Chances for new classes in Open mode?

Long time fan first time poster. I was just wondering what the chances are of new classes being added? I have some ideas, don't we all, but there seems to be a lot of fun ideas in some of the FA senarios that it almost seems like Open should be crawling with more options and classes.

Here's a simple one. Maybe a deticated "Forcewhore" class called Nightsister Witch for imps and Force Adept for rebs. Faster recharge on force, some of those crazier powers from FA, but only a normal stick for melee that can't even block blasters.
Maybe a deticated melee class that punches things called Teräs Käsi Master. Everyone loves them melee fist system, build an entire class around it thats not Wookiee.
Add shotguns. I would love to go into more details, but are the devs even considering the idea?

20200515_191154.jpg

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Look a little more through those pages, most of that stuff hasn't been updated since late 2018.

And it was waiting on things like the class backend rework, which hasn't even been in the game for 6 months. Update/Creation date isnt the end all be all.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Look a little more through those pages, most of that stuff hasn't been updated since late 2018.
they just cleared all the 1.6 stuff from it, so all the most recent changes that have already been implemented are gone now

I was thinking the exact same thing, I'd love a new class. I will spit-ball some of my own class ideas, but I would be happy with any new class for this great mod, I would not demand anything from the mod devs.

I'd love to see a full Astromech class for open. It would finally give the good guys a class with jetpack and lightning, it could represent some iconic characters like R2-D2 and BB-8, and for a unique ability I think astromechs should be able to interact with those objective things faster.

A heavy trooper class for the Imps would be cool. Based on the class from Battlefront 2, it could have a toggleable gun shield, quick throw frags, sprint, it would be a nice equivalent to the clone trooper. In lore Imperial heavy troopers also wielded electro staffs, so maybe Phasma could be moved from the commander to the heavy trooper class.

Both of these classes I think would fit really well into the gameplay of open, while also mostly reusing a lot of existing mechanics making it easier to develop. In fact both classes have some form in FA already.

As for classes that are more weird, I think it would be funny to have a Gungan class or a Magnaguard class.

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
I'd consider something like cloak + close combat weapon + extra agility or something for a potential new class (no lightsaber, no force use). Whatever may come up it should not slow down gameplay.

I'd consider something like cloak + close combat weapon + extra agility or something for a potential new class (no lightsaber, no force use). Whatever may come up it should not slow down gameplay.

if by cloak you mean it would have stealth, that's one of the most surefire ways to slow down gameplay

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
if by cloak you mean it would have stealth, that's one of the most surefire ways to slow down gameplay

I think it depends on how you use it and what limits are given to it. It might be useful in certain situations while in others it wouldn't be as effective. Eventually there would be other ways to use the same class - the same way like you can either be a full-on saberist or force wielder Jedi/Sith.
I don't see stealth clone troopers slowing down gameplay in Jedi Temple FA for instance. I wouldn't use it for camp in gen (DoF) if that's what you mean. Let's say it would last for 10 seconds so you'll be forced to sneak attack or do something, you won't have the time to mess around and slow down gameplay in that sense. At the end of the day it's not that different from Mind Trick and Sonic Grenades I think.

I think it depends on how you use it and what limits are given to it. It might be useful in certain situations while in others it wouldn't be as effective. Eventually there would be other ways to use the same class - the same way like you can either be a full-on saberist or force wielder Jedi/Sith.
I don't see stealth clone troopers slowing down gameplay in Jedi Temple FA for instance. I wouldn't use it for camp in gen (DoF) if that's what you mean. Let's say it would last for 10 seconds so you'll be forced to sneak attack or do something, you won't have the time to mess around and slow down gameplay in that sense. At the end of the day it's not that different from Mind Trick and Sonic Grenades I think.

I agree, cloak would work fine if it was on a timer. Somewhere between 6-15 seconds would be ideal. This means cloak would still be useful for pushing quickly into a choke point or sneaking past a push. Cloak will slow down the game, but compared to something like Droideka's roll or Mandalorian's jetpack there are still multiple worse ways to stall and time waste. The only time cloak would really slow down the game would be when the class is first launched and both times are stacked with that class with cloak. Jedi already have mind-trick, so cloak isn't really that different. Also Jedi and Sith could detect cloaked enemies using force sense so it's completely counterable. In FA some maps have an assassin droid which can cloak and has these claw like melee weapons.

I just think the biggest issue with your class, is making it a viable option compared to Jedi, Jedi already have cloak (mind trick), very good mobility, and a really good melee weapon. It's hard for me of thinking of a way your class would be a good alternative to Jedi. Perhaps this stealth class has access to grenades and perhaps the stealth class could also get the dodge ability.

I wouldn't use it for camp in gen (DoF) if that's what you mean.
no

stealth classes (and mind trick) are weakest against people sticking together and strong at getting 1v1 picks. if you force people to always stick together it slows down the game

no

stealth classes (and mind trick) are weakest against people sticking together and strong at getting 1v1 picks. if you force people to always stick together it slows down the game
Steath based characters almost always ruin multiplayer games.

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
no

Well, you might have a point there but we talk about a team-based game. In one way or another you should stick together most of the time.
By being in stealth it doesn't necessarily mean you're an assassin to manage sneak attacks, it can be enough to disorientate enemies and have the upper hand for a few seconds which can be significant in fast-paced gameplay.