•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Extremly slow download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it normal for the launcher to download at an average speed of 0.3 MB/sec? I mean, I don't think it's my internet connection's fault, because I can download games on other platforms such as steam just fine.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
A lot of people have been downloading the mod. A torrent of the latest build of MB2 has been uploaded, so that would be your best bet unless you intend to wait while the launcher downloads it at 0.3 mb/s. :p

Okay, so I downloaded the launcher in the GameData folder via torrent.. and I don't know what to do now, because if I open the MBIILauncher.exe and click the install button it's the same thing as before, downloading at 0.2-0.3 mb/sec, and if I open the mbii.x86.exe it says that it couldn't load mpdefault.cfg.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
There has been a surge of new players (like yourself) trying to download which is slowing things. You can't play unless you have all the files downloaded somehow. Please see here: Connection problem | Movie Battles II Community or here: Download | Movie Battles II Community

Edit: Please clear the launcher settings from the torrent (delete MBII_launcher folder), restart launcher, and pick your GameData folder when prompted for a path.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Ok, so I've managed to install the launcher manually, but when I try to open it, it says "Application load error 5:0000065434", also says that it's a steam error.
This error means you have installed JKA in different location than you have your steam client installation. Nothing we can do about it.
Please go in launcher to settings and change JAMP to MBII Client. It will solve the issue, but you won't be seen on steam as playing game. You can also move your installation to the steam client installation folder.

edit:
Don't launch games you have installed with steam by running exe. Use Launcher (if game has one, like ours) or use steam's client.
When start Multiplayer: application load error 5 0000065434 | Movie Battles II Community

Reactions: LoU
Status
Not open for further replies.