Fix Groundstab delay -_-

Lee

I think it's time to address this 'feature' of saber combat.

Especially when groundstabbing from midair...i shouldnt land on my target and have him lookup confused to see my saber impaling him ....and for me to have time to type "you are already dead" in the chat.... And time enough for him to read it...time enough for him to fail to understand what the hell I'm talking about...and then finally...finally he dies having no clue what hit him cause the delay from the attack was so long.

In other words have the animation get to the point where the saber is plunged to its low level...then at that point anything it lands on should get hit instantly like any other saber attack would. Me doing it midair and landing on someone should look more like a mario style kill.

Eazy E

Banned
I think it's time to address this 'feature' of saber combat.

Especially when groundstabbing from midair...i shouldnt land on my target and have him lookup confused to see my saber impaling him ....and for me to have time to type "you are already dead" in the chat.... And time enough for him to read it...time enough for him to fail to understand what the hell I'm talking about...and then finally...finally he dies having no clue what hit him cause the delay from the attack was so long.

In other words have the animation get to the point where the saber is plunged to its low level...then at that point anything it lands on should get hit instantly like any other saber attack would. Me doing it midair and landing on someone should look more like a mario style kill.
I've seen this happen only a few times, your timing must be really off if it happens consistently. You should land on your opponent just as the animation ends and it should hit them instantly.

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
I use groundstabs a ton (don't ask) and this delay mainly happens while you downstab in midair without a high enough jump. This tends to happen when your hitbox hasn't activated yet but you land on their head, then finish the saber twirl and stab down and hit them. It's just cuz the downstab takes time to start up so if you don't jump very high it won't have time to get to the hitbox of the stab.

Lee

I use groundstabs a ton (don't ask) and this delay mainly happens while you downstab in midair without a high enough jump. This tends to happen when your hitbox hasn't activated yet but you land on their head, then finish the saber twirl and stab down and hit them. It's just cuz the downstab takes time to start up so if you don't jump very high it won't have time to get to the hitbox of the stab.
What is ur problem? The animation is explicit. Anyone who uses groundstab more than once can see where the animation stars and where it ends and where the hit it supposed to be. when u can exit the animation and it still has yet to land the hit thats a problem