•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Dismemberment Issue

D

Deleted member 449

Some time ago,I remember that if you sliced open someone with a saber, the internals (for example: like the exposed part of a cut off arm) would be this high-res red. This felt pretty cool (to me at least). Then, MBII updates. These red internals switch to shitty, low-res, default orange-grey dismemberment internals. Until a few days ago, I thought this was some developer decision thing and no one had a clue as to a thing I was talking about. I watched my friend play MBII a few days ago and found out that these red internals are still in but not on my game! So, how do I fix this? I'm using JAMP with Steam.

shot0000.jpg

D

Deleted member 449

@Chaos I checked all my settings, all set to maximum.
@Puppytine I already have that set to full body and I have no clue as to how to reset my config. If you mean repair installation, I tried that.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
have no clue as to how to reset my config. If you mean repair installation, I tried that.
No.
Copy these files to some unrelated to JA location:

"Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\jampconfig.cfg"
"Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\openjk.cfg"
"My Documents\My Games\OpenJK\MBII\openjk.cfg"

Then launch MBII.
You will find that all your settings (nick, controls, network...) are reseted to default.
Just join some server, see if dismemberment is looking better now.
If it's not, set graphics to max, check dismemberment once again.

You can restore your settings by moving files back to their folders.

D

Deleted member 449

Unfortunately, that solution did not work. I fully reinstalled the game and MBII. No changes. I'm curious as to what causes this.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Maybe it's one of the enhanced effects. Try setting that to high? Make sure all of your visual options are to the highest