General Voice Update Thread

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
This thread is a place to store specific timestamps (or maybe even audio files) for specific lines that could be used for mods/updates to improve the quality of taunts/gloats for various characters.

This started because I supposed that Jyn and Cassian could both have better taunts/gloats, and MaceMadunusus offered to get good quality audio samples from his blu-ray copy of Rogue One if I listed specific timestamps for lines I wanted.

So here's those, to start.

Taunts:
"Really." (timestamp 15:19)
"...What?" (18:51)
"What do YOU know?" (1:11:50)

Gloats:
"Rebellions are built on hope." (28:52)
"You're not the only one who lost everything." (1:12:07)
"Everything I did... I did for the rebellion." (1:20:05)

Taunts:
"I remember you." (17:54)
"You can't talk your way around this." (1:12:17)
"Ready?" (1:28:05)
"I'm Jyn Erso. Daughter of Galen and Lyra." (1:58:45)

Gloats:
"I like to think he's dead." (15:10)
"Must be quite a surprise." (39:57)
"Rebellions are built on hope!" (1:18:19)
"You've lost." (1:58:48)

Feel free to make your own lists of timestamped lines if you want to get some progress rolling on updating any other character voices.

My own guidelines/standards for lines are that they should have:

0. Character accuracy. The reason I so strongly want to replace the current Jyn lines is because they're sappy, overly-chipper-sounding lines pulled from EA Battlefront, that don't capture her Movie character well at all.
1. Good audio quality. A "consistent sound" to them with minimal ambience. Lots of potential Cassian lines were marred by the fact that he sounded a bit like he was moving closer to or further from the mic, and sounded too whispery. This is the main thing I want to improve on for Cassian, actually. His current lines in MB2 have too much of that whisperiness and "variance."
2. Relevance. Taunt lines should be feasible as lines to say either at the start of combat or in reply to an enemy taunt (which is what I went with for Cassian). Gloat lines should either be something to say after killing someone or just a "characteristic" line, like a catchphrase. "It's too bad only commandos get bacta processing implants" is a good example of an existing line with poor relevance.
3. Humor, if possible. I think "I like to think he's dead" is a hilarious line to say after killing someone. Although I don't like Quinlan Vos's current voice overall, I will say the line "We didn't have to do this" is a brilliant Gloat joke.

Last edited:

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
Snoke is going to have the best taunts.

Great idea for a thread btw.