•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Crashing upon joining any server?

handle 1: music/ThemeMusicB19.mp3
----------------------
144080 files in pk3 files
Loading dll file ui.
Failed to load dll, looking for qvm.
Loading vm file vm/ui.qvm.
Failed.
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
VM_Create on UI failed

This is the error im getting

It's already answered here: Windows technical FAQ/troubleshooting guide
See "Issue: Game stops working with message "VM_Create on UI Failed"."
Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

It's already answered here: Windows technical FAQ/troubleshooting guide
See "Issue: Game stops working with message "VM_Create on UI Failed"."
So apparently as long as Discord is on i still get that error even though i did all of the suggested fixes for it.You could add it to your common problems solved or i dont know.As long as you dont have it on while joining a server you are good, if i want to use it i have to turn it off start mb2 join a server then alt+tab out of it and start discord.

Last edited by a moderator:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
So apparently as long as Discord is on i still get that error even though i did all of the suggested fixes for it.You could add it to your common problems solved or i dont know.As long as you dont have it on while joining a server you are good, if i want to use it i have to turn it off start mb2 join a server then alt+tab out of it and start discord.
Are you telling me that you that error was persistent while you was having Discord client (I assume you have a Discord software rather than open Discord site in browser) running, and when you shut down Discord, error disappeared and were able to join servers normally? am I right?

Surely I can add it to FAQ, but it also sounds kinda strange, since a lot of people use Discord these days, but none of them has reported similar issues yet.

Are you telling me that you that error was persistent while you was having Discord client (I assume you have a Discord software rather than open Discord site in browser) running, and when you shut down Discord, error disappeared and were able to join servers normally? am I right?

Surely I can add it to FAQ, but it also sounds kinda strange, since a lot of people use Discord these days, but none of them has reported similar issues yet.

Yes thats what i mean.I use the Discord program on Windows 7 64 bit not the browser thing. I wouldnt say persistent error, its like 100% chances of getting that error,the only way i can play is launching movie battles first and then discord.And when using the overlay its sort of buggy,my character keeps spinning like i have some sort of spin hack xD i wouldnt say its a big problem just letting you know theres that too.

Last edited:

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
could be placebo. I get no issues with Discord. Does Discord have a in game overlay im not aware of? That could be causing it. MB dont like overlays

I would double check this if you haven't.

After like 2 weeks of experimenting i can conclude this debate:

A) Discord's Overlay DOES NOT WORK WITH MB2 unless you want to do the fix at the next point;

B)If you really want Discord's Overlay in MB2 follow these steps:
1. Close the Discord app (close it dont minimize it);
2. Start MB2 and join the server you want to play on;
3. Tab out of MB2 and open Discord;
4. Tab in back in MB2 and wait for the Discord Overlay to appear, if it doesnt the first time tab in and out a couple of times and try to use the designated keyboard command to pop up the overlay. When you do its pretty broken, your character will aim down and spin pretty fast mouse doesnt seem to work that well.

I personally use this cause i dont really like the Detect Talk option of Discord and i prefer Press-To-Talk.

This sort of fix has the major flaw: whenever you want to switch the server the game WILL crash. I dont really know how to fix this so yeah.Sometimes it even crashes when the server you are on changes map.