BasePack (MaxFPS Model Pack)

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team

BASEPACK-header.jpg

"Dropped around 20 fps less in some situations which meant staying above my fps cap instead of dropping below." - Manyo
"Amazing, I use it on my second PC (which is a potato), great alternative to the Tryhard Pak if you want to get good FPS on Open." - Remalus

shot2018-03-11_13-39-38.jpg

This is a framerate-increasing model pack that replaces every non-base model with a base model (a model from Jedi Academy), including hilts. The base models are much better optimized, and poorly optimized models are the main framerate-killer in MB2. This pack substantially reduces the framerate hit you'll take from being in crowded situations.

Because there are not many BaseJKA models, this pack also greatly reduces the model variety. And for the hell of it, this pack makes all saber blades thin like Kanan's saber. If you crave a thick-saber version, I can make one.

shot2018-03-11_13-56-27.jpg

But every class still has its own unique selection of models, which have been carefully chosen to be visually distinct from each other. SBD and Deka are unchanged, because there aren't any alternative models for them. Starkiller and (an old version of) Aayla Secura are in there too, because they're both actually just skins for base models, so they have properly-functioning LODs.

This pack greatly increases the effectiveness of r_lodbias 2 (Geometric Detail: Low).

shot2018-03-12_23-32-38.jpg

This pack isn't configured for FA (yet?), so when playing FA you'll experience:
1. Unoptimized models.
2. Models with the wrong textures or no textures.

basepack_icontable.png

DOWNLOAD (29.4 MB)

Download with Rosh (Rosh isn't in the main version cuz I enjoy being immune to being tilted by people who are trying to tilt me by playing Rosh.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's not that I don't know how to do it; but everybody needs to experience this Roshiness, it's part of the experience :D

Great Jedi Rosh Penin?!?! I like t
Bring back Rosh! Rosh is still base, he's part of the family. It's like having that weird cousin that won't shut the hell up; they're annoying as hell but they're a part of the family and it's not the same when they're gone.
#FreeRoshPenin2018
This guy undertand it all

what about having mroe models from base to use with jedi and sith stuff? like in base the sith had desann and tavion and shadowtroopers and all those reborns and stuff but the jedi aloso had luke and kyle and jedimaster and jedi2

what about having mroe models from base to use with jedi and sith stuff? like in base the sith had desann and tavion and shadowtroopers and all those reborns and stuff but the jedi aloso had luke and kyle and jedimaster and jedi2
should re-add some base models from the original game, like base luke and stuff would be cool

i'd 100% use this if you cleaned it up a bit

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
i'd 100% use this if you cleaned it up a bit
Is there any other "cleaning up" you're referencing besides adding as much model diversity from Base as possible? Do you also want FA support or something?

Is there any other "cleaning up" you're referencing besides adding as much model diversity from Base as possible? Do you also want FA support or something?
No, don't care about FA

Just add more base models and remove starkiller and so on, there are some models which aren't from base which are still in the pack

Also is there anything you can do about the wall of jedi trainers that you're presented with when choosing a model? it looks a bit daft. Would look a lot neater without it

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
No, don't care about FA

Just add more base models and remove starkiller and so on, there are some models which aren't from base which are still in the pack

Also is there anything you can do about the wall of jedi trainers that you're presented with when choosing a model? it looks a bit daft. Would look a lot neater without it
First off I laughed (in an appreciative way) at "it looks a bit daft." Maybe because I'm American so "daft" isn't a usual word. According to my current understanding of modding, I don't THINK I can reduce the number of displayed slots, but if I'm wrong Peneke would know. @Penekowski Is it possible to reduce the number of displayed slots so that my mod which is full of redundant slots doesn't present a bunch of redundant slots?

Second off, I thought being able to keep Starkiller was actually something of a treat, because I like his exaggerated screaming, so I like that his model is, uh, Base-based. I GUESS I could make a No Starkiller, Base Purist version though, when I come back to this pack.

Thirdly, alright, I'll plan to come back to this primarily to re-evaluate the list of Base models and add as many as I can.

It would be funny to replace a bunch of Jedi slots with just tons of different arrangements of Jaden head/body/leg combos, but... I'm.... not sure if that would be very easy. Also not sure how/if I could flag them all as RGB. It's something I'll investigate whenever I decide to hunker down and work on all this.

Edit: Just glanced at the way the base Jaden files are arranged and observed a possible way that making a bunch of Jaden variants would actually be really straightforward (but still rather tedious).

Last edited:
First off I laughed (in an appreciative way) at "it looks a bit daft." Maybe because I'm American so "daft" isn't a usual word. According to my current understanding of modding, I don't THINK I can reduce the number of displayed slots, but if I'm wrong Peneke would know. @Penekowski Is it possible to reduce the number of displayed slots so that my mod which is full of redundant slots doesn't present a bunch of redundant slots?

Second off, I thought being able to keep Starkiller was actually something of a treat, because I like his exaggerated screaming, so I like that his model is, uh, Base-based. I GUESS I could make a No Starkiller, Base Purist version though, when I come back to this pack.

Thirdly, alright, I'll plan to come back to this primarily to re-evaluate the list of Base models and add as many as I can.

It would be funny to replace a bunch of Jedi slots with just tons of different arrangements of Jaden head/body/leg combos, but... I'm.... not sure if that would be very easy. Also not sure how/if I could flag them all as RGB. It's something I'll investigate whenever I decide to hunker down and work on all this.

Edit: Just glanced at the way the base Jaden files are arranged and observed a possible way that making a bunch of Jaden variants would actually be really straightforward (but still rather tedious).
yesssss particularly to that jaden variant idea

It wouldn't be difficult except setting up RGB would make it 1000x more tedious, unless u somehow have the time for that just set it to use any color that makes sense for the outfit

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
It wouldn't be difficult except setting up RGB would make it 1000x more tedious, unless u somehow have the time for that just set it to use any color that makes sense for the outfit
At the moment I know absolutely nothing about how RGB set-up works. I kind of assumed that certain character slots are simply flagged as RGB-able and display RGB sliders, and that that's not something I can affect with a mod, so I was planning on just replacing the models and leave it at that.

In the current version of the basepack, there's this one black twi'lek model that's actually fully RGB, but is on a slot that doesn't have RGB sliders, so you can set her color, but you have to do it by selecting a different character first.

D

Deleted member 1872

Update:

- Added alternate version with human_merc clones/arcs (blue/red), and Rodians as the default BH.

I forgot to put Rosh back in as a Jedi in this version, but... I'm going to leave that as-is. Unless someone REALLY wants the Rosh Jedi model back. That model's usually used for trolling and I like having it gone. (Although again: I really like the Rosh clone armies.)

I may need to swap the soundpacks for the human_mercs in the MercVer so that they don't sound so darn villainous. That'll be easy. I can put one of the rebel_commando voices if I want to be sensible or... something like... Fives's "I was framed!" voice if I want to be surreal. While I have to use the same models for both ARCs and Clones, I'm free to give each separate sound packs, so I should diversify them there, too. I'll do that a bit later today.

edit: I just discovered that human_merc has a "Lannik Racto" skin available that looks pretty distinct from every other class (although he slightly resembles the RGB Jedi). I'll switch ARCs to that guy, and make a new icon for him, and change all the audio for clone/arc mercs to be more heroic. And since that'll all really top off the "polish" of this mod, I'll also make some better promo/explanation images for the top of this thread.

View attachment 2627
Potion Seller approves of this