•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Need help on Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I am trying to get this mod on my Mac. I own a steam version of JA. I have followed the instructions on parker101200's thread, yet when I go to the setup option in MP the mod doesn't show up. If it helps I can provide screenshots of my content and base folders. I would really appreciate if someone could walk me through step by step what I should do and where I went wrong. Also, if someone could show me exactly what my folders should look like that would be great because I'm eager to play this mod!

Tanks for the reply, but the instructions are unclear. Here are picture of my files though, please tell me if these are what they should look like.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 11.55.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 11.55.50 AM.png
    399.6 KB · Views: 273
  • Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 11.56.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 11.56.38 AM.png
    417.1 KB · Views: 266
  • Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 11.56.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 11.56.54 AM.png
    427.8 KB · Views: 300

kikili

Movie Battles II Team
  1. remove Z_MB_Base _asset from base folder
  2. Why the hell there is an other MBII folder in your MBII folder ???
    Put all the file in the same MBII folder
  3. move that MBII folder out of folder mb2-v1-3-1 and put it in ~/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy
  4. use JKJA launcher with setting it to launch with : +set fs_game "MBII" (to setup jkja launcher open it with shft key down)

The MBII folder inside the other MBII folder is from the "V1.3.1_V1.3.2_Upgrade" file. Do I need that? Should I remove it? Also, do I only need the files from mb2-v1-3-1 MBII folder and nothing else? Sorry i'm a bit confused...

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
The MBII folder inside the other MBII folder is from the "V1.3.1_V1.3.2_Upgrade" file. Do I need that? Should I remove it? Also, do I only need the files from mb2-v1-3-1 MBII folder and nothing else? Sorry i'm a bit confused...
You need both. Files from V1.3.1_V1.3.2_Upgrade should overwrite those from mb2-v1-3-1.
So you put MBII folder of mb2-v1-3-1 to ~/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy as @kikili wrote, then move files out V1.3.1_V1.3.2_Upgrade to ~/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy/MBII, click "yes" to any overwrite warnings.

You need both. Files from V1.3.1_V1.3.2_Upgrade should overwrite those from mb2-v1-3-1.
So you put MBII folder of mb2-v1-3-1 to ~/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy as @kikili wrote, then move files out V1.3.1_V1.3.2_Upgrade to ~/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy/MBII, click "yes" to any overwrite warnings.
ok so do I move ALL files from the upgrade file (not just the MBII folder) into the contents folder?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
ok so do I move ALL files from the upgrade file (not just the MBII folder) into the contents folder?
I guess you no need files from root V1.3.1_V1.3.2_Upgrade, you need only MBII folder.
But you must ensure that MBII from V1.3.1_V1.3.2_Upgrade will overwrite MBII from mb2-v1-3-1, not vice versa.

All of the files from the upgrade file have overwritten the mb2-v1-3-1 files. these files are located in the contents folder. the mod is stilll not showing up in setup when i launch the game

There are alot of files, not very organized but here they are

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 1.54.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 1.54.38 PM.png
    883.1 KB · Views: 255
  • Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 1.54.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 1.54.58 PM.png
    917 KB · Views: 282

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
There are alot of files, not very organized but here they are
Wrong. You had to move contest of mb2-v1-3-1 (MBII folder and some files) to "Contents", then move files from V1.3.1_V1.3.2_Upgrade\MBII to "Contents\MBII". But now files those should be in "Contents\MBII" are just in "Contents"...

Ok. I'm going to delete all the files and redowload them because they're not organized and I don't know what goes where. Once I have everything organized again I will follow your instructions. Thanks

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Ok. I'm going to delete all the files and redowload them because they're not organized and I don't know what goes where. Once I have everything organized again I will follow your instructions. Thanks
But don't have zip files already on you hard drive? Why to download them again? I think you just have to remove everything from "Contents", except for those:
base
info.plist
MacOS
PkgInfo
Resources
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
installscript_osx.vdf

Then unzip files in the way I've described above, so you will have few additional files in "Contents" and one additional folder, "MBII".

kikili

Movie Battles II Team
wow.
Don't put MBII folder in that content folder, when you have cleaned your jka application folder.
Put MBII folder in ~/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy (because you use steam version)

If you don't know what "~" mean : it's your home folder, usually /Users/login_name
To go to that folder you can either click on the "Go" menu gf the finder while have alt key down
or open a terminal and type at the prompt :
Code:
open ~/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy

Good news! I have gotten the mod to load! here are my folders. How can I play on servers? Also, is there a way I can play against bots? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-27 at 11.54.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-27 at 11.54.37 AM.png
    314.4 KB · Views: 280

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
How can I play on servers?
In main menu: Play => Join => set Source: Internet. If everything is ok you'll see a list of servers. Double-click on some server (or select one and then click Join).

Or pick some server here:
Movie Battles II Server List
Copy ip: port, launch MB2, open console by pressing Shift + ~ (aka Shift + `), type:
/connect ip: port
Also, is there a way I can play against bots?
AFAIK there are no bots.

65345f5c8ad3.png

d39ebcdd8a21.png

5ead7a47ea21.png

Last edited:

kikili

Movie Battles II Team
Move out that MBII folder from inside JKA application and put it where I told you (in your Application Support of your home library inside the Jedi Academy folder) , that"s cleaner.
It will loaded as well and you won't be disturb by any updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.