•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] can someone help teach how host a server

I would like to host a server for MB2 as open using current map pool. I want to use a server on west coast I know to do that I have to buy private server from company but idk how to do that then I need help setting up the server to work with mb2 and jamp with all the smod commands and make the server rotate maps with rtv. if someone want to help can you reference tutorial or maybe message me and we can talk on discord thank you

D

Deleted member 8224

D

Deleted member 8224

You don't really need much for a single server.

I recommend at least a dual core CPU, maybe 2-4GB of RAM. Storage depends, shouldn't really take up more than what base assets + MBII weighs, so 20GB storage should be fine. If you wanna go even cheaper, a single core and less RAM would probably work fine.

Also depends on if you chose Windows or Linux. If Windows, it alone is gonna eat up some of your RAM to just run the OS, so I recommend you to run a Linux based distro, like Ubuntu.

As for bandwidth speed, 100/100 should be fine but the higher the better.

If you don't wanna mess with any of that, I highly recommend Asutech.io.

Asutech seems like the cheapest option but the webpage doesn't really specify anything about the server specs and the servers are on the east coast which is the opposite coast I'm on. Bluefang and gaming deluxe ltd seem to have dedicated servers for MB2 as well and have servers on west coast I'm probably going to try one of them for the cheapness.

Last edited: