Beating Deflect 3

I've gotten into gunning recently and im curious about tips on beating a jedi with deflect 3, i usually use commander/ET/Soldier

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Move left/right while shooting (walk, if you need aim). due to the fact that deflected shoots are flying somewhere under the crosshair, most of enemies can't aim them accurately under you're close to a standstill.

If anything else fails - shooting them from close distance works, too. They're using regular amount of force for defending + additional one for deflecting, so they won't stand close-quarters pummeling for a long time.

Use primary e11 shots and move as much as you can while shooting. Sadly since the deflect change you can't beat it by going close since it will still deflect and you will just die.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
If he's using Purple in conjunction... Nothing except praying for backup or trying to melee.

In other instances I'd personally attempt to bait out some attacks or Pushes by running up close. This requires some timing and understanding what your limits are, but it's doable. If they're smart, they won't get baited, but if that is the case you can try to sneak some quick punches and attempt to whittle down their HP.

Aim at their feet.
Strafe run/walk/crouch.
Alternate between primary and secondary fire.
Use a nade to knockdown and blast away.
Melee if you're close enough and they're a turtle.
Bait them into swinging, pew pew shoot.
Or just have fun with it and if you're close enough, charge and circle around them firing while running. Risky but effective if done correctly.

IDR varies from weapon to weapon, to figure it out, if you shoot a saber and the flash of the impact is white, it's outside IDR, either too close or too far. You'll also only be dealing about 2 - 4 fp damage per shot.
If you shoot a saber and the flash is blue, it's inside IDR, the size of the IDR window varies very often with different guns having different distances, you'll usually be dealing between 8 - 14 fp per shot within IDR but again varies from weapon to weapon.

The Deka Blaster & SBD blaster are the only guns that don't use IDR and instead always deal about 11 fp per shot.

IDR varies from weapon to weapon, to figure it out, if you shoot a saber and the flash of the impact is white, it's outside IDR, either too close or too far. You'll also only be dealing about 2 - 4 fp damage per shot.
If you shoot a saber and the flash is blue, it's inside IDR, the size of the IDR window varies very often with different guns having different distances, you'll usually be dealing between 8 - 14 fp per shot within IDR but again varies from weapon to weapon.

The Deka Blaster & SBD blaster are the only guns that don't use IDR and instead always deal about 11 fp per shot.

:eek: So being too close is also bad for fp draining? I've never heard of that before.

By the way the drain also depends on whether the sith/jedi is running right? Do you know the drain values for both case? I couldn't find the values on the wiki now.

IDR varies from gun to gun, e-11 for example can be used at point blank and medium range IDR but the dual pistols for clone have to be used at medium range for IDR, too close and they don't drain properly and do about 3 - 4 fp dmg again. And running increases the drain by 30 percent if i recall correctly so as an example, 8 fp per shot becomes 10.4 fp per shot.

Thanks a ton this is really helpful

:eek: So being too close is also bad for fp draining? I've never heard of that before.

By the way the drain also depends on whether the sith/jedi is running right? Do you know the drain values for both case? I couldn't find the values on the wiki now.
heres a chart made by one of the devs with all the weapon damage listings sadly IDR/FP damage is excluded from the chart but they might still be helpful to someone
full credit goes to mace for the chart

heres a chart made by one of the devs with all the weapon damage listings sadly IDR/FP damage is excluded from the chart but they might still be helpful to someone
full credit goes to mace for the chart

Thanks, tho I remember seeing it when Mace posted it.

The old wiki had a page with the IDR values and I'm somewhat sure that I've seen it not too long ago, so I believe it's still there but can't find it now. Although that list may be inaccurate as it's old and maybe the drain values were changed. Also in v.1.2 they added a medium drain range zone, there's no information about those drain values.

Cat Lady

IDR varies from weapon to weapon

It doesn't. It is same for all weapons.

Actually, I was so surprised by this quote, that I double-checked it with code wizards, so I'm sure of the above - it is possible that IDR *was* different for weapons in ancient times, but for sure it is not, as of now.