Force Sense: FA-Only ?

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Just throwing in a poll to see what at least ppl lurking on forums think about it.

Ideas like making sense be just a warning sign on radar when an enemy is closeby, not giving precise locations, have been discussed recently, but ultimately just knowing about an enemy's presence is still a big advantage. And that's as little an advantage as it's going to get, really, that's pretty much as weak as we could make force sense.

So what about removing force sense from open mode completely ? Only FA classes would still freely have its powerful current version, and it's fine for jedi/sith to be uber-good-at-surviving/ambushing/teamworking/killing 1v1/pretty much everything apart from killing enemies at a distance characters in FA.

Not adding a 3rd possible response in the form of "keep it in open mode but a weaker version", that kind of opinion should go in the "No." option because ultimately it's keeping Sense in open mode.

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Voted Yes just to piss off force users.
4a3c3e9ddb89babe1ae32689dd958171.jpg
Removing it would make force users almost useless in Open, not even mentioning the matches where Force Sense is one of the main tools for the saberist along with Force Push.
Thus, removing it would make the difference between good and great saberists more blurry, as well as lower the overall skillcap.
Rework/nerf - yes. Remove - nope.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
This is ridiculous. I can't understand why would somebody suggest such thing.
Why you people constantly trying nerfing saberist as much as possible? Are all those existing nerfs not enough already? How weak do you want sith/jedi to be?
Maybe you should just remove saberists completely from open mode, since you hate them THAT much?

It would be more honest if you confessed: "I'm sick of jedi. MBII should be a gunners-only game".
but ultimately just knowing about an enemy's presence is still a big advantage.
What about advantage of being able to kill an opponent when you're not standing closely to him?
What about advantage of being able to kill an opponent with a grenade?
What about advantage of having more then one life?
What about advantage of playing wookiee, clone, sbd?

Last edited:
This is ridiculous. I can't understand why would somebody suggest such thing.
Why you people constantly trying nerfing saberist as much as possible? Are all those existing nerfs not enough already? How weak do you want sith/jedi to be?
Maybe you should just remove saberists completely from open mode, since you hate them THAT much?

It would be more honest if you confessed: "I'm sick of jedi. MBII should be a gunners-only game".

What about advantage of being able to kill an opponent when you're not standing closely to him?
What about advantage of being able to kill an opponent with a grenade?
What about advantage of having more then one life?
What about advantage of playing wookiee, clone, sbd?

Why do you ask him, this dev doesnt listen to anyone and if he could he would remove them.
Alone this whole poll is a farce.
There are more gunners in this game then saberists, so its clear how this joke ends.

I dont think removing sense is a good idea. Because: it is a part of gameplay by jedi/sith, and removing it will deprive a part of gameplay and interest. Without sense jedis become stupid "run forward, swing wider" berserk. Nerf sense? yes. Rework? Sure! Make it look like warning about enemy presence, warning about incoming missile or about enemy behind you. But this is another part of story i guess.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
Rework would be preferable to removal.
One possible idea: Constant FP drain while using sense, drain based on sense level. Meditate + active sense = no drain.

There are more gunners in this game then saberists, so its clear how this joke ends.
Have you even played this game? Whenever I play, most of the time on most servers at least half of each team are saberists.

Rework would be preferable to removal.
One possible idea: Constant FP drain while using sense, drain based on sense level. Meditate + active sense = no drain.

Have you even played this game? Whenever I play, most of the time on most servers at least half of each team are saberists.
It should still cost something for activating so it just wont be a thing you spam every 3 seconds to have full fp and check if there are enemies nearby.

It should still cost something for activating so it just wont be a thing you spam every 3 seconds to have full fp and check if there are enemies nearby.
Maybe you play on the wrong servers then.
Anyway this goes offtopic, and i laughed enough.
I voted "no" but in the end i dont care, i always play with sense 1, its enough.
If they remove sense and it gets stupid, i can just play duel or quit. Its not a big deal.
1.4 was the worst update, it can only get better now. (hopefully)

Why I hear only jedi nerf suggestions from devs team?

What about unstoppable Deka? Battle Droid? or soldier class with 3 life grenades and sprint?
-nope we wanna nerf jedi scum! execute order 66 etc
Take mind trick or ion blobs = deka ragequits, gg

If SBD picks cortosis it means it doesn't have magnetic plating, so just call any decent gunner to rek him for you.

Now, I agree that soldiers are a pain in the ass if they take Training 2. It's basically a counter to all classes and is exteremely annoying to play against, but I guess it's how it's supposed to be.

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Voted yes entirely out of curiosity about what it would be like. After all, we can't know completely without trying.

rambledamn:

Sense promotes strategies oriented around sticking together and communicating, in one sense, so to speak. If two teams both use Sense well, then the best strategy is usually to just stick together completely. Which is kinda interesting. Ish. But Sense also creates lone-wolf saberists that are impervious to ambushes, which is bad, because lone-wolf saberists are already obnoxiously strong, in my opinion.

Removing sense would promote other interesting strategies like larger-scale, riskier ambushes and a greater emphasis on scouting. Ambushes would be riskier because without Sense, the ambusher can't tell if they've bit off more than they can chew, or if the enemy is taking that route in the first place.

I'm also in the camp that believes that saber spam is... if not "too strong" it's at least "too mindless," because saberists can get away with so much less teamplay than almost every other class, by virtue of the fact that saberists punish every other class for not using teamplay. Every other class besides Hero, I mean. But then, Hero Armor 3 being as low as it is, Hero just gets punished by other Gunners for not using teamplay.

Removing Sense would also make Tracking Darts slightly more serious business. It also raises the question of if SBD radar would be removed too. Would radar be OP in a Senseless world? Or would the range limitation and slow speed of an SBD limit it appropriately.

also: with the ultra-mobile Mando and Deka, along with tracking darts and SBD radar, would a dynamic be created where imps are slanted towards "intel" while, because of clones and ion and wookies, rebs are slanted more towards "bullish assault"? Force Speed would be used for scouting though.

it's also probable that people would be as uncommunicative as they already are ("very"), and removing Sense would just make random pub teams even more fragmented and lone-wolfy. I'd like to see manual scouting though.

One thing I really would enjoy about removing sense is: the engine-level "glitch" where you can't see/hear/experience people that are in non-loaded regions of the map would become substantially less relevant.

edit: also, I really don't understand why so many Ideas Guys in this community seem to approach balance from a 1v1 perspective rather than a larger context of diverse team-based interactions. Like, even the whole "you're nerfing Jedi in favor of Gunners" angle is just nonsensical to me, because unless something goes terribly terribly wrong, the best team is always going to consist of some mix of Saberists and Gunners.

Balance-wise, who wins in a given 1v1 matchup strikes me as incredibly irrelevant compared to the question of: Does a good team consist of a diverse bunch of roles that support each other?

Last edited:

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
question for more "dev-friendliness": why not make sense force-user only o_O?

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
You mean Force Whore only? Although I don't like that term and do want it to be replaced, "force-user" reads as a reference to Jedi/Sith in general, to me.

What about "Force Lord"