Greenlight Steam

Hello, I've not got much knowledge into Greenlighting games on Steam but it somewhat gives an advertisement on the game, maybe it could be used to get a better playerbase?:D

Pretty sure it only works for game intended to be sold.
But im am also unsure about that because free to play games have been in early access and green light.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Pretty sure it only works for game intended to be sold.
But im am also unsure about that because free to play games have been in early access and green light.

You can do mods. However, Ben did make an attempt to contact them but I don't think we got a response.

You can do mods. However, Ben did make an attempt to contact them but I don't think we got a response.
Oh if thats the case, you need to wait a long time or be a pain in the ass.
The are so many games that apply for green-light, they kinda need a social media presence for the transition to go smoothly.

The best bet would be to do the whole twitter bullshit thing or run around trying to get more interviews, like that rock paper shotgun article.
Basically tell people you exist, kiss the baby, provide the horizontal handshake on the pelvis region and ask "hey we could use some help for greenlight."

Last edited:
That's why I thought it'd be a good idea if I started to stream my gameplay ect ^^', may get us a bigger playerbase

Don't do that XxxT3hpengu1n0fdo0mxxX shit.
Grab the people that want hardcore matches and are competitive.
Last thing we need is pewd shits or markies.

We want the type of people that follow LevelCap, Wrel, or even Node.

Last edited:
Maybe it is a generation gap, but i haven't understood a single sentence from the above post.
Alright Kitty lady.
There are two youtubers that have the worst fanbases and that is pewdiepie, and Markiplier. (Pewds and markies). We don't want to copy their format, infact stay away from much as possible.

Here are the people that have fanbases that won't destroy our game, and will actually appreciate it.
Wrel
LevelCapGaming
Node

We want this audience, the ones that play competitive shooters, and are willing to deal with bullshit in order to learn the game.
Here is what I ment by the penguin shit, Katy t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m | Know Your Meme
To summarize, we don't need new players that manage to be more childish than me.
You are only 3 years older than me, I don't think anyone expects you to know American internet culture early 2000's and late 90's.

Last edited:
Bump. Hey Mace, maybe you can tell Ben to re-send another plead for this mod to get some more greenlight! (pun intended)

Maybe us, the MBII Community should compose an email to LevelCapGaming, and Node

[email protected]

Maybe we could gather up some donations to give to levelcap for a spotlight.

Also for Node

[email protected]

we can do similar, if we bring enough donations to the table, it would be incentive for him to do a spotlight, and with that his viewerbase would get to see the mod, and we might just attract a lot of people.

getting this game on the free to play section on steam will definitely get it a boost in traffic although i don't know how downloading it would work since it requires a copy of jka

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
getting this game on the free to play section on steam will definitely get it a boost in traffic although i don't know how downloading it would work since it requires a copy of jka
Well there are other mods available on Steam for other games that are free but still require the base game to play. I would assume it would work the same as those.

shoud try dash star on you tube i now he loves jka and still plays the base game to this day im sure if someone got into contact with him he would be happy to help

I think any advertising would be good advertising at this point, I mean the mod has been out for JKA since 2004 and it's still better than a lot of modern games. Try every youtuber you can, the idiots will stop playing it after 2 days anyway.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
That'd be nice to have a steam mod that installs the mod for you. (i.e. Just Cause 2 MP mod, DayZ Arma 2 Mod)