Can we figure out ways to stop TK?

Disabling team damage is not the answer.
Example:
Group of 4 jedi, and 4 sith are all going at it, in an intense duel the jedi and sith battle to the death... until...
OH SHAT! A nade comes flying in! OH CRAP IS THAT A REBEL OR IMPERIAL GRENADE? DOESNT MATTER!

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE ALL 4 SITH GO FLYING EVERYWHERE, DEADER THAN A DOORNAIL, and look! The jedi unscathed! The end.

Disabling team damage is an extremely game changing decision and turns the whole gameplay, mechanics, and tactics a tone way lower than most games.

I think a big problem is when people find ways around tk. Like shooting rockets and disconecting before it hits their team. Or maybe when someone goes ARC, shoots rockets next to his team and a sith pushes it and gets 6 kills. ARC goes unpunished.

k4far

Banned
Donator
1e8d9ba0e5e89.jpg

Disagree with disabling team damage - it's too important and would dumb down the game.

Example:
Group of 4 jedi, and 4 sith are all going at it, in an intense duel the jedi and sith battle to the death... until...
OH SHAT! A nade comes flying in! OH CRAP IS THAT A REBEL OR IMPERIAL GRENADE? DOESNT MATTER!

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE ALL 4 SITH GO FLYING EVERYWHERE, DEADER THAN A DOORNAIL, and look! The jedi unscathed! The end.

Disabling team damage is an extremely game changing decision and turns the whole gameplay, mechanics, and tactics a tone way lower than most games.
I think a big problem is when people find ways around tk. Like shooting rockets and disconecting before it hits their team.
This exactly.

Or maybe when someone goes ARC, shoots rockets next to his team and a sith pushes it and gets 6 kills. ARC goes unpunished.
Although in this case it would mean the ARC killed 6 Republic, they shouldn't be punished for that if they were aiming at a Sith and it was redirected. It'd be even better if the kills counted for the Sith since he pushed the projectile.

Indeed. I started with the mod last year but i just recently decided to join the forums today and my experience with tR has not been very pleasant at all. I've seen some even say that their servers are lovely environments and that the loose rules and encouragement of freedom of speech is a breath of fresh air. I would like to know where this lovely environment is. I wouldn't consider endless amounts of trolls and racist spammers a breath of fresh air. I've encountered a few decent tR members but not many and you can tell by some of these replies just what a lovely bunch they are. Best to stay away indeed.
This may be a bit late, but the reason most people play on TR is that you're allowed to troll. You're able to just mess around with you team. You aren't held by rules.(except timewasting) Your free to say or do what ever you want.

As for my idea to reduce teamkilling, I think It is rather simple. A) If in the first 10 seconds of a round, if someone team kills 2 people or more, and at least 2 punish, the round restarts, and the killer is kicked. May be annoying, but it will bring back the dead players and give them a second to plan ahead if the tkr returns.
2)"Track" fights. Lets say an ally just runs up to you and kills you. The game should track if there are enemies nearby, and how frequently everyone is attacking. If there enemies, and everyone has been attacking each other, and you get teamkilled, it should be worth less points, as it was more likely an honest mistake. But, if there is little attacking and next to no enemies nearby, team kills should award more points. Just my opinion on this matter, but I think It will fix a lot of problems I have With teamkilling.

Also, remove tk points you would have earned if you got forgiven.

As for my idea to reduce teamkilling, I think It is rather simple. A) If in the first 10 seconds of a round, if someone team kills 2 people or more, and at least 2 punish, the round restarts, and the killer is kicked.
Also, remove tk points you would have earned if you got forgiven.
Lol, I can already see loopholes