•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Empty server list / cannot join servers

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
....did you update the game?

If you are on 1.6 then the issue sounds like a network problem on your end (computer, router, or service provider). Nothing we can do to fix that. Something is blocking or misrouting UDP on the ports the game uses.

Yea i updated my game and it was working the day it released but i haven't been able to see any servers or connect to any server on the server lists. It's really weird and my firewall isn't blocking jamp or mbii at all. idk what to do lol

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
First thing I'd suggest is restarting stuff.

After that you could try enabling a VPN and see if the server list shows up. If it does that hints it's a router or ISP issue.

Hi,
I didn't want to create a new support request so I'll just add my problem here.
I'm having a very similar problem, except I either get no servers or only 1 shows up and I can't add any to my favourites, it just won't appear in the list. My connection is fine. What could be the problem?

Mac JKJALaunch + steam version of the game

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Hi,
I didn't want to create a new support request so I'll just add my problem here.
I'm having a very similar problem, except I either get no servers or only 1 shows up and I can't add any to my favourites, it just won't appear in the list. My connection is fine. What could be the problem?

Mac JKJALaunch + steam version of the game
Just because your Internet connection is functional doesn't mean the ports the game needs are being allowed.

What happens if you try manually connecting to a server via IP?

Just because your Internet connection is functional doesn't mean the ports the game needs are being allowed.

What happens if you try manually connecting to a server via IP?
Is there even a way of joining a server manually? I can manually add it into favourites by writing in the IP address but I don't see any option of joining it directly. If I add a server to favourites it doesn't appear in the list, as if I didn't do anything. Right now I can see both servers I seen yesterday as if it only recognised those two and can't find any others even if I try adding them to favourites, which is what I just tried - added a server IP to my favourites and nothing happened.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 11.28.04.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 11.28.04.png
    365.5 KB · Views: 217
I tried 3 different servers and the game crashed every time. Weird since I was able to play 1 server with a few people before I started having this problem. I saved that server to favourites thinking it was the only one I could access for some reason and it disappeared a day after.

The 2 out of 3 servers in my list that aren't password protected don't cause the game to crash.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 13.01.07.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 13.01.07.png
    323 KB · Views: 210
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 13.01.05.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 13.01.05.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 225
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 13.09.25.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 13.09.25.png
    392.7 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Same problem here. I've played for days after the new update, and this problem came up this morning. Tried manually inserting server IP's to my favourites, but still can't see them even in the favourites tab. Connecting through console commands gives me an infinite Awaiting request. Also tried using a VPN as Spaghetti suggested, still nothing.

edit: Just tried fiddling with VPN again and the server list worked. Then turned off VPN and the servest list still works. Lol

Last edited:
So I tried using a VPN as well, it didn't help in any way, but I noticed something in the console, it says it didn't load the majority of the servers due to a packet loss or high ping. How can I fix that?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 14.46.41.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 14.46.41.png
    452 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
So I tried using a VPN as well, it didn't help in any way, but I noticed something in the console, it says it didn't load the majority of the servers due to a packet loss or high ping. How can I fix that?
What are you doing?!
Are you even aware that Movie Battles has been updated to 1.6?!
There is old MBII interface on your screenshot, it isn't supposed to work, except with outdated servers that still running old version.

Stop fooling around, to go downloads page, get the new Movie Battles.
It's necessary to set broadsword to 0.
Mac users will also need a hotfix.

Here's how MBII version 1.6 user interface look like -- everything else is plain wrong:

2f002e634b4f.png

Last edited: