•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Can't join most of the Servers (MAC)

Hi,

almost everytime I try to connect to a server, it says that I am missing files (most of the time MB2/MBII_Mac.pk3 or MB2/Assets3.pk3).

There are a few Servers that I am able to join without getting that kind of error message, so I assume that I did install the game properly. Right now I am playing open dotf on <<Asylum Warzone>> without any problems at all.

I tried to figure out what the problem could be. I noticed that Asylum Warzone is hosted on a Linux Server (which is basiclally the same as OS X), but after trying out a few other Linux-hosted servers (and getting the same error again) I realized it has nothing to do with that.

As the Mac version of MB2 has no Launcher (not talking about the JKJAlauncher), I thought that maybe the MBII_Mac.pk3 and Assets3.pk3 files could be out of date and I just don't know that because I don't have any auto-updating feature. So I downloaded the game with the MB2 launcher on my brothers windows pc, and then replaced the above named pk3 files with the ones on my mac. It also didn't solve the problem (as the files are exactly the same).

By the way, I am able to join any server with my brothers windows - meaning with the same pk3 files I got on my mac, so this is definitely not the problem.
I'm running out of ideas. If there is anyone who got this game to work an a Mac, I would be very pleased about some advices!

I played this game 10 years ago as a young kid and just heard from my little brother that the game is experiencing some kind of revival right now - which is awesome! :)

Cheers

ps: sorry for my bad english

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
almost everytime I try to connect to a server, it says that I am missing files (most of the time MB2/MBII_Mac.pk3 or MB2/Assets3.pk3).
Can we have a screenshot of an error?
I noticed that Asylum Warzone is hosted on a Linux Server (which is basiclally the same as OS X),
No. OS X is BSD-based.

Also,
Do you have MBII installed in the proper folder ~/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy, and do you launch it through jkalauncher.app ? (originally posted by @kikili)

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-01-06 16.59.50.png
    Screenshot 2016-01-06 16.59.50.png
    226.3 KB · Views: 277
  • Screenshot 2016-01-06 16.59.19.png
    Screenshot 2016-01-06 16.59.19.png
    918.9 KB · Views: 254

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
It was off on default. I turned it on to see which files are 'missing'.
When autodownload is turned off, I get the following error.
Close error window, then open console (Shift + ~ aka Shift + `, or whatever key combination on mac), take a screenshot and post it here.
Please specify what exactly servers you're trying connect to.
I suspect you're missing some maps.

kikili

Movie Battles II Team
Yes this is exactly what happened and there is a launcher for the mac.
I will try to setup a thread for how to install it.

I found a solution for my problem. For some reason, I had to put the JKJALauncher in my "GameData" folder (meaning the folder that would be game data on windows, where 'base' and 'mb2' are inside). Before, I had the launcher in the same directory as the *.app file. I have no explanation why this was responsible for not being able to join most of the servers, but am more than happy that everything is working properly now.

Btw, I am using the AppStore Version of the game (if anyone got similar problems with that specific version).

And thanks for your help, Puppytine! :)

Yes this is exactly what happened and there is a launcher for the mac.
I will try to setup a thread for how to install it.
That would be a great idea!

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I found a solution for my problem. For some reason, I had to put the JKJALauncher in my "GameData" folder (meaning the folder that would be game data on windows, where 'base' and 'mb2' are inside). Before, I had the launcher in the same directory as the *.app file. I have no explanation why this was responsible for not being able to join most of the servers, but am more than happy that everything is working properly now.

Btw, I am using the AppStore Version of the game (if anyone got similar problems with that specific version).

And thanks for your help, Puppytine! :)

That would be a great idea!
Just few hours ago we had a user who experienced similar problem and have found similar solution by his own.
I was about to post link here, but unfortunately, I had to go and absolutely had no time to do it. I was keeping in mind to reply on my return, but as I can see, you already got things working. Good for you. :)

Technical Issue - Another mac install problem | Movie Battles II Community