Can you explain wind-up animations and interrupts?

How long are they? Same for every style? Is it the time while they hold the left mouse button only? Or a longer time? How much bp damage when you hit? Is the damage the same for every style? Do I have to consider latency when I time it? Can I interrupt halfswings and combos?

Pandawin helped me to practice interrupts against red (thank you Pandawin), but then I totally failed to use it against purple.

Last edited:

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
How long are they? Same for every style? Is it the time while they hold the left mouse button only? Or a longer time? How much bp damage when you hit? Is the damage the same for every style? Do I have to consider latency when I time it? Can I interrupt halfswings and combos?

Pandawin helped me to practice interrupts against red (thank you Pandawin), but then I totally failed to use it against purple.

Wind up is the time it takes for the attack hitbox on your saber swing to activate. Many styles have fast wind ups, such as blue, cyan, duals, and staff. However, all combos are more or less the same speed, so only the initial swing means anything.

Interrupts are just when you hit the opponent before their attack hitbox activates, and deal substantial damage, although I do not know for certain how much exactly.

Purple is a strange jogo, and I consider it to be the most broken style in MBII. Utter cancer, especially if you swingblock full combos. The swings vary, so timing interrupts is not easy, and it uses the cyan animations so it has forward facing windup, so the hitbox is almost instantaneously infront of them. The best advice to fighting people, is not to get hit by it. Run away from them after hitting them, don't let them pblock, don't let them slap you, and don't let them combo you. Otherwise, you just need to predict when they're going to do a swing, and hit them.

The slower your starting swings are, the harder it is, so I would recommend blue/cyan/duals for an interrupt playstyle.

Purple and Cyan have very separate animation sets. Looking at them in ModView, besides speed, there are some subtle differences between them. They do appear to be 2 different takes on a similar style, one fast and one strong. Do not be deceived, they are not the same.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Purple and Cyan have very separate animation sets. Looking at them in ModView, besides speed, there are some subtle differences between them. They do appear to be 2 different takes on a similar style, one fast and one strong. Do not be deceived, they are not the same.

Maybe that is why purple is retardedly difficult to pblock, whereas Cyan is easy. Either way, the animations still start with the swings infront of the user, making it very strong due to the hitbox always activating infront of them.

AaronAaron

Donator
Damn Achilles, back at it again with the knowledge!

EDIT: Looking back at how I followed the hate train :'I

Last edited:

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Damn Achilles, back at it again with the knowledge!

tumblr_m6ydsr5igI1rtn3rqo1_400.gif