CB| Meech's 1v1 Duel Tourney (Prize Money)

Who would participate in a no buy in $20 reward tournament?

• Me

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Not Me

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

giphy.gif

I will be offering a $20 USD reward for the winner of this tourney. There is no buy in required.

Now that I have your attention, this is going to be an event for the community, and I will also need help from the community.
Now before this thing even happens, I would like to say that since this is for the people and I gain nothing out of it. I want to make this a bracket type tournament where if you can perform consistently throughout, you have a good chance of winning vs getting a few lucky kills here and there. I would also appreciate if we could come together and set some guidelines the majority (75%?) of us can agree on.

* Will there be any restricted styles?

* Should this be open for all users?

* Who will be the judge(s)?

* What region should the server be in?

* Best out of X amount of rounds or single elimination?

On top of the above, there is also things I will need some help with to make this possible

* Help from a MB2 Dev or a TRUSTED veteran

* A stable server to borrow that is password restricted for this event

* Suggested form of payment (CASHAPP/VENMO/PayPal/ect.)

* A discord channel for judges and participants to be in to talk to, or to help keep the event organized.

* And any other suggestions/feedback that would make this a fair and fun time for participants.

Now I know $20 isn't a whole lot but again, there is ABSOLUTELY NO BUY-IN so what do you have to lose?
I will be reading replies and responding to feedback. I hope this takes off and I see a lot of old and newer faces in the MB2 community. If anybody has any questions, concerns, or recommendations I will update this thread accordingly. Again, thank you everybody, and good luck!

Edit 1: This tourney will be taking place sometime early next-mid next month so you have time to adjust to the new update.

Edit 2: There will be
NO DUALS OR STAVES IN THIS TOURNAMENT

Last edited:

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
Good idea, would be better to do this on a stable sabersystem which isn't bugged as hell

AaronAaron

Donator
Put the tournament in NA so I can win it again and laugh at @achilles and @Ranar.

Also, what help do you need? You can always use www.challonge.com for the bracket stuff and you'll also need a decent server (I RECOMMEND @Caelum BEST SERVERS) Im sure you can make the discord server yourself as thats not a big deal at all. Btw, i suggest you check Swiss's last tournament thread for an idea on how you should have the rules.

ONE MORE THING: Host the tournament when the system is actually playable and not buggy.

Put the tournament in NA so I can win it again and laugh at @achilles and @Ranar.

Also, what help do you need? You can always use www.challonge.com for the bracket stuff and you'll also need a decent server (I RECOMMEND @Caelum BEST SERVERS) Im sure you can make the discord server yourself as thats not a big deal at all. Btw, i suggest you check Swiss's last tournament thread for an idea on how you should have the rules.

ONE MORE THING: Host the tournament when the system is actually playable and not buggy.

Just updated it, meant to put in that I plan to host this sometime early next month, assuming that's when the next update comes out

You might wanna restrict staff and duals cuz so many people cry about them.

I concur, I'd probably hold it off till the next update since even if the current one is "good" somehow you till have the issue that alot of people RQ the game.

Also, I want Aaron to wear the name #2 Almighty Aaron if he loses the finale

I concur, I'd probably hold it off till the next update since even if the current one is "good" somehow you till have the issue that alot of people RQ the game.

Also, I want Aaron to wear the name #2 Almighty Aaron if he loses the finale

Would you say one week after the update? I’d want people to be comfortable with their styles before they play with money on the line

Would you say one week after the update? I’d want people to be comfortable with their styles before they play with money on the line
Yea Id say 1 week would be enough. Would definitely generate some more traffic in-game if people practiced

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
The next build could be next month or next year. Does anyone really know?
A hotfix for the currently bugged version is coming hopefully within this week. As for gameplay updates (both open mode and sabering), we can hopefully expect an open beta within a month, as it's currently undergoing internal testing.

Eazy E

Banned

giphy.gif

I will be offering a $20 USD reward for the winner of this tourney. There is no buy in required.

Now that I have your attention, this is going to be an event for the community, and I will also need help from the community.

Now before this thing even happens, I would like to say that since this is for the people and I gain nothing out of it. I want to make this a bracket type tournament where if you can perform consistently throughout, you have a good chance of winning vs getting a few lucky kills here and there. I would also appreciate if we could come together and set some guidelines the majority (75%?) of us can agree on.

* Will there be any restricted styles?

* Should this be open for all users?

* Who will be the judge(s)?

* What region should the server be in?

* Best out of X amount of rounds or single elimination?

On top of the above, there is also things I will need some help with to make this possible

* Help from a MB2 Dev or a TRUSTED veteran

* A stable server to borrow that is password restricted for this event

* Suggested form of payment (CASHAPP/VENMO/PayPal/ect.)

* A discord channel for judges and participants to be in to talk to, or to help keep the event organized.

* And any other suggestions/feedback that would make this a fair and fun time for participants.

Now I know $20 isn't a whole lot but again, there is ABSOLUTELY NO BUY-IN so what do you have to lose?
I will be reading replies and responding to feedback. I hope this takes off and I see a lot of old and newer faces in the MB2 community. If anybody has any questions, concerns, or recommendations I will update this thread accordingly. Again, thank you everybody, and good luck!

Edit 1: This tourney will be taking place sometime early next-mid next month so you have time to adjust to the new update.

Edit 2: There will be
NO DUALS OR STAVES IN THIS TOURNAMENT
Cult will make a server available as long as you put "SPONSORED BY THE CULT OF RAGNOS!" at the top of this thread. In big bright red too.