{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I feel as though Clone is too gimmicky, and currently has nothing to do with the actual movie/series Clones in playstyle/usefulness. This rework I believe would make Clone a versatile class that is not stronger than the 2 live counterparts ET/Com, but simply more adaptable. The ability to be a mobile assault class, a mid ranged support, or a long ranged engagement class would be rather interesting, I think, and make Clone infinitely more enjoyable.

- - - Clone - - -

- Weapons
* * Pistol
Description: Same as current.

* * DC-15s
Levels: 1, 2, 3
Cost: 6-7-8
Description: Reskin of E-11

* * DC-15a
Cost: 8-18-24
Description: The long clone rifle, for accurate long-ranged engagements. Slow fire rate, high damage, high accuracy.
Stats:
- Level 1
Damage: 30
Accuracy: Only when standing still, crouched, or walking
- Level 2
Damage: 33
Accuracy: Always accurate
Adds Scope
- Level 3
Primary Damage: 35
Secondary: Charge shot, starting at 30, reaching maximum 100
Accuracy: Always accurate, charge shot only accurate while walking

* * Minigun
Levels: 1, 2
Cost: 20-30
Description: The current minigun, with some tweaks
Stats:
- Level 1
Primary Damage: 20
Accuracy: Always inaccurate, more inaccurate the longer it fires.
Rate of Fire: Current CR2
- Level 2
Primary Damage: 20
Accuracy: Always inaccurate, more inaccurate the longer it fires.
Rate of Fire: CR3
_________
- Abilities

* * Sprint
Cost: 0-6-12
Description: Allows the Clone to sprint *forward* only until his stamina runs out, while sprinting the clone fires inaccurately.
Stats:
- Level 1
The Clone can sprint for short distances at a time
- Level 2
The Clone can sprint for long distances at a time
- Level 3
The Clone can sprint forever, and can use crouch to cancel out of sprint with a roll in any direction.

* * Bash
Cost: 0-8-14
Description: Allows the Clone to bash a target with his rifle-stock, extremely short range.
Stats:
- Level 1
Damage: 6
Cooldown: 5 Seconds
Staggers the target for 0.5 seconds
- Level 2
Damage: 14
Cooldown: 5 Seconds
Staggers the target for 0.7 seconds
- Level 3
Damage: 20
Cooldown: 4 Seconds
Staggers the target for 1 second

* * Reinforcements
Description: Same as current

_________
- Items

* * Pulse Grenades
Levels: 1, 2
Cost: 6-6
Description: Grants the Clone up to 2 Pulse Grenades

* * Armor

* * Ammo

Last edited:
Right but taking the launcher is pointless too, it's basically just two nades for 25pts (10 from m5) that can also be pushed mid-air until it sticks on something IIRC. Admittedly, you're better off buying a launcher than 2 nades (unless u dont buy m5) but eh. Not a fan.

It's kind of like the scope attachment, you can take it and it is an improvement if ur getting headshots but, generally speaking, it's not the best investment considering that it costs 20 (10 from m5)pts. ARC is extremely limited by point costs.

Those things counter SBD's and droidkas though, the purpose behind them is to deal with the droid special classes and in some cases use against sith as a knock down. They have an AOE that disrupts shields and turns off weapons for a few seconds. I found the gernade launcher very useful when combating a squad of soldiers or dealing with sentry droids because of that pin point accuracy where I need to gauge my bounce and height to make a perfect nade toss.

If you want to make arc a bit more open to build options, I would just ask if you can make everything a few points cheaper.

Those things counter SBD's and droidkas though, the purpose behind them is to deal with the droid special classes and in some cases use against sith as a knock down.

This will only ever happen if the deka or SBD is not being backed up by a team, good luck trying to take advantage of an EMP against an even matchup, you'll either get sniped before you can make it connect or you'll be unable to push to engage the SBD/Deka as it backs away with its ammo recharging/reloading and like 10 actual, lasting damage dealt. So basically if you can't follow it up, you're screwed.

They have an AOE that disrupts shields and turns off weapons for a few seconds. I found the gernade launcher very useful when combating a squad of soldiers or dealing with sentry droids because of that pin point accuracy where I need to gauge my bounce and height to make a perfect nade toss.

If you want to make arc a bit more open to build options, I would just ask if you can make everything a few points cheaper.

Frag grenades are still more useful, IMO. Lasting damage > ammo drain, people have a lot of ammo in this game unless they're playing a class like SBD, then an EMP matters but if you EMP a sold or a hero? he's not gonna care after 6s. Which, being fair, is a good amount of downtime but not enough for you to follow up on in most circumstances, the EMPs are basically only useful to finish a fight you're already likely to win, not to change the tide in most situations as you're not likely to pull this off unless the enemy team sucks.

Point cost reductions are a must on ARC tbh, I'm still working on that for my ARC feedback thread.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
If the Deka is backed by a good team AND you're backed by a good team, then the EMP will still do a bunch of good. It disables the deka for a LONG ass time, detonates instantly on shield, and will knock down people around the deka. Which is not to say that it couldn't do with some changes, just to draw your attention to other elements of the situation.

Also, while it makes a bunch of sense, I really don't like the idea of giving clones Assemble. The whole "you do not reduce the firepower of our army at all by killing one of us" factor of soldiers should stay with soldiers, while clones are more of a "we're pretty good at not dying but even if we do die, there will be a second wave of us" kind of thing, sacrificing post-death staying power for more immediate survivability. That's just how I feel about it though. Preventing blob purchase (and, necessarily, cr3 purchase) would go a long way towards balancing out rally clones, but it also just feels kind of redundant to have another rally/assemble class, kinda?

Maybe remove levels and make blobs available for 15 points, but you get a lot of them. Then you can't have everything: either blobs or max armor and sprint or cr1.

I don't think anyone needs 9 blobs though, so what if the two kinds of blobs were merged and you could spend one charge on conc blob and two charges on the electric one?

Even if my pulse grenade idea is shit, I still think the carbine and the spawn forward mechanic seems interesting enough to switch it up and make the class more dynamic than boring.

I want to see developer feedback though on that spawn location code though.
Like is it physically possible to make the spawn that specific? Always spawn behind the person you are spawning on instead of clipping onto them?

Why spawn behind? When I play commander I need a lot of armor and cannon fodders in front of me, not behind. Why would I run forward to get killed and make my soldiers lose the rally point? If I would play ARC than even better, I send the clones forward for suppressing fire and I can safely launch my rockets, or use the sniper mode.

Think about it like in an RTS. Would you send the unit that spawns the minions to the front line? No. You send the minions and keep the summoner behind. If you don't like that, don't take rally.

Why spawn behind? When I play commander I need a lot of armor and cannon fodders in front of me, not behind. Why would I run forward to get killed and make my soldiers lose the rally point? If I would play ARC than even better, I send the clones forward for suppressing fire and I can safely launch my rockets, or use the sniper mode.

Think about it like in an RTS. Would you send the unit that spawns the minions to the front line? No. You send the minions and keep the summoner behind. If you don't like that, don't take rally.
The problem is that ARC is a mobile class and cant really afford to get body blocked by thier team because them being mobile is one of their strengths.
If you are in mid firefight and sombody spawns on you and blocks you from doing a dodge move against the wall or some shit, its going to get frustrating.

It's not so bad when its ET because you are not really exposing yourself much to begin with because its a more slower paced methodical playstyle compared to arc. However there have been times a soldier would spawn on me when im strafing in a fire fight and block me from going into the direction I was going costing me to get hit or die. Arc can't afford that because only 1 life where you get a 2nd chance as an ET assuming you bought the extra life.

Dex3 ARC is mobile, but rocket ARC is not. You don't need to be mobile to snipe or use the bouncing shots either. Someone made up that only dex3 ARC works. And now I get it as a fact, although it's not true imo.

Dex3 ARC is mobile, but rocket ARC is not. You don't need to be mobile to snipe or use the bouncing shots either. Someone made up that only dex3 ARC works. And now I get it as a fact, although it's not true imo.
The point still stands is that skill can cause frustration while in mid fight and arc just can't afford to get hit as much as an ET can.
They need that breathing room. So what im wondering is if you cant make them spawn behind, what if you have a set distance instead.

That gives the arc the wiggle room it needs to strafe in a firefight.

I wrote only because I didn't want spawn to be adjusted to Appo's build because I think his style doesn't depend on rally at all.
But you can make a build where you expect spawned teammates to do most of the job and you "serve" them as a durable rally point and support them instead. If only one of those styles can be preferred by the spawn location I think the second one deserves it. But there could be offensive rally and defensive rally, I have no problem with that.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Then Commander would need to be heavily buffed as well, as would soldier, but I'm not opposed to the idea.

If the Deka is backed by a good team AND you're backed by a good team, then the EMP will still do a bunch of good. It disables the deka for a LONG ass time, detonates instantly on shield, and will knock down people around the deka. Which is not to say that it couldn't do with some changes, just to draw your attention to other elements of the situation.

It's not that it's completely useless, it has its moments just like lightning 3 does but the overall issue is that it is not consistent enough and is extremely easily countered by a sith or a deka/sbd that just takes cover for 4s for shield, 6s for ammo.

Also, while it makes a bunch of sense, I really don't like the idea of giving clones Assemble. The whole "you do not reduce the firepower of our army at all by killing one of us" factor of soldiers should stay with soldiers, while clones are more of a "we're pretty good at not dying but even if we do die, there will be a second wave of us" kind of thing, sacrificing post-death staying power for more immediate survivability. That's just how I feel about it though. Preventing blob purchase (and, necessarily, cr3 purchase) would go a long way towards balancing out rally clones, but it also just feels kind of redundant to have another rally/assemble class, kinda?

Honestly, I think this is pretty accurate. Clones shouldn't be disposable, they were designed to be superb fighters that could take losses but no where near the losses the CIS could sustain, they're still highly trained fighting men.

Last edited: