Firing Dual Pistols in First-Person

Kaj

I'm not sure if I'm the only person who experiences this, but when firing dual mando/arc pistols in First Person, I get weird lag between shots along with some screen flickering. I made a short demonstration video on an empty server as an example, but the flickers displayed are much more disruptive to gameplay on more populated servers.

The screen-lag is emphasized by the pistols themselves turning black and the HUD flickering slightly. I can't be the only one who experiences this, right?

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Actually, I had this problem as well, and it's the reason I'm currently not running Windows 10. I haven't experienced this in Windows 7 or 8.1 so far, but on Windows 10 it made playing ARC and Mando really unappealing.

Kaj

Actually, I had this problem as well, and it's the reason I'm currently not running Windows 10. I haven't experienced this in Windows 7 or 8.1 so far, but on Windows 10 it made playing ARC and Mando really unappealing.
Jokes on you, I'm playing on Windows 7. So uh, don't really know what to do about it.

Subaru

Not a car!
Donator
Have you tried updating your graphics drivers?

Kaj

I highly doubt that's the issue considering how old this game is. But my drivers are up to date.

Depending on when this started and possibly what graphics card you have you may consider reverting to an old driver. The newest nvidia drivers update for my 770 caused my fps in all games to be like 10 and basically it is just they didn't optimize it correctly. So idk when this issue started for you but if you can pin it to after a driver update just revert one update until a new one comes out

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Have you tried playing in Windowed mode? I play windowed with the borderless gaming app, don't have this problem. Sometimes older games can cause problems being in full screen.

Kaj

I do in fact play in windowed mode. And I've always had the issue, and I have a GTX 960. I personally don't think it's a driver issue.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Do you have Jedi Academy installed to a second hard drive or something? I recently reinstalled Windows 10 to test, and I don't have any of the same issues I normally have, but I also used to install Jedi Academy to my secondary hard drive, and didn't this time around.

I signed up just to say that I've been having this exact problem for a while too. I thought that I was the only one that was having it tbh, glad to see I'm not alone.

I'm on windows 10 and I -do- play in fullscreen, I'll mess around some more to see if there's any way I can fix it.