•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue CL_ParsePacketEntities

Hello,

since i installed this mod i am getting a error that throws me back to the main menu when i'm playing multiplayer for a while. Like after 1-3 minutes i am getting a text that says: "error: CL_ParsePacketEntities end of message". It's a shame cause i bought the original game from steam and the multiplayer there worked fine.

I hope somebody can help me :)

Yours faithfully.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
It's a shame cause i bought the original game from steam and the multiplayer there worked fine.
Are you sure you bought game? Because google says that this can happen in case of using nocd.
And is your JA patched to 1.01? If not, you can download patch here:
http://jkhub.org/files/file/73-jedi-academy-patch-pc/
or here:
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy: Patch 1.01 zum Download - 4Players.de
or here:
Patch 1.01 - Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy Downloads | GameWatcher

Are you sure you bought game? Because google says that this can happen in case of using nocd.
And is your JA patched to 1.01? If not, you can download patch here:
http://jkhub.org/files/file/73-jedi-academy-patch-pc/
or here:
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy: Patch 1.01 zum Download - 4Players.de
or here:
Patch 1.01 - Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy Downloads | GameWatcher
Yes i am very sure that i bought this game. Thanks for the reply, where can i check my current Jedi Academy version?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Yes i am very sure that i bought this game. Thanks for the reply, where can i check my current Jedi Academy version?
Properties of file Jedi Academy\GameData\jamp.exe, or launch Movie Battles, open console by pressing Shift + ~ (aka Shift + `), version will be in right bottom corner of console.

If your game is already 1.01, I can suggest you to play with s mb2 network settings, as described here:
My First Day in MBII | Movie Battles II Community
Set those parameters to lower and higher values, see what happens.
Try different servers, with better ping.

As last resort, you can try reinstall both JA and MBII; maybe some files on your hard drive is broken for some reason. If you use a launcher, run "Repair installation".

Last edited:
So i allready have the version 1.01 and i allready tried to toggle arround in the network settings. Still didn't help but i will try to re-install mb2. Thanks anyways

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Ther error "error: CL_ParsePacketEntities end of message" usually happens when you are playing your game with NOCD executable or similar thing that lets you play pirated version of Jedi Academy.
Get a CD or a steam version. :p

Nothing helped, i tried re-installing mb2 and even repaired it afterwards. Still the same error.

Maybe the mod is registering the steam version as a nocd version because it has no cd.

ent

Movie Battles II Team
It is probably loading some other executable.
Try to reinstall the steam version (and remove MBII before that ofc)

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Still doesn't work :/
Have you tried changing Networks settings?
Have you tried different servers? Do you have this error on every server?

Try MBII client. Select it in MB Launcher's settings, or create link for Jedi Academy\GameData\mbii.x86.exe and add
Code:
set +fs_game "MBII"
to target field.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer