Controls setup

Hi, everyone! :)

I've been playing some MBII recently and I'm not satisfied with how I've bound my controls.
I know controls are based on personal preference, but I could use some advice on how to make my most used controls more accessible.

If you have some spare time, please post you control scheme. You can screenshot it or you can write it here.

I'd like to know how you've setup the following:

Interaction:
1.) Saber Style (Weapon Mode)
2.) Use

Weapons:
3.) Blaster Rifle
4.) Throwable Weapons
5.) Next Weapon
6.) Previous Weapon
7.) Reload

MovieBattles:
8.) Class Special 1
9.) Class Special 2

Force Powers:
10.) Next Force Power
11.) Previous Force Power
12.) Use Force Power

Other:
13.) Taunts :p

Thanks for helping me out! :)

I've been playing for a few years now but i'm still shit, fuck it i'll share mine.

Interaction:
Saber style - L
Use - Capslock and Enter

Weapons: ( I use my mouse scroll so these don't matter to me)
Reload - R

Movie Battles:
Class Special 1 - Z
Class Special 2 - Q

Force powers :
Use next - E
Use power - F

Taunts:
Just make sure meditate is set to a reachable key, the rest is up to you.

Here's my setup:

reload - r
use - e
nades - q (super nice for soldier and other nade classes)
Melee - 1 (default, quite useful)
(default setup for weapon class on the numbers and I mostly use my mouse rolled to switch)

Switch saber style - click-mouse roller

meditate - g
taunt - h
class special 1 - c
class special 2 - v
Use current force power - b (mostly for sense)
next force power - x

I don't use various force powers but if you plan to rebinding the top numbers would be the optimal way to assign specific force powers.

Edit:

Voice commands - z

Edit2:

I have 2 mouse buttons on the left of my left trigger
Push - front secondary mouse button
pull - back secondary mouse button

Yes this explains why I set other forces to b since I already have push and pull on a set binding instead of switching.

Last edited:

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
1.) Saber Style - Mouse Wheel click; Weapon Mode is on V (from before it was merged into the same control)
2.) Use - Front left-side mouse button

Weapons:
All on scroll wheel (if I have a lot of weapons, I just hit 1 for melee/saber and then go from there since I know the relative offsets for each weapon from there)
7.) Reload - R

MovieBattles:
8.) Class Special 1 - Z
9.) Class Special 2 - X

Force Powers:
All of my powers are explicitly bound:
Push - Q
Pull - E
Speed - F3
Sense - F4
Grip/MT - Front right-side mouse button (one bind to do both depending on class)
Lightning - Back right-side mouse button

Other:
First person - Back left-side mouse button

Taunts/Vchat are all explicitly bound to everything else on my keyboard, basically.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
oh boy here's mine

Movement: RDFG
Weapon switch keys:
- Melee: Y
- Pistol: T
- E-11: 5
- Big guns: 6
- Snipers: 4
- Grenade: E
- Rocket Launcher: W
- Bowcaster: 3

Jump: N
Use: B (and A, for short hops with Jedi)
Mode/Style Switch: V
Reload: Spacebar
Walk: S
Crouch: X
Backup "Next Weapon" key for canceling melee moves when playing a melee-only character: Z

Note how none of the keys listed above are more than 2 steps away from my movement keys, so everything's within easy reach. That's why I use RDFG instead of WASD. More keys available on the left side.

Force powers and Class Specials: Various buttons all over my Roccat Tyon, all comfortably placed for ez use

If you don't wanna shell out for a Tyon you could also double-bind guns with force powers, as long as you never play a Full Authentic map that has a character with Force+Guns. Either way I strongly recommend having individual buttons for each gun / power, you should never have to scroll through your weapons / powers.

Other less important keys (which I hit with my right hand, taking it off the mouse for a moment)
Page Up: Taunt
Page Down: Bow
Home: Meditate
Insert: Flourish
End: Gloat

Right Arrow: Voice chat menu (I hit the right arrow with my right thumb and then tap out any voice chat I want on the numpad.) (Makes it easy to get any voice chat I want with equal speed while strafing freely, but I can't turn/attack for a moment.)

Scroll Up: First Person
Scroll Down: Third person

Last edited:
oh boy here's mine

Movement: RDFG
Weapon switch keys:
- Melee: Y
- Pistol: T
- E-11: 5
- Big guns: 6
- Snipers: 4
- Grenade: E
- Rocket Launcher: W
- Bowcaster: 3

Jump: N
Use: B (and A, for short hops with Jedi)
Mode/Style Switch: V
Reload: Spacebar
Walk: S
Crouch: X
Backup "Next Weapon" key for canceling melee moves when playing a melee-only character: Z

Note how none of the keys listed above are more than 2 steps away from my movement keys, so everything's within easy reach. That's why I use RDFG instead of WASD. More keys available on the left side.

Force powers and Class Specials: Various buttons all over my Roccat Tyon, all comfortably placed for ez use

If you don't wanna shell out for a Tyon you could also double-bind guns with force powers, as long as you never play a Full Authentic map that has a character with Force+Guns. Either way I strongly recommend having individual buttons for each gun / power, you should never have to scroll through your weapons / powers.
How did you come up with this insane set?

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
How did you come up with this insane set?
I wanted to be able to reach any gun or force power or perform any maneuver (including short hops and other "hold use" things) quickly and comfortably, so I designed around that. It's really not insane at all, it's only got a few real differences with a standard set, namely everything is transposed to the right 2 keys and jump isn't on spacebar. :p
(And weapons are "wrapped" around the top of your hand instead of stretching off to the right.)
(And reload is a thumb key cuz I've always preferred reload as a thumb key so I can reload without upsetting my strafing movement. Reloading frequently is important and way easier if it doesn't hamper your movement.)

The one "glaring flaw" is that I can't be strafing in whatever direction I want while also switching to whatever gun I want. :p

Seriously though put your left hand on RDFG and then consider where I put each other key and you should find that it's fairly logical and everything's in easy reach. It's just unfamiliar.

edit: Oh right, another element I forgot.

Scroll Up: First Person
Scroll Down: Third person
Cuz switching between those easily is also super important, and it suits the scroll wheel well, motion-wise.

Last edited:
1.) Saber Style - Mouse Wheel click; Weapon Mode is on V (from before it was merged into the same control)
2.) Use - Front left-side mouse button

Weapons:
All on scroll wheel (if I have a lot of weapons, I just hit 1 for melee/saber and then go from there since I know the relative offsets for each weapon from there)
7.) Reload - R

MovieBattles:
8.) Class Special 1 - Z
9.) Class Special 2 - X

Force Powers:
All of my powers are explicitly bound:
Push - Q
Pull - E
Speed - F3
Sense - F4
Grip/MT - Front right-side mouse button (one bind to do both depending on class)
Lightning - Back right-side mouse button

Other:
First person - Back left-side mouse button

Taunts/Vchat are all explicitly bound to everything else on my keyboard, basically.
I forgot about my mouse force bindings, wouldn't it make more sense for you to swap grip with push and lightning with pull? Maybe that's just my ocd.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
I forgot about my mouse force bindings, wouldn't it make more sense for you to swap grip with push and lightning with pull? Maybe that's just my ocd.
I don't always have grip/lightning/MT. I keep utility controls on the sides of my mouse while keeping the more on-demand stuff more easily accessible near WASD.

I have the shittiest setup but I've had it 9 years now and it's too late to change

Reload - O
Class Special 1 - 0
Class Special 2 - 9
Use - R
Taunts - E, 2 and 3
Scrolling through Force Powers - Q
Use Force Power - F

I have the shittiest setup but I've had it 9 years now and it's too late to change

Reload - O
Class Special 1 - 0
Class Special 2 - 9
Use - R
Taunts - E, 2 and 3
Scrolling through Force Powers - Q
Use Force Power - F
Reload is so far away..... why?

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
^ The class specials are insanely far away too lol, do you have to stand completely still to reload or use any abilities?

I actually use a very different setup than others. Its easier for me

Interaction:
1.) Saber Style (Weapon Mode): Mouse3/Scrollwheel click
2.) Use: E

Weapons:
(I actually use scroll up and scroll down, makes it more versatile and easier.)
Reload: R
Melee: Mouse 5. I use a gaming mouse, so for me to quickly swap to melee for certain purposes, I just click with my thumb.

MovieBattles:
8.) Class Special 1: 2
9.) Class Special 2: 3

Force Powers:
1.) Force Push: 5
2.) Force Pull: 4
3.) Force Speed: H
4.) Force Grip: G
5.) Force Lightning: Q
6.) Force Sense: F
7.) Mind Trick: X
8.) Destruction (FA only): Z

Other:
Taunt: 7
Gloat: 8
Flourish: 9
Bow: T
Meditate: 0
Team Chat: Y
Chat: ENTER

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I actually use a very different setup than others. Its easier for me

Interaction:
1.) Saber Style (Weapon Mode): Mouse3/Scrollwheel click
2.) Use: E

Weapons:
(I actually use scroll up and scroll down, makes it more versatile and easier.)
Reload: R
Melee: Mouse 5. I use a gaming mouse, so for me to quickly swap to melee for certain purposes, I just click with my thumb.

MovieBattles:
8.) Class Special 1: 2
9.) Class Special 2: 3

Force Powers:
1.) Force Push: 5
2.) Force Pull: 4
3.) Force Speed: H
4.) Force Grip: G
5.) Force Lightning: Q
6.) Force Sense: F
7.) Mind Trick: X
8.) Destruction (FA only): Z

Other:
Taunt: 7
Gloat: 8
Flourish: 9
Bow: T
Meditate: 0
Team Chat: Y
Chat: ENTER
Seems like a really reasonable Jedi/Sith-only control scheme. If you ever wanna expand into gunner, learn how to double bind all those force keys to guns. :p

I use my thumb

Yeah it's probably holding me back from being a better player

How does your thumb even get over there, do you move your hand completely off the movement keys or...

Is this you?

a08.jpg

Seems like a really reasonable Jedi/Sith-only control scheme. If you ever wanna expand into gunner, learn how to double bind all those force keys to guns. :p

Funny because I actually prefer gunner. Most of the time I run force whore, but my loadout works just fine for gunner if you're good with the scrollwheel.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Funny because I actually prefer gunner. Most of the time I run force whore, but my loadout works just fine for gunner if you're good with the scrollwheel.
eh but if you have a number of weapons then it's nicer to have everything bound to a simple button press (the way you have Melee bound), that way you can easily switch in and out of Melee, or easily switch from a spraygun to a precision gun (pistol) for situational stuff, or easily switch to grenade from melee or gun. I mean, I do bet that scroll wheel can be learned to a high level but I think gunbuttons are better.

if you did wanna try double binding I think it's just like... bind x "[force push cmd]; [weapon cmd];"

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
i main gunner and i use scroll wheel just fine.