Duel Modpack v1.5! - Saber sounds, hilts, UI and more!

V1.4 - DOWNLOAD
V1.5 - DOWNLOAD

V1.5 Released
Discontinued.

Brief description of what is included in v1.4
1) New saber sounds for Kylo Ren's saber, and prequel saber sounds for all hilts.
2) New models including Finn, Kylo Ren, Rey and even a Jedi Wookiee + many more
3) New ui taken from WOTF
4) Slight change in saberFX
5) New hilts including Kotor saber, Nihilus saber, Revan (ToR) saber and many more!

V1.5
1) Couple new skin replacements
2) New saber sounds for multiple hilts.

This is a mod made with skins that people specifically from the community have asked for. Here is the in depth review of the mod of which shows what it consists of

Character replacements:
Sith stalker = Lord Stalker
Jerec = Darth Sion
Assaj = Darth Nihilus
Alora = Vestara khai
Barriss Offee = Jaina jedi
Mace Windu = Finn
Serraketo = Rey
Quinlan Vos = Jedi Temple Guard
Savage Opress = Hooded
Reborn twin = Starkiller(sith)
Shadowtrooper1 = Kylo Ren unhooded
Shadowtrooper2 = Kylo Ren hooded
Coleman trebor = EP3 Anakin - requested by Side and Anakin
Count Dooku = Sith Assassin
Revan = Kotor 1 Revan
Ki Adi Mundi = Chewbacca Jedi - As requested and given by Quinto
Palpatine = Darth bane
Malak = Exar Kun
Grievous = Sith Mandolorian

Hilt replacements:
Katarn = Starkiller hilt
Renegade = Malgus hilt
Stinger = Kotor hilt
Yun = Carrick hilt
Revan = (ToR) Revan hilt
+ more

Sound replacements:
Sounds are for their respective characters eg. finn uses lines from trailers for SW7
Kylo Ren saber sounds have been replaced to an actual font
Saber sound overhaul

UI
New UI taken from WOTF pack

Screenshots via Steam:
Steam Community :: Screenshot
More coming!

Installation:
  1. Download the .pk3 via the above link
  2. Place the .pk3 into your MBII directory which is through GameData>MBII>Placemodhere(where all other MBII Assets are)
  3. Play the game :D
Uninstallation:
Simply remove the .pk3 file

Expected version releases:
v2 - Before 2017

Note: I own none of the models I have simply added them into the game via taking them from JKHUB, however all sounds of Kylo's saber, Kylo ren himself, Rey and Finn have all be conducted by me via downloading parts of the movie and by using saber fonts.

Credits:
Perion
Foxi
Dark_apprentice - for models

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Phelps

Donator
So, did bit of testing myself. Kylo is really well done, sounds and model, all great.
Rey and Finn on the other hand, still have "pain" or "roll" sounds of the models they replace. Finn dies and quote from Mace Windu plays. With Kylo it plays to your cards that he replaces Revan, which has barely any sounds.
Rey has got one taunt that seems like it's cut badly, you can't hear what she says.
Anyway, thanks for the pack, sure will be using it.

Hey I don't know if it actually better but I do know it is more accurate. I found another version of the Rey model that isn't just a complete Padme reskin. It is a bit wonkyish looking but hey if you like it perhaps you could replace the current Rey model you are using in this pack?
http://jkhub.org/files/file/2617-rey/
Just noticed the other Rey model maker even claimed ^ is better xD
Okay just replaced it in myself and I have to say I like the modeling of this one way more but the facial texture is pretty ugly. So not sure on this one

So, did bit of testing myself. Kylo is really well done, sounds and model, all great.
Rey and Finn on the other hand, still have "pain" or "roll" sounds of the models they replace. Finn dies and quote from Mace Windu plays. With Kylo it plays to your cards that he replaces Revan, which has barely any sounds.
Rey has got one taunt that seems like it's cut badly, you can't hear what she says.
Anyway, thanks for the pack, sure will be using it.

Since it has been only a few weeks past Star Wars TFA's release there are limited resources availble sound and model wise as of yet, this should be solved in the near future where more content becomes available. Due to this many sounds are hard to obtain that are at all clear and those that are- are simply because they have a quieter background during the given trailer. Within time all these problems should be fixed but as of now i'm just working with what is available to me.

The only place i have managed to get the Rey + Finn sounds were from trailers, yet Kylo Ren having many leaked parts of the movie, of which i found this: Star_Wars_kylo_ren_medium.mp4

Last edited:
Okay so credit to RevanKnight for the model itself but damn the face was ugly
thumb-781dd53bea79332ca176926c5ac47f96-reyshead.jpg

The other option was to use what came with this pack in the first place...
6rSGZUs.png

fl0KItk.png

....and so I did some major retexturing to make it not look ugly. Here is the result

HepZtCc.jpg

JvemL3f.jpg

uaIZSr7.jpg

VtockfO.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, looks great man. Just tried them out, love the Rey, but I couldn't find Finn, just a robed Mace Windu - which looks great. Is Finn not under Jedi? Was also wondering if it has to be Windu that gets replaced with Finn, since there are only 2 black jedi in the game, Windu and that Chinstrap dude. So it'd be nice to bump that up to 3 lol.

Hey, looks great man. Just tried them out, love the Rey, but I couldn't find Finn, just a robed Mace Windu - which looks great. Is Finn not under Jedi? Was also wondering if it has to be Windu that gets replaced with Finn, since there are only 2 black jedi in the game, Windu and that Chinstrap dude. So it'd be nice to bump that up to 3 lol.

That's quite odd, finn should be there and definitely not a robed Mace Windu, all others with this mod atm say that Finn is currently there for them so this really confuzzles me thus not knowing exactly how to help you at this moment in time. Sorry about that

That's quite odd, finn should be there and definitely not a robed Mace Windu, all others with this mod atm say that Finn is currently there for them so this really confuzzles me thus not knowing exactly how to help you at this moment in time. Sorry about that

I'm an idiot, got it fixed now. Thx.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired

6rSGZUs.png

fl0KItk.png

....and so I did some major retexturing to make it not look ugly. Here is the result

HepZtCc.jpg

JvemL3f.jpg

uaIZSr7.jpg

VtockfO.jpg
Really good work! If no better Rey model pops up and RevanKnight gives us an okay, would this be okay to be distributed in MB2?

Really good work! If no better Rey model pops up and RevanKnight gives us an okay, would this be okay to be distributed in MB2?
Wow I didn't think I had done that good of a job! I would honestly be honored if you distributed it into MB2. Until then I'll make sure it is the best I can make it and get it uploaded so that it can be used. Thanks again!

Wow I didn't think I had done that good of a job! I would honestly be honored if you distributed it into MB2. Until then I'll make sure it is the best I can make it and get it uploaded so that it can be used. Thanks again!

GoodOl'Ben is absolutely right there, you have done a job that is nothing short of amazing, a wonderful new face for the best current model out there. Honestly truly remarkable, however you will need to ask RevanKnight before uploading it. Nevertheless Great job :D

6rSGZUs.png

fl0KItk.png

HepZtCc.jpg

JvemL3f.jpg

uaIZSr7.jpg

VtockfO.jpg
Nice reskin, but i still think that face is more Padme than Rey :)

Yeah maybe, but original Rey face is more similar to actor face, but im not saying it is good work :D
The main issue and why this props up is that without applying any sort of 'makeup' to the model it comes across as looking very bland and therefore like someone who has had bleach splashed on their face. So whenever I do the texturing I try my best to get some emphasis on the makeup which in turn makes it come across as padme. Doing some more work on it now to see if I can improve it in any way.

Edit: In addition they look really really alike. So whenever you compress it down to game-quality facial features they just kinda look the same xD

The main issue and why this props up is that without applying any sort of 'makeup' to the model it comes across as looking very bland and therefore like someone who has had bleach splashed on their face. So whenever I do the texturing I try my best to get some emphasis on the makeup which in turn makes it come across as padme. Doing some more work on it now to see if I can improve it in any way.

Edit: In addition they look really really alike. So whenever you compress it down to game-quality facial features they just kinda look the same xD
Keep in good work :) ... but i hope developers will use some new models and reskins too instead only adding force awakens characters :D

I'm going to go ahead and start another thread under this forum section so that we aren't cluttering Perion's area. I'll add the new V2 screenies over there that I just made.

Is it possible to use this Kylo Ren model in the base single player game, sounds and all? I have a decent one that I edited a bit, but this one..is much nicer, sounds and all. Also has a WAY better cape and hood than the one I'm currently using in single player.

It is but you will need to download the skin from jkhub which can be found by simply typing in Kylo Ren on the files area.

P.S: Mod will be edited again soon to replace both Palpatine's with new Kylo ren hooded and unhooded versions along with EP7 luke.

The latest version being 1.3 will force the game to crash in the event of dual Kylo Ren sabers being used, people such as Full Metal Jack use such a combination which has made mine and others game's to crash multiple times thus the hilt having to be removed.

Furthermore, the next version of the mod is taking so much time because i have spent the past week dedicated to the T.cultist modpack.

Last edited: