k4far

Banned
Donator
Accesible from the console,
We would have a sporadical pop-up in the left top corner (echo) showing first few people with most impressive:
  • time spent,
  • kills,
  • umm... accuracy,
  • anything of significance.
It would work only on the official Servers, for obvious reasons.

There should also be a fast command "/hiscores" to take a quick look. (You should know it if You have ever played Lugormod.)

The special thing about it would be the possibility of first few people? To set their own short message next to the score and name (a Clan/Group advertisment or a greeting You are good person after all just the hobby - shooting and slicing things up, haha). That would motivate me to try a bit harder with various things as it is now I am playing for plain laugher. Being able to do something others can not is a pretty good reward.

Someone will probably say, but what if they set some curses in it, so what? This game is about killing in the first place - It could result in the reset or some other panality, definitely possible to work it out somehow.

How about that ?

Last edited:
M

Mooch

I don't see why this wouldn't be something really cool to do. Gives a chance for some ego scorers to really gloat. Also gives a incentive for some players to try to be at the top or be the best. Even might be able to make the game more competitive as well.

I don't really think it is needed, because it wouldn't be accurate anyway. Just imagine some players, who are willing to go to spectate in half the round or reconnect just so they don't die when you knock them down to pit, etc.
I even remember some players from previous versions, who had the /reconnect command binded and when for example a jedi knocked them down and was slashing his saber to get the kill, they used the bind to reconnect.
The roster would be basically a mix of some good players, who everyone in this community knows anyway, and score-hunters who are willing to "cheat" the game so they can preserve their good scores.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
Just imagine some players, who are willing to go to spectate in half the round or reconnect just so they don't die when you knock them down to pit, etc.
I even remember some players from previous versions, who had the /reconnect command binded and when for example a jedi knocked them down and was slashing his saber to get the kill, they used the bind to reconnect.
This is the main reason why some sort of leaderboard would be a terrible idea for MB2. It wouldn't encourage teamwork, it would encourage people to do dumb shit like this. Some people already reconnect or spectate to avoid a death. Some people run away if they're losing and hide until the enemy team completes the objective just to avoid a death. A leaderboard would just encourage this garbage behavior.

Sort of offtopic: Deaths for people still alive on the team that lost by objective/time should never have been removed.

a number based system will never track your actual measure of skill

scorewhoring and actually being good are two drastically different things

Last edited:

k4far

Banned
Donator
How can we have a leaderboard without some of us running for lives?
Running was always a part of this game, escaping to spectators as well. Be it for no reason.

1 of 10 players will /reconnect to avoid death, one of 3 will jump in to a hole instead of giving You a kill, so what. Obstacles are for to You jump over, unless, You are only good in Your little controlled environment.

Last edited:
Team games should never track individual scores outside of total score, assists, objectives taken, etc. The mantra for MB2 should very much be that individuals succeed when the team succeeds.

I'm all for tracking support-teamwork oriented stats though, such as shots deflected/tanked that would have hit a team mate, kill assist & kill save (killing someone who has hit a team mate below 30% hp in the last 30 seconds or whatever) and such would be more than fair play.

How can we have a leaderboard without some of us running for lives?
Running was always a part of this game, escaping to spectators as well. Be it for no reason.
cool

let's not give people a valid reason to be little babies about dying

the only thing i ever see 50% of players do is sit at long camping out with a sniper rifle so i'd rather not give such a pussified playstyle an actual valid reason to exist

i don't need to see people saying dumb shit like "i'm #3 on global score stfu n00b" when we already have people saying dumb shit like "i've been here for six years" and they're still mediocre in every way and also wrong.

I'll remain a bit offtopic with SWGeek.
Sort of offtopic: Deaths for people still alive on the team that lost by objective/time should never have been removed.
I agree with you. I was told that since they removed "total death count" for classes with multiple lives (e.g. sold with 3 lives loses 2 in one round, and 1 life in next round - this add 1 death point to his score because he died 3 times), they removed giving death point when you reconnect or go to spectate as well.
I was always voicing my opinion that there should be no "total death count", but the death penalty for reconnect or spectate makes no sense to me to this day.

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I'll remain a bit offtopic with SWGeek.
"Sort of offtopic: Deaths for people still alive on the team that lost by objective/time should never have been removed."
I agree with you. I was told that since they removed "total death count" for classes with multiple lives (e.g. sold with 3 lives loses 2 in one round, and 1 life in next round - this add 1 death point to his score because he died 3 times), they removed giving death point when you reconnect or go to spectate as well.
I was always voicing my opinion that there should be no "total death count", but the death penalty for reconnect or spectate makes no sense to me to this day.

Yeah, I wanted it back as well.

Also, my idea was to implement tracking system on official servers with leaderboard here on forums with graphic stats signature. Of course /reconnect would be +1 death

k4far

Banned
Donator
CC-1119 "Appo' said it should track only team play related statistics.

Then definitely assists, - assists are currently being looked down upon.
I am not sure game can keep track of everything like class used based on the classes of other players from the same team, if that is possible then why not highlight people adjusting their classes so others can play more freely.

Last edited: