[Guide] Saber forms in MBII

Was this helpful/ a proper way to apply saberforms into mb2?

• Total voters

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
This is mainly for 1.4-1.4.2, it can be adapted to 1.4.3 too.

This is an optional yellow guide (some forms fit some styles better than yellow), you don't have to apply this to your MB2 yellow playstyle if you don't want too.

Introducton to what saberforms are: What are the star wars saberforms? Star wars saberforms are related on the lightsaber combat of Star Wars, there are a lot of styles for sabercombat, these styles are called Saberforms. There are 7 saberforms, plus one extra saberform.

A video of applied saberforms in MB2 is below the guide, so if you know how the saberforms or your favourite saberform works, go to the bottom of the guide and watch the video.

Credits: Aizen for the whole text and guide part, Er Rai for the corrections on the text and me for making the video.

Form I -> Shii-Cho.

Description of the saberform: This form was the first saberform created, with the evolution of new saberforms, this saberform was kept very
simple and was only used for the training of initiates and younglings to learn sabercombat, but a lot of people mastered it because of its
simplicity.

Description of saberform combat
: This saberform is the simplest one, the offensive way is based on horizontal swings, head smashes, and to hit the opponent's back.

In the defensive way, it looks for block basic hits, against precise hits, like knees or the neck, the user of the saberform makes acrobatic moves or dodges to avoid the incoming attack.

Saberform pros: It's the simplest one, which means that it's the easiest to master, also, that simplicity makes it a really unpredictable form, because the opponent wont expect such a basic style, its one of the two saberforms that looks for the back, and due to the acrobatic, dodge stuff and looking for the
opponents back, it makes it the best saberform against multiple opponents. Also it's a really fast style because the few kind of swings.

Saberform cons: The thing is, the simplicity of the form makes it an unpredictable style, an opponent that is focused in a single duel saberform, like Makashi or Juyo, would beat Shii-Cho users (However, that doesnt mean that a Shii-Cho user doesn't have any chance and if the user is good, he can win).

Why should i learn this saberform?: The best against multiple opponents (open games), easiest to learn and a lot of mobility that could make the enemy get
dizzy (Most underrated saberform though).

Users of this form in Star Wars universe: Kit Fisto (Grandmaster of it), Meetra Surik, Kyle Katarn, Cin Drallig, Lucien Draay and Kento Marek.

Example of the saberform in Star Wars universe:
(Focus on Kit Fisto).

How do I apply this saberform to MBII?: For the offensive way, simple horizontal swings (A/D swings), head smash swing (W) and SideSeeker combo (A-A-A-A running around the opponent, for example). (Just because this saberform is simple, doesn't mean you can't make other swings like AW,WD,AS,SD. It just means that you should rely most of the times in the A,D,W swings). For the defensive way, you can pblock and counter enemy hits, but if you are having trouble or are low on bp, run back (you can't do such things as hit dodges and acrobatics in MB2 because its risky and you will lose BP and FP, so acrobatics = run in this guide).

Form II -> Makashi

Description of the saberform: Makashi is a saberform that was made for duels, it relies on footwork both in the offensive and defensive stles, and its the most elegant saberform. This saberform favored more in offense, and a little less in defense.

Description of saberform combat: For the offensive way, this saberform doesn't look to kill the enemy at all, instead, it looks to make precise hits that could stun or disarm the enemy (like hits to the neck, knee, stabs, etc...) Its a very relaxed and elegant form of attack. For the defensive way, it doesn't look to block, instead of that, it looks to do parries, which will make a disarm if the opponent doesn't attack with enough strength.

Saberform pros: It's strong against Niman and Shii cho, due to the extreme focusing in duels, and in some cases against juyo/Vaapad (if the opponent doesnt attack with enough strength, he can get disarmed.)

Saberform cons: It's weak against saberforms that are very aggresive and doesn't let the user of the form develop his footwork because of the facehug,
so its weak against offensive Ataru, offensive Djem-So, and juyo/Vaapad. Also, due the extreme focusing in duels, it is the worst against multiple opponents.

Why should i learn this saberform?: Most elegant and goodloking one and extremely focused in duels, so if you like to duel and at the same time look elegant, this is your saberform.

Users of this form in Star Wars universe: Count Dooku (Grand Master of it), General Grievous, Darth Malak, Darth Nihilus, Tyvokka, Exar Kun and Darth Vader.

(Focus on Dooku).

How do i apply this saberform in MBII?: For offensive, make a footwork showoff, like single hits or 2 hits, then go back walking. For defensive, you can make parries, like the saberform says, but its worth to try to pblock counter and then go back, or try to Mblock, also it looks better and cleaner than parries.

Form III -> Soresu

Description of the saberform: This saberform was made to teach how to deflect enemy blasters, but it was applied to dueling, making it a full defensive saberform where the user only attacks when the enemy makes a fail or gets tired. Description of the saberform combat: For the offensive way, attack only when the enemy is tired or makes a fail. For the deffensive way, defend all the time, block the hits, parry them, doesn't matter at all as long as you have a great,
solid defense.

Saberform pros: It doesn't have any counters because it's focused in full defense, only juyo/vaapad could take soresu, and not most of the times, only a experienced juyo/vaapad user could take it.

Saberform cons: Hard to learn, due to the focus to block every hit and larger duels than other saberforms, which can make you get tired.

Why should i learn this saberform?: No counters, full defensive, if you are looking for a full defensive saberstyle, this is yours. Users of this form in Star Wars universe: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Grandmaster of it) Luminara Unduli, Darth Zannah and Kreia/Darth Traya.

(focus on Obi-Wan, only video with the full duel tho).

How do i apply this saberform to MBII?: Pblocking and parrying, that's it. Everytime you PBlock, make a counter with a single hit, and then pblock again. Try to interrupt combos with an anticipate swing (Anticipate the enemies first swing, making an attack at him/her, this does a lot of BP damage), Spam Mblock, Spam Slap, and punish opponent's fail DFAs, falls and Mblock disarms.

Form IV -> Ataru

Description of the saberform: Ataru is a saberform that was made for full offensive, because Ataru users look for short duels, if they're in a duel that last long,
they will get tired. *However, it can be played defensively in MB2*

Description of the saberform combat: For the offensive way, it looks to one hit the enemy and kill the enemy as soon as possible, making critical hits and attacks from every angle, all of the hits are supported by acrobatics. This saberform is also supported by melee. For the defensive way, it doesnt look for block hits, neither parry them, it looks to make acrobatic moves to dodge enemy hits. *Remember, acrobatics in mb2 = run, however, you can make some wall runs.*

Saberform pros: Quickest saberform and saberform with the most mobility, strong against styles that relies nn counters and makes slow attacks like Djem-So and Makashi.

Saberform cons: Bad against multiple opponents, worst if you are with a partner, you need a lot of space to develop the form, its weak against soresu and against good juyo/vaapad users due the facehug and hard yaw which makes the attacks really quick.

Why should i play this form?: Most acrobatic and quickest saberform, a lot of mobility and if you like to hit and not be hit back, then this is your saberform.

Users of this form in Star Wars universe: Yoda (Grandmaster of it), Qui-Gon Jinn, Quinlan Vos (before joining the dark side), Ahsoka Tano, Shaak Ti and early Obi-Wan.

Example of this saberform is Star Wars universe:
(Focus on Yoda).

How do i apply this saberform to MBII?: You have to choose, offensive or defensive playstyle, you can't mix them, however, they are very similar. For offensive playstyle, make 1 or 2 hits, then run back, and then after a short period of time, do it again. Basically, don't let a lot of time between the hit and run series, spam slaps, use wallruns to make offensive attacks like roll hit, and make DFAs (mostly when the opponent gets slapped), and you can also look for opponent's back and use hard yaw and spins.

For defensive playstyle, leave some time for the hit and run sucessions to regenerate BP, use wallruns to get away from the enemy, and use precise slaps and DFAs.

Form V -> Shien/Djem So

Description of the saberform: Shien was made to deflect blasters back at the shooters, after that, it was applied to saber combat, being called Djem So (so we will talk about Djem So, not Shien), this saberform was made for full offensive, it can be played defensive (but is more like using your defense as offensive) and can be mixed. This saberform is based on heavy strength and heavy strength based counters.

Description of the saberform combat: For offensive playstyle, it's based on not letting the enemy attack, and when he does, counter him with a heavy counter. For defensive playstyle, use your defense as offense, which means, let the enemy attack to counter him with a heavy swing.

Saberform pros: Good balance between offensive and defensive playstyle, a lot of playstyles though, great against makashi due to facehug and great against juyo due to the counters.

Saberform cons: Bad against soresu due the full defense and also bad against ataru due to the mobility and speed it has.

Why should i play this form?: If you want a style based on strength, then, this is yours, good offense and good defense, lots of playstyles, being offensive, defensive or both at the same time, best style to make counters, but a good offensive player won't let the enemy attack.

Users of this form in Star Wars universe: Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Darth Malgus, Darth Bane and Darth Vader.

Example of this saberform in Star Wars universe: Obi-Wan and Anakin vs Count Dooku - Revenge of the Sith [1080p HD] (focus on Anakin).

How do i apply this saberform to MBII?: For offensive, facehug to an easier nudge, build acm with single hits (face hugging), during that time you will be vulnerable, so as the saberform says, if the enemy attacks you during that time, try to pblock counter him, and when you have enough ACM (8/9), start making combos (remember to swingblock during the combos or you may get slapped or disarmed.)

For defensive, let the enemy attack first, and when he attacks, make a good counter, basically, play relying on counters.

Form VI -> Niman

Description of the saberform: This saberform is the result of learning all saberforms and applying them all to one (Skill against multiple oponents of Shii-Cho, Makashi footwork, Soresu defense, Ataru acrobatics and speed, Djem so Strength and counters...) Making it a 50% offensive 50% defensive style. This saberform is also supported by force powers.

Description of the saberform combat: Use all saberforms tricks you know, both for defensive and offensive play, and also use force powers (you can use force powers with other saberforms though, but this is the one that uses more of them).

Saberform pros: Great against vaapad/juyo, skill show off, most of advanced yellow players use this form.

Saberform cons: Hardest to learn, hardest to master and weak against makashi due the focusing in dueling.

Why would i play this form?: It's the most equilibrate one, with usage of force powers and you use a little of every previous saberform.

People that use it in Star Wars universe: Darth Revan, Kyle Katarn, Exar Kun, Ki-Adi Mundi, Ven Zallow and Starkiller.

Example of the saberform in Star Wars universe: Darth Malgus vs. Ven Zallow (focus on Zallow).

How do i apply this saberform to MBII?: Using all that you know from previous saberforms.

Form VII -> Juyo/Vaapad

Description of the saberform: Juyo is a saberform that doesnt look only to kill the opponent, it looks to annhilate him, having both strength and speed combined in the attacks. The feel to annhilate the opponent comes because this is an exclusively Sith saberform, so the emotions of hate and anger, makes the user get that annhilation playstyle. This saberform is forbidden to the jedis because these emotions can make the user turn to the dark side (like Quinlan Vos, Sora Bulq, Depa Billaba and Mace Windu). But, when Windu learned all saberforms, by mistake, he learned Juyo, however, he could get over it (like Quinlan and Depa) and made a saberform called Vaapad, which is like Juyo but for the jedis, Vaapad basically changes the mood of feel bad emotions for a mood of ''duel enjoyment'' (As we can see in Palpatine vs Windu, they both have the same playstyle, but a different mood during the duel).

Description of the saberform combat: Juyo/Vaapad is mostly focused in the offense, with a good defense too, but can't be played defensive, only offensive.
As its said, Juyo/Vaapad looks to annhilate the enemy, which means that the user makes strong and quick hits at the same time.

Saberform pros: Good against multiple oponents, Makashi, Niman and Shii-Cho. Best offensive saberform.

Saberform cons: Weak against Djem So counters and most of the cases, weak against Soresu, also weak against other Juyo users. Not the best saberform at defense.

Why would i play this form?: Best offensive saberform, if you are looking to quick duels and destroy the enemy, this is your form, also is good against multiple oponents.

People that use it in Star Wars universe: Juyo: Darth Maul, Darth Sidious, Asajj Ventress, Sora Bulq and Starkiller | Vaapad: Mace Windu, Quinlan Vos and Depa Billaba.

Example of the saberform in Star Wars universe: Obi Wan & Qui Gon Ginn Vs Darth Maul HD 1080p (focus at maul whe he is alone, this is the best demostration for the saberform).

How do i apply this saberform to MBII?: Facehug to abuse nudge and use full 4 hit combos with hard yawing and spins.

Players that use this saberfrom in MBII: Mara, Bawz, Darth-Jora, hleV and Perion.

*Now, before going on the video, lets remark an extra saberform, called Jar'Kai, Jar'Kai doesnt count as a saberform because it is more like a nomenclature, when a user uses Jar'Kai, it means that he is using more than one single saber, as i said is like a nomenclature because you have to mix Jar'Kai with another saberform, for example: Darth Maul and Asajj Ventress used Juyo Jar'Kai, Exar Kun used Makashi/Niman Jar'Kai, General Grievous used Makashi Jar'Kai, Ahsoka Tano used Ataru Jar'Kai, Kreia/Darth Traya used Soresu/Makashi Jar'Kai, Zannah used Soresu Jar'Kai etc...)

Saberform pros and cons are the same, just depend on which saberform you apply to jar'kai.

People that use it in Star Wars universe are named before.

Example of the form in Star Wars universe: General Grievous vs Jedi (Full scene) (focus on grievous).

Aplication to MBII is the same, depends on which saberform you apply.

VIDEO OF SABERFORMS APPLIED TO MBII

Shii-Cho -> 0:00 - 01:47

Makashi -> 1:48 - 03:02

Form III Soresu -> 3:03 - 04:45

Form IV Ataru -> 4:46 - 05:44

Form V Djem So -> Defensive -> 5:45 - 6:31 | Offensive -> 6:32 - 7:10

Form VI Niman -> 7:11 - 8:21

Form VII Juyo/Vaapad -> 8:22 - 8:57

Last edited:

T r i s t a n

Banned
I love how you explained Jar'Kai, I can tell that a lot of effort went into making this.
I think it would be interesting to revisit this explanation video using other styles than Yellow, Cyan for example is in my opinion the perfect Makashi/Djem-So emulator.

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
I love how you explained Jar'Kai, I can tell that a lot of effort went into making this.
I think it would be interesting to revisit this explanation video using other styles than Yellow, Cyan for example is in my opinion the perfect Makashi/Djem-So emulator.
Well you can thank Aizen mostly as he was the one that made the text part of the guide. Yes some forms fit better with other styles, the implementation is fairly similiar with other styles too. Remaking the video with other styles is a good idea and something i would gladly do but its just so exhausting :D

T r i s t a n

Banned
Well you can thank Aizen mostly as he was the one that made the text part of the guide. Yes some forms fit better with other styles, the implementation is fairly similiar with other styles too. Remaking the video with other styles is a good idea and something i would gladly do but its just so exhausting :D
I plan on making various MBII focused YouTube videos in the future, so I would be glad to help you make the videos in any way I can should you ever want to revisit making the videos.

Reactions: SK5
Maybe we will work on it in a future, it will take longer because a style can have at least 2 saberforms, so dont expect the next part to be in 1 week or so, unless me and sk5 have a lot of free time

T r i s t a n

Banned
Maybe we will work on it in a future, it will take longer because a style can have at least 2 saberforms, so dont expect the next part to be in 1 week or so, unless me and sk5 have a lot of free time
I agree. But great thought should be put into just which 2 styles could make up each saber form...

Great guide!
But due to the music, the youtube video is unfortunately not available in germany...
Would love to be able to see it! Could you upload a version without music or make it otherwise accessible? Thanks!

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
Great guide!
But due to the music, the youtube video is unfortunately not available in germany...
Would love to be able to see it! Could you upload a version without music or make it otherwise accessible? Thanks!

Sure ill see what i can do, im a bit late to respond though :p Did u try using a vpn of some sorts, Tor or something, they probably work. The music makes the video 10x times better, tried to give each battle/situation the right kind of feeling with it so its much more enjoyable with music. Gonna upload a non music version too though.

Last edited:

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
Can you add a color to each of the forms as they are in game?

All of the forms were performed with yellow, so its just 1 style played differently each time

Since spins in 1.5.1.1 are no longer viable should i just resort to hard yaws?

Pepito adapted his style into this meta quite well and is still one of the most dominant duelists in this community.

What you call viability is how a current style of combat of given player will scale in the next meta based on adjustments from the dev team, all players tend to abuse the meta in some way, the more they abuse it, the more they will feel the changes in the next meta. To be a top-tier in this community is to know the ins and outs of those imbalances and to adapt your style in a way that incorporates them, people who strive to improve and learn to adapt to those various variables become top-tiers. To learn how to use those imbalances, these players go through thousand if not more duels to gradually improve their style in order to scale better. People join clans, get taught, practice constantly and enjoy the game.

Best example of such duelist I have observed is Occultist.

This explanation is also viable for other games and has a practical application in real life.

So, this begs a question from me: "Do you mean to tell me that the work these people put is not viable?"

I am also extremely biased since I was taught the basics of spinning by Pepito and I am still using them.
PS: I know this is not what you meant, but I still felt the urge to nitpick you about it. :D

Bonus round: The feedback the beta team gives, generally all players do, is what helps the devs to improve the saber system.

Watching Soresu duels:
Soresu vs Shii-Cho <--Next level
Soresu vs Soresu <-- Fq go back

Last edited:
Безымянный.png

xD

I wonder what he said to get there, oh memories.