Force Sense OP

Force sense has been the bane of my existence ever since I started playing MB2. Having the ability to press a button and obtain free wall hacks is unfun. It ruins any chance at strategic flanking maneuvers or intelligently, elaborately crafted traps. Instead some jedi or sith uses force sense and immediately knows everyone's position, giving no chance of winning to those who aren't necessarily good at aiming but really good at positioning or setting up cool traps. Instead we get pew pew and jedi or sith go wobble wobble jump wobble wobble. It's the same thing every time and ruins the diversity of plans that could be concocted. I like the idea of force sense dodging sniper bullets however, just remove the wall hacking part and add something more balanced in its place and the game will be better for it .

I read all this and all of the other suggestions on what sense should turn in to to make it balanced seem convoluted at best and bad at worst. Why not just reduce the incredible range of sense 3? I personally only ever run sense 1 if at all and the small radar makes it feel balanced since I only pop it on for a moment to see how many enemies are in the area. If the same small area of effect is applied to sense 3 then I dont see why it isn't balanced for open play assuming there's no discord tryhards because "balance" for wallhax is a huge grey area and like Kodar mentioned sense is more powerful on some maps than others.

At the moment the game is like gunners have incredibly strong guns, jedi have incredibly strong powers, everyone gets shafted by something. If it is decided that sense needs to be significantly changed then someone is gonna have to come up with something better than whats in this thread to keep jedi fun, as honestly I dont see saber users being balanced if sense was just completely removed with no compensation. (such as reducing the cost of other offensive powers like pull)

What an asinine defense. In that regard, both sides have p3 and proj. Were the proj nerfs warranted or not? Is p3 not out of control or not? Are sec nades fine seeing as how both sides have them?

To be fair, you kind of responded to my captain obvious with a huge whataboutism. We were made for each other lol.

Kodar

Internal Beta Team
I referenced those because you claimed it is balanced on nothing more than it being on both sides. That doesn't mean a mechanic is well designed or balanced. That kind of logic is what I was targeting. Referencing other mechanics is completely reasonable for such a thing.

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
I would much rather people in callouts say "there's around 5 or 6 going side" rather than say "There's a caster wookie, proj hero, jedi, rocket arc, and clone with minigun going side". At a certain point flanks and maneuvering is negated by jedi and sith running around spamming sense, and even without the detailed wallhack images the ability to just negate a good flank by seeing movement through walls is pretty wild.

Sense should be a ping that costs around 30 (vary dependent on level) that sends out a circular wave with lengths determined by the amount of points put in that shows a silhouette of the enemy player for at least 1-2 seconds, much like the sova wallhack arrow in valorant. Current version is definitely OP because like others have said, its essentially wallhax.

There was a proposal and a discussion that followed a few years ago about changing sense to a "burst" ability that would just highlight the position of the enemies within certain arc & range and that image would stay for a few secs.

As in, you use sense in main, there's a sold behind a corner, he was there when you used sense, but the image is static, he might've ran away by the time you get to that position.

That would turn sense into a very situational and not spammable ability like it is nowadays. You'd have just enough time to tell the position of the most dangerous enemies.

This was my concept I made in UE4 for it. Pulse radiating out from the player.
I really like these Idea's tho, you could refine it so that when people are behind walls, the green/red figure (with sense 3) would show up in a pulse and then remain stationary (helix post), but once you are within line of sight with a person, the figure snaps to them like it does in public, that way it still looks smooth and lets you see the enemy better, while still letting you read their HP/Armor etc. Sense 2 could be like mace's post, and sense 1 can just be sonar basically.

Sense should be a ping that costs around 30 (vary dependent on level) that sends out a circular wave with lengths determined by the amount of points put in that shows a silhouette of the enemy player for at least 1-2 seconds, much like the sova wallhack arrow in valorant. Current version is definitely OP because like others have said, its essentially wallhax.

This sounds great, especially the nerf on the range because atm the range is unlimited as long as there are no area portals. For ex: mb2_scarif doesn't have area portals and you can literally see people from your spawn to the other. Being able to call out flanks from 100 light years away isn't good balance even if both sides have it.

Another dumb thought, but what if we gave Bounty Hunters the ability to go invisible from sense for a moment, and perma invisibility for droids and jedi/sith with fb3.

Another dumb thought, but what if we gave Bounty Hunters the ability to go invisible from sense for a moment, and perma invisibility for droids and jedi/sith with fb3.

but if SBD and Deka are undetectable from sense then that plays into the best gameplan for playing as SBD which is to ambush with high firepower. If SBD and Deka couldn't be seen on sense then I would start bitching about a change needed to their mindtrick modules so that jedi with MT could sneak up on them with a bit of luck, skill, and timing