Droideka is a pain to counter as a gunner

Droidekas are quite easy to handle as a jedi/sith but as gunner I feel they're too powerful, even as a ARC trooper with a pulse nade you're often not able to get close enough to shoot the nade or toss it in a way that it'll hit the droideka before it's weird goo shots kill you almost immediately, with any other weapon you have no hopes of bringing down its shield long enough to do some real damage especially when it can walk into cover and recharge it's shield. Also with their extreme firepower they're given a ridiculous amount of mobility allowing them to roll behind the enemy team and shoot them all in the back and then roll back to the safety of their own team before the jedi/sith can get a swing off I know a lot of responses are just going to be use clone ion blobs(which absolutely won't work and you'll be shot before you get a shot off) or use arc pulse grenades which are limited in ammo against an enemy with unlimited shield so long as a saber doesn't come in contact with it.

Also the damage they do is ridiculous and extremely inconsistent, I understand it's trying to be true to the movies but sometimes they can just outright instakill you

to put the damage in perspective, a deka can be constantly shooting you and as an ET with level 2 a280 you deal about 30 damage per shot, even if you were to use a burst which fires 5 shots that's 150 damage. A deka with maximum shield would have 700 shield and then additional health underneath that. You would need to fire 20 shots or 4 bursts just to deal 600 damage. and five bursts to deal 750 to destroy the shield and do some health damage. This is multiple reloads for the a280 and in that time the deka can recharge it's shield or roll up and run away. If you don't get five bursts off before the deka escapes or regenerates its shield all that ammo will have been wasted for nothing. A projectile rifle does 100 damage now so you'd need to fire 7 proj shots to take down the shield and the delay between those are even worse. p3 deals 40 damage and the charged shots bring it up to 60, regardless there's absolutely no way to beat a deka in a one-on-one gunfight without a pulse grenade hard counter and if you're out of pulse grenades you've lost.

Suggestions for nerfing the droideka(use only some and not all of these)
1. giving blasters a multiplier against the droidekas shield so they don't have to do 700 points of damage that the droideka can regenerate in seconds
2. adding a longer delay before the droideka can actually roll away to prevent yakety sax situation and force dekas to actually dedicate to their position when they unfold
3. lower the max shield health or make it take much longer to recharge

a deka can easily lockdown the corner
A jedi can just run through the shots. An ET can dodge through the shots. A clone can tank a few shots and blob it. A hero can dodge through the shots. An ARC can jump over the shots and EMP it. Only 2 reb classes are screwed in this situation - sold and wook, but even then they can just wait for an opening and attack.

A jedi can just run through the shots. An ET can dodge through the shots. A clone can tank a few shots and blob it. A hero can dodge through the shots. An ARC can jump over the shots and EMP it. Only 2 reb classes are screwed in this situation - sold and wook, but even then they can just wait for an opening and attack.
I already said it was easy to handle as a jedi, and an ARC is really the only solid counter. ET will have to play a game of peek-a-boo while they're exploiting dodge and still need to unload 30+ shots to just bring down the shield, hero and clone both have the same issue and the ion blob doesn't stun the deka long enough for you to kill it on your own as a clone unless you have cr3 even fully charged ions aren't enough

ET will have to play a game of peek-a-boo while they're exploiting dodge
Yes, because ET is a 2-life class and shouldn't just straight away kill a 1-life deka.
Hero can use dodge and movespeed combined with cover/corners to get close to the deka and run around it, at which point deka is probably fucked.
unless you have cr3
Mhm, seems fair to me. 2-life clone isn't a match for a 1-life droideka, but a 1-life clone is. What's wrong with that exactly?

I already said it was easy to handle as a jedi, and an ARC is really the only solid counter. ET will have to play a game of peek-a-boo while they're exploiting dodge and still need to unload 30+ shots to just bring down the shield, hero and clone both have the same issue and the ion blob doesn't stun the deka long enough for you to kill it on your own as a clone unless you have cr3 even fully charged ions aren't enough

ions doesn't have to stun deka long enough for you to kill it. A 2 life class essentially facerolling a 1 life class. this guy...

Last edited:
An ET absolutely does not have to peekaboo if they took dodge. It's just a matter of finding the right tempo to strafe left to right and back for the enemy deka's turn rate and range. If they're far away, they're not gonna hit you, if they're in your face, it'll take them a moment but they'll probably maul you pretty good.

the canonical answer is grenades in cannon... but i have not played against any droidicas yet to know if that works.