•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Crashing when joining server

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes I am on a mac. I was able to successfully join servers for my first 2 days with the mod, but yesterday I tried to join a server and all of sudden it wouldn't work. I did not change anything, it just crashed out of nowhere.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 10.47.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 10.47.09 AM.png
    527.4 KB · Views: 319

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Should be also some crash info text file? Stack trace? I see button "Report" on your shot, if there's some actual report you'd better upload it as well.
After that, we would have to wait somebody who has a mac and can post helpful replies.

... But meanwhile, let's try all possibilities:
I was able to successfully join servers for my first 2 days with the mod, but yesterday I tried to join a server and all of sudden it wouldn't work. I did not change anything, it just crashed out of nowhere.
But if it was working and now it's not, that mean something was changed and to solve the case it's need to find out what is new.

First of all, did you try different servers? Officials, open and FA, should be tried, at least.
Maybe you've changed some settings in game? Or installed some new software, drivers, etc? What's happened between last successful launch and first unsuccessful?
Try to move file GameData\MBII\jampconfig.cfg (or whatever it's called on mac) to some other folder, this will reset your settings to default, then run game again.

If nothing will help and there will be no other advices, I guess reinstall would be the only option...

thanks for your help puppytime, i appreciate it. So I went to setup and reset all settings to default. After that I joined a server successfully! If it stops working again I guess ill just do that or use some of your other suggestions. thanks

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
thanks for your help puppytime, i appreciate it. So I went to setup and reset all settings to default. After that I joined a server successfully! If it stops working again I guess ill just do that or use some of your other suggestions. thanks
Btw some additional info, maybe it will be useful:

Unexplained Mac client crashing
Disable EAX in your sound options, it may solve any unexplained crashing problems.

Took it from here:
[Guide] Installing Movie Battles II & Troubleshooting Guide | Movie Battles II Community by @Supa

Status
Not open for further replies.