Future Jedi/Sith nerf predictions.

Hi!

Due to the nerfs and changes to saber classes in recent patches, I thought it would be a good idea to talk about possible changes and/or nerfs to them in the future. Usually, 70 percent of patch notes are changes to saber classes, so It's nice to see the dev team solely focused on "balancing" them. So guys let's put some feedback on here and maybe give them some ideas on how to further nerf the saber classes.

Yes, I created this thread to sort-of take the piss and vent my frustrations about the state of Jedi/Sith at the moment, but hey don't take it seriously.

I predict: -

• Jedi and Sith have their sabers taken away.
  • Force push/pull has some sort of delay or charge-up.
  • Instead of holding block, Jedi and Sith can only block projectiles (without ruining their fp) by standing still like a statue.

Etc, etc....

:D

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Since this is an extremely silly thread anyway, I don't feel bad about saying something that's only barely relevant. Your mention of saberless force users randomly made me wonder why force users aren't allowed to use guns. A force user with a gun out seems pretty easy to kill since they can't block shots. Costs for buying a gun could be made appropriately high to prevent any kind of overpowered build, although I'm not sure what an OP gunjedi would even look like.

Is it just for canonicity? Since MOST Jedi prefer the Elegant Weapon? The only gunny force users I know of are spunky/pragmatic Rebels from the empire era.

A little on-topic: As a gunner, I still get seemingly effortlessly rolled over by certain Jedi/Sith who are smart enough to do things like half-swing off of a shot block and then hit me with the earliest possible hitbox. Although they're only allowed to do that half-swing because I'm trying to spray through their block even when they're at close range. I suppose that in theory, whenever a saberist is really close to a gunner, all the gunners in the area should stop shooting to prevent blockswings, and try to move around to hit the saberist in the back or punish raw swings (supposing a style slow enough to react to raw swings).

If I gave in completely to my salt, I would say something only-half-joking about how saberists shouldn't have blockswings, or, to go even further, should have extra SLOW swings if they attack immediately after blocking a shot at close range, but, that would be very silly.

A force user with a gun out seems pretty easy to kill since they can't block shots. Costs for buying a gun could be made appropriately high to prevent any kind of overpowered build, although I'm not sure what an OP gunjedi would even look like.

I never understood why they couldn't pick up guns to begin with. Do all Jedi have butter fingers? Maybe mutated hands? Who knows.

acX31u.gif

Last edited:

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
@Oddlewad You could simply force a player to choose between 'Blaster' or 'Saber Style' skills. Maybe no saber defense if they take a blaster, or just outright forbid saber styles like with the M5's attachments.

Of course, since there appears to be a limit on how many skill types a class can have, that does become slightly problematic...

I predict cyan/purple/duals/staff styles will be removed from open mode along with all style-specific "perks".

Oh please God, let my wish come true. *kneels and prays*

Meh, I still want the pre-1.4 cyan perk back. Then I can have Ataru. ;)

Stassin

Donator
I predict cyan/purple/duals/staff styles will be removed from open mode along with all style-specific "perks".

Oh please God, let my wish come true. *kneels and prays*
Do the likes i'm getting mean that you people like this idea ?

Could this mean that if i made a poll here on forums it would get supported ??

And then the only thing left would be to convince those n00bz my fellow dev team members and it could get released ???

Holy Creator Georges, i dare not address you, but could it be that my plea has been heard ???? *wants to leap around in joy but kneels and prays more*

?????

*Begs for mercy* *Acts weak and supplicant*
Pleaaase i'm too weak don't refuse my idea pleaaase

God, good, goood, everything is proceeding as i have planned... soon, I will be the Senate dev team !

200.gif

DeshieL

Donator
Some current builds are able to turn you into a super antigunner god. Luckily I haven't met anyone who would put those in use and played them properly enought to work.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
People wondering how jedi/sith with guns would be clearly haven't played enough !spin.

RG4

People wondering how jedi/sith with guns would be clearly haven't played enough !spin.
God talk about fun on so many levels seeing Jedi with T21 level 3 and push 3.

FA has Jedi with guns but they're usually either with weak force powers or it's power class that's countered by the other classes on the enemy team.

DaloLorn

I kinda wish there was a server that ran that event 24/7. I also wish some things were changed about it, but you know my opinion on that already. :p

God talk about fun on so many levels seeing Jedi with T21 level 3 and push 3.

Heh, my build on Commtower was basically an improved Tyria Sarkin (from the FA) with lots of Force powers, only without a starting weapon. Could be fun, whenever I actually got a gun instead of losing over half of my HP.

FA has Jedi with guns but they're usually either with weak force powers or it's power class that's countered by the other classes on the enemy team.

Mmm, my favorite Jedi-gunner hybrid is probably the Jedi girl whose name I can't remember right now, from CMP_HotFO. The one with Miraluka sense (god, that helps so much in a map as dark as that), sense 3, heal 3, push 1 or 2, some kind of 5-tier hero heal, pistol 2 and nothing but fast saber styles. Can you say 'jack of all trades'? :p

Couldn't beat any competent duelist with her, but I could hold my own against basically everything else barring overwhelming hostile numbers - occasionally even the enemy's SBD-Cultist-Jedi hybrid abominations with their cortosis armor and speed punch. :)

I predict that ARC will get a vibrosword capable of blocking & disarming sabers. I will then become the bane of not only sith at range but in melee...

I can dream, right?

Has anyone thought about LOWERING the mandolorian E-33 Ammo? I mean I may be wrong but mandolorians get like 20-30 sniper shots with AMMO2 with the E-33. Half of my deaths probably come from the mando snipe. LOl

zane

US Official Server Admin
Has anyone thought about LOWERING the mandolorian E-33 Ammo? I mean I may be wrong but mandolorians get like 20-30 sniper shots with AMMO2 with the E-33. Half of my deaths probably come from the mando snipe. LOl
yeah mando sniper is pretty good against jedi and low armor classes. Ammo should prob be lowered just a little bit though.