Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Yeah, it's easier to tell others to do something better rather than listening and improving
And its easy to have all the answers when your on the outside and probably don't have the technical skills to do what we do. This ain't dustin' crops kid.

No. Lessen quoted someone else, and his proposal is not to 'Gas Stassin'. Apparently it was Kimmy's idea. If Kimmy makes such a suggestion on any official MB2 communications channel he will promptly receive an arse kicking of epic proportions.

ive never said such thing about actually gassing people, wasn't even my idea ;)

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
First, a senate wont work. I doubt you'd even get 11 people who would take it seriously. Just look at the beta team (Which you were part of, if you remember Lessen). People volunteer and apply for that, and of all the people that have applied if 3 showed up for a test it would be a good turnout - yet typically 6 devs make it, and there are far fewer devs than there are beta testers. Viserys and Spaghetti used a stick for that problem, but i'm really not a fan of that approach, I would much rather make it more rewarded for people to show up, but that's an on going internal problem. Having a senate like this would just be another plate to keep spinning and there would be too much disagreement anyway.
Regarding the poor beta participation, it's worth noting that tests were scheduled at specific times, and people each had their own, conflicting schedules. This wouldn't be a problem with the Senate, because senators could be allowed a span of multiple days to vote, or to get some playtime in on an Open Beta. I think it's plausible.

Also, Senators would be both self-nominated AND voted-in by the community, which would mean they could have the community pressuring them to participate. If the community cares at all. And the community should care, if it's made clear that the Senate actually has a voice.

In theory.

ive never said such thing about actually gassing people, wasn't even my idea ;)
Yes, sorry for implying that you said this. I was speaking sort of facetiously about your statement that the dev team should be replaced.

I figure nobody here really means literal harm to anyone else.

Just to clarify the title, @DaloLorn had it right in saying I was going for clickbait. The subtext of my suggestion is that people like Stassin currently have disproportionate influence, so the title is technically related to the actual idea, but it's mostly just clickbait to get people who care about the whole topic in general to get in here and discuss.

Arguably, I AM saying "gas stassin," so perhaps I deserve an infraction too, but all I mean by it is "I think Stassin is a problem." I'm not literally advocating for harming Stassin. It's a meem. It's extremely tongue-in-cheek.

I'm not sure if I came up with the phrase "gas stassin" or if I was parroting someone else. I think a tR guy on Discord has been saying "delete stassin," and I had him in mind. KimmyMarin did not actually say anything about literally gassing/harming the dev team; rather, she said that the whole dev team (or most of it) should be replaced with a new dev team. I spoke too loosely.

I understand if people think the exact Senate idea is impractical. I think it could work if the devs had some commitment to go along with what the Senate votes on, and if the Senates votes are public, and if the community can boot senators in some way (or if term limits are short enough that the Senate changes hands relatively frequently, to stay in tune with the whims of the community.)

But even if the Senate idea is ultimately discarded, I think this was worth it to stir discussion.

thanks for clarifying even thought it wasn't needed in the first place things considered (not demising ur comment though), specially after what i said on the original post that so far has no attention at all, like always.

And its easy to have all the answers when your on the outside and probably don't have the technical skills to do what we do. This ain't dustin' crops kid.

DEFLECT 3
:eek:

No one has all the answers, and I'm pretty sure more than 90% of the community doens't have the technical skills. Oh this is why everyone's opinion doesn't matter : o

You are missing your fedora, nothing personal kid

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Further comment regarding "I doubt you'd even get 11 people who would take it seriously.":
I think there are at least 11 people who'd care enough to participate, between the NA and EU.

And again, if they're voted in, their votes are public, and they have short term limits, they sort of have to follow the whims of the watching community. And if the community disagrees with the Senate's choices but doesn't participate/vote at all, they're... worthless...

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
You want a senate in a star wars mod?
I am the senate!

RL Footage of me:

Given how some devs are behaving in this thread then I have to agree with anything that lowers their power to make arbitrary decisions.

No one makes arbitrary decisions about what goes into a build.

No one has all the answers, and I'm pretty sure more than 90% of the community doens't have the technical skills. Oh this is why everyone's opinion doesn't matter : o
I have been very vocal time and time again about needing to listen more. Listening more doesn't mean doing what the loudest people say.

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
. The subtext of my suggestion is that people like Stassin currently have disproportionate influence,
These people have no actual info about what's going on and simply need a scapegoat for any issue they have.
Yes, i don't have disproportionate influence about anything, and everything i do is literally exclusively based on feedback. Don't believe it if you want, doesn't stop it from being a fact. I dunno exactly what kind of rumors are going on on discord lately, but they're probably based off of me losing my temper and saying i made v1.5 happen gameplay-wise, without actual knowledge of anything that's going on at all.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
You're missing the main point: with 2 or 3 people within the dev team already disagreeing on gameplay directions, imagine the number of people disagreeing within a "Senate", let alone the entire community. Without giving someone some executive "power", nothing is ever going to get done.

Even if that someone with executive power tries their best to take into account all opinions/feedback possible, expecting all opinions to be represented in the final decision-making is nothing short of absurd except for trivial discussions. Add in the struggle of rummaging through educated/uneducated/both feedback, the task is far from simple.
The power goes to the majority vote in the Senate; the Senate has short term limits (say 4-6 weeks or something) so if the way the Senate votes isn't liked, other people get voted in. For the sake of the larger community's happiness, I'm fine with the minority not necessarily being represented.

Stassin

Donator
was purple stab's reintroduction based on extensive internal testing?
Yes, it was tested several times like everything else. There was no opposition voiced towards it apart from about 1 person out of 10, hence it staying. Turns out internal testing wasn't enough to get a clear idea about it being too strong.

Smee

Banned
Yes, it was tested several times like everything else. There was no opposition voiced towards it apart from about 1 person out of 10, hence it staying. Turns out internal testing wasn't enough to get a clear idea about it being too strong.
How did nobody notice how ridiculous it was? Didn't any of the testers try purple? It's not exactly hard to notice how OP it is. Seriously, if testers can't spot something that obvious then there is something going wrong with the testing process.

How did nobody notice how ridiculous it was? Didn't any of the testers try purple? It's not exactly hard to notice how OP it is. Seriously, if testers can't spot something that obvious then there is something going wrong with the testing process.

CyhQeTc.png

Best thing is more open betas IMO. We got tons of feedback from those and it's easy for everyone to participate on their own time.

Stassin

Donator
This is funny really, is all that's wrong with the patch purple stab being able to hit people multiple times ? Is there a need for all this hate just for that ? It was even stated that this was a bug which was found right before release and couldn't be fixed in time. And apart from that, stab didn't feel OP no.

Status
Not open for further replies.