Force Sense: FA-Only ?

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Just throwing in a poll to see what at least ppl lurking on forums think about it.

Ideas like making sense be just a warning sign on radar when an enemy is closeby, not giving precise locations, have been discussed recently, but ultimately just knowing about an enemy's presence is still a big advantage. And that's as little an advantage as it's going to get, really, that's pretty much as weak as we could make force sense.

So what about removing force sense from open mode completely ? Only FA classes would still freely have its powerful current version, and it's fine for jedi/sith to be uber-good-at-surviving/ambushing/teamworking/killing 1v1/pretty much everything apart from killing enemies at a distance characters in FA.

Not adding a 3rd possible response in the form of "keep it in open mode but a weaker version", that kind of opinion should go in the "No." option because ultimately it's keeping Sense in open mode.

Keep sense, but weight the FP cost to balance it. You can be a wise old Jedi calling out enemy positions for your teammates, but shouldn't have all your FP pool to then go charging into the enemy ranks.

(all-Jedi teams should be "theoretically sub-optimal." For what it's worth. Like an all-Medic team in TF2. This is a team game, as much as so many of you don't seem to believe it.)
Ah a team game...sure thats the reason why all gunners have flinch to solo jedi/sith now.
If this would be a team game they had to team up, since they cant do this, they got a new feature for protection.

And if they remove sense or "reimagine" it, it would remove some teamplay feature from the saberist side.
This seems for me like really bad excuses, so you can hide that j/s get nerfed again.

Ah a team game...sure thats the reason why all gunners have flinch to solo jedi/sith now.
If this would be a team game they had to team up, since they cant do this, they got a new feature for protection.

And if they remove sense or "reimagine" it, it would remove some teamplay feature from the saberist side.
This seems for me like really bad excuses, so you can hide that j/s get nerfed again.
Do you realise that gunners HAVE to stick together even in this patch? If a lone gunner meets 2 jedi/sith, he's dead in 90% of cases (unless that's a manda), but if a lone jedi/sith encounters 2 gunners, he most likely escapes (or even kills them). You talk like flinch is some magic button to instakill all saberists around you. But in reality you need to have PERFECT aim to kill even 1 good sith/jedi in close quarters.

Also, why the heck do you guys keep telling us that jedi/sith should have Force Sense? What are the arguments behind it? "To spot enemies and encourage teamplay" - okay, but you can do that without a wallhack. Crazy right? But jedi/sith already have a perfect kit for reconnaissance: outstanding mobility (speed, mind trick, jump and acrobatics) and ability to protect themselves from any threat (blocking and force push). Even if you completely remove Sense, this class will still remain the best for scouting and spotting. You don't need to have a wallhack to be a team player/scout, ya know.

Let the shitstorm continue.

T r i s t a n

Banned
This whole argument favors Gunners. I have been playing Gunner recently to see how the other half lives. MY GOD... REALLY? You are all playing easy-mode compared to the Jedi/Sith players! All you need to do is point and click to take advantage of Flinch and inta-win... Now you want to nerf Jedi/Sith even more? DEAR LORD. MBII is in its last days.

This whole argument favors Gunners. I have been playing Gunner recently to see how the other half lives. MY GOD... REALLY? You are all playing easy mode compared to the Jedi/Sith players! Now you want to nerf them even more? DEAR LORD. MBII is in its last days.
Yeah, but they dont get it.
If i play gunner sometimes, i mostly concentrate on j/s because its so easy compared to killing gunners.

T r i s t a n

Banned
Yeah, but they dont get it.
If i play gunner sometimes i mostly concentrate on j/s because its so easy compared to killing gunners.
RIGHT?! It seems like newb gunners are the ones running the main development of MBII... Like literally all of your issues you are having as a gunner involve you being killed 1v1 with a Jedi/Sith. YOU NEED TO STAY WITH YOUR TEAM MATES (Squad up!) I honestly don't know how the dev team is even thinking about nerfing the Jedi/Sith even more than they already have...
Should gunners just be able to one shot us? Maybe we shouldn't be able to block blaster fire at all? I don't know...

T r i s t a n

Banned
A passive buff of dmg increase or health/stamina regen should be incorporated for troops to encourage sticking together and team work. You all complain so much that you will end up killing MBII just because you are a nooby gunner. I don't even play gunner, and I was using the chain gun and wrecking last night... I didn't even have to resort to grenades or blobs... Now you want to make Jedi/Sith completely useless in a fight against a single gunner???? Wow.

A passive buff of dmg increase or health/stamina regen should be incorporated for troops to encourage sticking together and team work. You all complain so much that you will end up killing MBII just because you are a nooby gunner. I don't even play gunner, and I was using the chain gun and wrecking last night... I didn't even have to resort to grenades or blobs... Now you want to make Jedi/Sith completely useless in a fight against a single gunner???? Wow.
When i played deka, one jedi, i consider him a good saberist, totally failed against me because of flinch it was like a joke.
I thought his swing kills me because i had to turn but like magic i hit is saber with one shot and he flinched and died after this.
I understand the point that jedis cant be near invincible like in the movies, but flinch was the baddest decision they could make.
A passive buff of dmg increase or health/stamina regen should be incorporated for troops to encourage sticking together and team work.
This sounds like a good idea, remove flinch and add some buffs for troops if they stick together.
But this doesnt belong in this thread.

For sense like i said, removing or reimagine it like hexodius mentioned, isnt a good decision.
If they cant see whats behind the next door why should j/s go first then or help at all? (so much sniper spam often and i dont want to mention the mandasniper)
Too dangerous, for a one life class who can get killed so easy.
I myself woud go and camp at a place where i have a better protection.
We have no armor like gunner classes, no extra lifes, no ranged weapons, too high FP drains and we are not allowed two swing properly.
An now you want remove/change sense a way its not very useful?

T r i s t a n

Banned
When i played deka, one jedi, i consider him a good saberist, totally failed against me because of flinch it was like a joke.
I thought his swing kills me because i had to turn but like magic i hit is saber with one shot and he flinched and died after this.
I understand the point that jedis cant be near invincible like in the movies, but flinch was the baddest decision they could make.

This sounds like a good idea, remove flinch and add some buffs for troops if they stick together.
But this doesnt belong in this thread.

For sense like i said, removing or reimagine it like hexodius mentioned, isnt a good decision.
If they cant see whats behind the next door why should j/s go first then or help at all? (so much sniper spam often and i dont want to mention the mandasniper)
Too dangerous, for a one life class who can get killed so easy.
I myself woud go and camp at a place where i have a better protection.
We have no armor like gunner classes, no extra lifes, no ranged weapons, too high FP drains and we are not allowed two swing properly.
An now you want remove/change sense a way its not very useful?
Personally I think Flinch is actually a great addition to the Gunner class. I think it is one of the MAIN reasons why Jedi/Sith need not be nerfed further.

Personally I think Flinch is actually a great addition to the Gunner class. I think it is one of the MAIN reasons why Jedi/Sith need not be nerfed further.
Hm, but flinch shouldnt work with every shot.
If we had unlimited fp for block it would be fair.
Because thats what flinch is, a superior block and easy kill function for gunners and they dont need fp, i think after one flinch there should be at least a short cooldown.
Its just time to nerf gunners instead j/s.

T r i s t a n

Banned
Hm, but flinch shouldnt work with every shot.
If we had unlimited fp for block it would be fair.
Because thats what flinch is, a superior block and easy kill function for gunners and they dont need fp, i think after one flinch there should be at least a short cooldown.
Its just time to nerf gunners instead j/s.
Although I agree that it is time for a gunner adjustment, I also think Flinch should stay. Unlimited FP would make you unstoppable. So Lets start a bit smaller :p

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I was using the chain gun
oh give me a fucking break dude, you can't be this dense.

the chain gun is not representative of the Flinch experience. I absolutely agree that the chaingun rolls over (non-lightning) Sith because of Flinch. But almost every other gun is extremely defeatable even with Flinch, if you just get a good juke.

T r i s t a n

Banned
oh give me a fucking break dude, you can't be this dense.

the chain gun is not representative of the Flinch experience. I absolutely agree that the chaingun rolls over (non-lightning) Sith because of Flinch. But almost every other gun is extremely defeatable even with Flinch, if you just get a good juke.
Oh no?

What about the Clone Rifle 3? With Blobs? Shoots just as fast, AAAAaaand has blobs. You just contradicted your own argument by saying you agree that the chain gun slays flinch... Clone Rifle 3 is legit a re skin, with possible blobs...

You are the dense one...

Even if i hating on flinch the whole time, this is not the real reason why im so pissed.
Its more because since it was introduced, the other saberstyles became so useless.
I loved red before 1.4 and was better with it in killing gunners then with yellow, purple, blue or even cyan.
And now red is complete useless.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
You are the dense one...

...?? When I said "the chain gun," I was implicitly including both design variations of the CR3. Yes, a Conc CR3 is even better than a non-Conc CR3 against Sith. But even a non-Conc CR3 mows down Sith, thanks to Flinch.

Oh no?

What about the Clone Rifle 3? With Blobs? Shoots just as fast, AAAAaaand has blobs. You just contradicted your own argument by saying you agree that the chain gun slays flinch... Clone Rifle 3 is legit a re skin, with possible blobs...

You are the dense one...
What the hell are you even saying? I think you and your jedi friend should take a break from this thread.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Tristan, I DARE you to try to explain how you think I "contradicted my own argument." Seriously, I feel like you're just some kind of parrot that was trained to spout pleasant-sounding nonsense phrases loosely based on actual coherent thoughts. Can you string together anything coherent? It hasn't happened yet...

Like, you'll leap at a chance to say some kind of "gotcha" or some other "smart remark" but there's absolutely no thought or basis or coherence behind any of it. You're just flying along based entirely on gut with no wits.

T r i s t a n

Banned
Tristan, I DARE you to try to explain how you think I "contradicted my own argument."
You say Jedi/Sith need to be nerfed as they are too powerful against Gunners.
Then you agree/state that Gunners are VERY capable of "mowing down Jedi/Sith".
What?

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Alright, here's another "you can't be this dense."

I said that CR3 Clones are very capable of mowing down Sith.

A CR3 Clone is a gunner.

This DOES NOT IMPLY THAT ALL GUNNERS ARE CR3 CLONES.

this is basic logic.