•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] First time downloading the mod, the MBIILauncher.exe doesn't respond when i open it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title sums it up. I've looked at the installation guide but it specifies a .zip which is not the case, because you get an .exe with the download.
Any support would be appreciated :)

Lervish

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Do you have the .exe running in the background if you open Task Manager? If so, end the task and try re-running it. I noticed it took some time the past couple of days for the launcher to open up, which was presumably due to the heavy traffic on the servers. I had to wait good 5-10 seconds till it opened which was weird.

You can also navigate to your Jedi Academy/GameData/ folder and delete the MBII_Launcher folder if one exists. This will make the next run of the launcher .exe a fresh one.

Do you have the .exe running in the background if you open Task Manager? If so, end the task and try re-running it. I noticed it took some time the past couple of days for the launcher to open up, which was presumably due to the heavy traffic on the servers. I had to wait good 5-10 seconds till it opened which was weird.

You can also navigate to your Jedi Academy/GameData/ folder and delete the MBII_Launcher folder if one exists. This will make the next run of the launcher .exe a fresh one.

Didn't help, also there is no folder in my game data :c

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Try restarting your computer, there are occassional problems depending on the environment.

Also, I strongly recommend downloading via torrent or ModDB right now: Connection problems. There is a higher than usual number of people trying to download the mod so grabbing all the files via launcher is slow.

Yeah I've got it up and running, after downloading the outdated v1.3.1 zip from moddb and then updating it with the zip for v1.3.3 on these forums.
I have to say I'm extremely impressed with it so far :)

Status
Not open for further replies.