only one weapon use it.

Preston

Nerd
1) So you're telling me that having grenades will allow you to get kills with incredibly slow firing weapons? What are the odds. Would they also help you get kills with fast firing weapons too? Amazing. Truly your reasoning will shine bright in the darkness for all to see.

2) Against gunners, yes. Which is why almost no one uses E-11 primary in gunner vs gunner shootouts, except for the occasional 1-2 'why not' shots. Against Jedi/Sith? Sure, it can be useful, until Flinch is introduced, in which case it is far more profitable to spam the alt fire at point blank for the flinch, than to try for the killing shot of primary.

3) I refer you back to the grenades thing, and also okay? Fun =/= effective. Clone pistol 2 is fun for me, but that doesn't mean it is more effective than CR3 and Blobs, which are unfun to me.

4) 'Super good'. Okay. I await the video of you defeating a competent enemy team of competent gloans/heroes, with a disruptor, and projectile rifle only.

you-can-do-epyu9i.jpg
woah woah woah. okay I don't wanna get in another stupid argument, but I've plenty of times killed basically an entire team with just proj as a hero, it really isn't that difficult. and plus T21 primary with better aim vs cr3 can most definitely win. just get like 2 or 3 head shots and you win. If you effectively use cover and somewhat keep your distance its a done deal. And no I don't need video evidence and crap for all this stuff, but i'm sure Gargos will probably get annoyed and just take a video himself tbh.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
woah woah woah. okay I don't wanna get in another stupid argument, but I've plenty of times killed basically an entire team with just proj as a hero, it really isn't that difficult. and plus T21 primary with better aim vs cr3 can most definitely win. just get like 2 or 3 head shots and you win. If you effectively use cover and somewhat keep your distance its a done deal. And no I don't need video evidence and crap for all this stuff, but i'm sure Gargos will probably get annoyed and just take a video himself tbh.

So CR3 vs T-21 primary with the same level of aim? I'm sure the world's greatest marksman with T-21 could kill a bad gloan, but... we're not talking about that, are we?

I'm sure you've killed an entire team of competent gunners with proj rifle.

Maybe hiding in a corner you picked off a few.

Last edited:

Preston

Nerd
So CR3 vs T-21 primary with the same level of aim? I'm sure the world's greatest marksman with T-21 could kill a bad gloan, but... we're not talking about that, are we?

Oh yes, I'm sure you 've killed an entire team of competent gunners with proj rifle.

Maybe hiding in a corner you picked off a few.
You never said same level of aim. you said competent, stop changing your story to try and prove you are right.
And yes I have many times killed an entire team of gunners with just proj, I've played like 6 years and have over 3k hours in mb2." but... we're not talking about that, are we?" We're talking about fire rate and accuracy. Which if you would either git good, or watch other gunners that are good, you would see that yes, a player with good aim with nothing but T-21 primary can easily kill a competent Clone with CR3

Why does every discussion have to turn to salt? Literally any time someone brings up an idea and id like to read up on the pros and cons of said idea, it's just two or three babbling monkeys going on about why the other person is stupid and how their opinion is worthless.

Anyway, the gun scatter idea is kind of cool to me, but as its been stated by Chaos, it would just be a buff to people to can't really work the "Star Wars Esque" guns, and aren't used to aiming in front of someone or making their shots count. As cool as it sounds, I feel like the direction devs are going towards is to cater back towards the veterans again, since 1.3 was more towards casual players, so I don't see spread being implemented

If the maximum you can level up your pistol is level 2, then it is intended that the pistol is your secondary weapon. Thus it follows that your primary weapon will always outclass your side-arm. The clone pistol is in no way, shape or form, a substitute for your rifle. The clone rifle is the only weapon you can get. As for the debate around a normal pistol and a clone pistol: the clone pistol offers you the ability to bounce shot. I've not noticed a RoF discrepancy, but it's both meaningless and a (more than) fair trade-off when you consider bounce shots open up the ability to;

1) kill Sith that are blocking you face-on
2) kill low HP targets fleeing to cover
3) bounce-shot ruptor/projectile snipers from BEHIND cover
4) have a zero-risk spot checking tool

If the dev. team can confirm there is a difference between the rate of fire for the two pistols that would be great, because I've not really noticed a difference. Also on a side note, could the dev. team publish EVERYTHING regarding the numbers of the game? Maybe in the library, or a more completed spreadsheet that Mace had uploaded (I think?).

Comparing T-21 level 1 to clonerifle 3 is also a rather strange thing to do, because of the huge tier difference. You invest about 45 points for a CR3, it stands to reason that of course it will be better. Although, I do think I understand what you're trying to get at, in that you're using it as a counter-point to a high-damage, low RoF weapon being outclassed by a low-damage, high RoF weapon. I'm sure you understand that different guns function differently in different environments. Take for example any of the known EU BH players who are exceptionally good with the disruptor; qwerty and Ajua are probably the two that spring to mind. If I were to take a CR3, it would not matter how good my aim was, they would almost always win if we were to fight in DotF main corridor. From that, should I infer that ruptor is overpowered, or requires little skill? Of course not. Change the scenario, and put the fight at t-junc with a BH scoped in a typical position where the angle for him to shoot is not so acute. Not to undermine either player, but I think they would be hard pressed to fight back when at that range it is so easy to pot-shot and bait the snipe. After which, they're dead (provided you can aim).

The T-21 primary shot isn't supposed to be the main mode of the gun, it's your high-damaging alt fire that has a ridiculously low time-to-kill. The primary shot is incredibly strong in certain contexts, and it's a mode more suitable for long range insta-gibs. It's an irrational thing to do, engaging a CR3 with a primary shot and expecting to win, all the more so to engage the CR3 at close range where it dominates most other weaponary. If you're pushed up by a CR3 user, and you can only engage them where they are at their strongest, then it's more likely a team related issue if no one is stopping their advance.

I don't think there's particularly any grounds to nerf something when it's used in it's best situation, and I'm not saying that clones are easy to kill either. I think stamina 2 clone is the real cancer, but we must have the humility to admit that we misplayed.

Some of these arguments are retarded. Certain guns, abilities and strategies are situational. Comparing apples to oranges.
Same level of aim arguments always amuse me. What about the rest? Are we back to calling proj. muskets and everyone lines up single file taking their shot and then falling back, dead on the ground or behind the other guy to take his shot? You take the overall gameplay. Everything is an effective strategy in the right hands. Even a fucking melee sold build:) It's how hard or how easy it is to do that is ever the question.

Primary fire tends to dominate. T-21, E-11...etc. Its where and when that counts. Obviously if both teams charge each other from one end to the other firing t-21 primaries vs CR3...same level of skill *cough* 3/4 times its the rifle association that'll win. Fortunately, there is something that divides us from being simply animals, mindlessly, needlessly rushing at each other, something that some, or perhaps *all* of us(not me tho, I'm awesome) lack at times. Brainssss!

Beware the zombie gunner. They are many, we are few. Whut?

Why people continue to humor an obvious troll is puzzling at times.
And then I see a reflection. Such shiny teeth. :D

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
You never said same level of aim. you said competent, stop changing your story to try and prove you are right.
And yes I have many times killed an entire team of gunners with just proj, I've played like 6 years and have over 3k hours in mb2." but... we're not talking about that, are we?" We're talking about fire rate and accuracy. Which if you would either git good, or watch other gunners that are good, you would see that yes, a player with good aim with nothing but T-21 primary can easily kill a competent Clone with CR3

I've seen a lot of good gunners, but I've never seen that. Usually it is the gloan that always dominates. I almost never see any good gunners on Imp side anyway, most of the time, the good gunners are using hero or gloan on Rebels. The ones that do play Imp, play Bounty Hunter (occasionally I see a REALLY good commander) or SBD.

Preston

Nerd
I've seen a lot of good gunners, but I've never seen that. Usually it is the gloan that always dominates. I almost never see any good gunners on Imp side anyway, most of the time, the good gunners are using hero or gloan on Rebels. The ones that do play Imp, play Bounty Hunter (occasionally I see a REALLY good commander) or SBD.
Well if you played on other servers youd see more gunners that are good. This isnt some mlg thing that never happens, I see something like this atleast once ever 2 weeks, and theres tons of really good mandos so...

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Introducing progressive spread at this point would just be too much work for little gain. Personally I enjoy the fact that I have very tight control of my spray radius. I'd never have the interest of learning spray patterns like they do in Counter-Strike, but I definitely feel that having an understanding of exactly how much my fires spread when I run is great. That's why I dislike the EE3, it would require me to learn a growing spray radius.

MB2 is very fun to me as it stands at a nice middleground between Quake 3's fully movement independent accuracy and Counter-Strike's movement dependent one. It makes a unique spin you don't really see in many other games.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Introducing progressive spread at this point would just be too much work for little gain. Personally I enjoy the fact that I have very tight control of my spray radius. I'd never have the interest of learning spray patterns like they do in Counter-Strike, but I definitely feel that having an understanding of exactly how much my fires spread when I run is great. That's why I dislike the EE3, it would require me to learn a growing spray radius.

MB2 is very fun to me as it stands at a nice middleground between Quake 3's fully movement independent accuracy and Counter-Strike's movement dependent one. It makes a unique spin you don't really see in many other games.
True it would be a lot of work, but perhaps this could be something for Eridan Crisis? Not a big fan of Counter Strike though. Specific spray patterns are boring too. I guess I like things that elicit a bit more adrenaline and panic, but keeping your cool can help you out. Like the EE3, you burst it and can be accurate but if you're panicked or surprised, it sprays all over. That adds a nice zing to the experience.