Farewell, Pepsi, old friend...

It is with the utmost grief and sadness that I have to let the MBII community know, that on 29th of August 2019 one of our well-known community members, Pepsi, has abruptly passed away.

The news is so unexpected to me, especially considering his young age, I can barely find the words for this post.

He was the one who created ad.ppl clan; he brought together many people, who would eventually become good friends even beyond MBII community.

He was the moving force behind many events this whole community knows, and I'm certain everybody (especially the older players) will agree, that without him our community wouldn't be the same.

He was intelligent, smart, energetic, kind, an exceptional leader and organizer.

We all shared many fun moments, and I can only bewail what is now never to repeat.
I was even toying with the idea of meeting him in person, should I happen to be at Odessa. Alas, this is never to be.

But no man knows how much time one really has. People are fragile creatures...
To me personally this serves as yet another reminder, that we all should be mindful of our time; live your lives to the fullest.

Farewell, Pepsi, our old friend. May you rest in peace.

Me and the dv8 guys played with and against him more times than we can count over the years and he always struck us as an incredibly kind, thoughtful person. He always tried to improve this community in any way he could. Very sad news indeed, rest in peace man.

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
Very sad to hear this, pepsi was always a nice guy to play with and against, he arranged some of the funnest games I've played of mb2. All the best to his friends and family.

My condolences to him and his family, I got to share some moments with him and they even confused us sometimes by the abbreviation of 'Pep', he was a nice guy and a well-known player within community.

Rest in peace, dear friend.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I happened to join discord randomly yesterday and right away I get a message from Shock and I could hardly believe it. He struck me as a genuinely nice guy and the PuG scene wouldn't be as alive as it is without him. I am glad I joined a pug organized by him couple weeks ago for I had not participated in them in a very long time. At least I had the chance to play and speak with him for one last time. I wish I got to know him better.

It is a great loss for this community. He shall be missed.

Lervish

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Terrible news. I got to play with and against Pepsi many times over the years and this is truly shocking. He was always a fair, smart and kind person to interact with, and a great, supportive player. He'll be dearly missed.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Absolutely gutted hearing about this. I've had the pleasure to play with him countless times. His passion for competing was always what stuck out to me the most. The mod has greatly benefited from that energy over the years. Knowing that we'll never play with him again hits me hard.

My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Thanks for the games, @Pepsi

I add my condolences on the loss of a key member of the community.

His efforts to keep competitive games alive had brought fun and everlasting interest into the mod for me. I am deeply grateful to him for that.

I wish to his close friends and family strength, and tenacity to keep his memory alive.

Mr Happy Fridge

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Very sad news, one of the most enthusiastic members of our community, glad i had the chance to play with him and share little moments with, like when i told him the name of that jazz song that he has never been able to find since he was a child.

My heart goes out to his relatives and close friends, may we all remember his kind soul.

I’m so sorry to hear. I personally haven’t had the pleasure to play with him much. My deepest condolences to his friends and family, as well as those hurting in the community. He will be dearly missed.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
God damn this sucks. Pepsi has been a member of the community for as long as I can remember. RIP.

Anyone who is in contact with his family please send me a PM with any more information they are comfortable with sharing so that I can add his name and any additional information to the memorial area of the tutorial.