BasePack (MaxFPS Model Pack)

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team

BASEPACK-header.jpg

"Dropped around 20 fps less in some situations which meant staying above my fps cap instead of dropping below." - Manyo
"Amazing, I use it on my second PC (which is a potato), great alternative to the Tryhard Pak if you want to get good FPS on Open." - Remalus

shot2018-03-11_13-39-38.jpg

This is a framerate-increasing model pack that replaces every non-base model with a base model (a model from Jedi Academy), including hilts. The base models are much better optimized, and poorly optimized models are the main framerate-killer in MB2. This pack substantially reduces the framerate hit you'll take from being in crowded situations.

Because there are not many BaseJKA models, this pack also greatly reduces the model variety. And for the hell of it, this pack makes all saber blades thin like Kanan's saber. If you crave a thick-saber version, I can make one.

shot2018-03-11_13-56-27.jpg

But every class still has its own unique selection of models, which have been carefully chosen to be visually distinct from each other. SBD and Deka are unchanged, because there aren't any alternative models for them. Starkiller and (an old version of) Aayla Secura are in there too, because they're both actually just skins for base models, so they have properly-functioning LODs.

This pack greatly increases the effectiveness of r_lodbias 2 (Geometric Detail: Low).

shot2018-03-12_23-32-38.jpg

This pack isn't configured for FA (yet?), so when playing FA you'll experience:
1. Unoptimized models.
2. Models with the wrong textures or no textures.

basepack_icontable.png

DOWNLOAD (29.4 MB)

Download with Rosh (Rosh isn't in the main version cuz I enjoy being immune to being tilted by people who are trying to tilt me by playing Rosh.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for putting in the work, ill try it out and let you know if i find a faulty model.

Edit: download working now

Last edited:

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Ey bud thanks for doing this, but as others have said we can't download it. I'm interested in trying it out and testing the difference in FPS.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Whooooops, arright well, I just slept, and now I'll do an in-game pass through aaalllll of the slots to check for blatant errors, since I already stumbled over one, then I'll re-upload.

Reactions: SeV

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Update:
- Checked every slot in-game. Everything's fine now, we're all fine. How are you?
- Fixed two ARC models that had the right models but wrong skins.
- Fixed "Rayman arms" on Shaak Ti model, using a file from the Tryhard Duelist Pack.
- Fixed two rebel soldiers that had mismatching icons/models.
- Fixed the damn download link.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Soon, I'll update the Elite Trooper skin to be something else like the Zabrak Female or Keldor Male instead of the Prisoner. Currently, A280 ET is not visually distinct enough from M5 ARC (Rosh). Might do what I was originally planning and make the rebel ET Captain Antilles (a default model that's historically been used as a "desert" rebel Soldier.)

(Captain Antilles was the tan-dressed rebel who captained the Tantive IV and got choked out by Vader at the start of Episode IV. He's a captain, dammit! He should be an ET!)

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Update:
- Updated all "Prisoner" Elite Trooper skins to instead be the "Desert" rebel soldier skin, AKA Captain Raymus Antilles. This makes rebel A280 ETs less visually ambiguous with Rosh M5 ARCs, and also just kind of makes sense, because he's a Captain, dammit.
- Gave Desert Rebel the voice of the Desert Commando ET (one of the removed models).
- Removed Desert Rebel from the Soldier class.

shot2018-03-11_17-54-50.jpg

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Update:
- Overrode all non-base saber hilts with base saber hilts. There were some goofily high-poly non-base saber hilts. (Kylo Ren's saber is still visually "unstable" and has its noises, but it's a single-blade Consul hilt. Other custom noises are preserved as well.) This should increase performance contextually (when looking at a lot of saberists who chose high-poly hilts).
- For the hell of it, also changed all saber blade radiuses so that they're all thin like the Temple Guard and Kanan sabers. It's a cool effect. Even the unstable Kylo blade is thin. I'll make a thiccsaber version if it's requested.

shot2018-03-11_22-59-47.jpg

Last edited:
Overall it felt smoother when i was playing with this pack. So i compared a Starkiller Base demo with 20+ people. Dropped around 20 fps less in some situations which meant staying above my fps cap instead of dropping below. That's enough for me to keep using it and trying to get used to Rosh as Clone and ARC. Good job.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Overall it felt smoother when i was playing with this pack. So i compared a Starkiller Base demo with 20+ people. Dropped around 20 fps less in some situations which meant staying above my fps cap instead of dropping below. That's enough for me to keep using it and trying to get used to Rosh as Clone and ARC. Good job.
Thanks, and thanks for the report on your results. Good idea with testing using a demo! Be sure to grab the updated version of the pack for lower-poly hilts and a fix for the visual ambiguity between A280 ET and M5 ARC, if you haven't.

As far as improving on the Rosh Army, if there's any other specific baseJKA model you'd rather clones/arcs be, I could make an alt pack with that, or if you want to use default clones/ARCs (at a performance cost), you can modify my pack per the instructions at the bottom of the first post. If you attempt that but have any questions, I'll answer em.

One perhaps-more-reasonable model replacement would be to have clones be blue human_mercs and ARCs be red human_mercs, with bounty hunters being the other baseJKA bounty hunters rather than human_mercs. (human_merc is the brown suited-up bounty hunter) It would just be like the rebels hired highly-trained mercenaries. :p Of course, having an imperial model on rebels would take some mental adjustment from the player.

If your problem with Rosh Clones is not a problem of preference/taste but simply a problem of familiarity, I'm sure you'll adjust to it after you play a bit more.

Last edited:
Already got the new one =).

edit: just checked and i agree human_merc in different colours would work for me.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Update:

- Added alternate version with human_merc clones/arcs (blue/red), and Rodians as the default BH.

I forgot to put Rosh back in as a Jedi in this version, but... I'm going to leave that as-is. Unless someone REALLY wants the Rosh Jedi model back. That model's usually used for trolling and I like having it gone. (Although again: I really like the Rosh clone armies.)

I may need to swap the soundpacks for the human_mercs in the MercVer so that they don't sound so darn villainous. That'll be easy. I can put one of the rebel_commando voices if I want to be sensible or... something like... Fives's "I was framed!" voice if I want to be surreal. While I have to use the same models for both ARCs and Clones, I'm free to give each separate sound packs, so I should diversify them there, too. I'll do that a bit later today.

edit: I just discovered that human_merc has a "Lannik Racto" skin available that looks pretty distinct from every other class (although he slightly resembles the RGB Jedi). I'll switch ARCs to that guy, and make a new icon for him, and change all the audio for clone/arc mercs to be more heroic. And since that'll all really top off the "polish" of this mod, I'll also make some better promo/explanation images for the top of this thread.

shot2018-03-12_15-32-22.jpg

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Update (Final?)
- There is now only one version of the pack.
- Bounty Hunters are Greedo.
- Clone Troopers are blue human mercenaries.
- ARCs are now Lannik Racto. He's visually distinct from almost every other model.
- ARCs and Clones now have "heroic" audio (rebel_comm and bespin_cop1).
- RGB Jedi was removed because he has Lannik Racto's head and that's ambiguous.
- Custom MB2-style portraits were created for Lannik Racto and Boba Fett.

edit: One last patch incoming. I'll replace the Zaalbar model with the baseJKA Chewbacca model. Uhh, but, that'll happen Thursday. Going on a little trip.

edit 2: Actually not gonna do that. I've found that Zaalbar is a skin for baseJKA Chewbacca, AND is lower poly than Chewbacca. So it's fine. Everything's fine.

shot2018-03-12_23-32-38.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 2628

"Dropped around 20 fps less in some situations which meant staying above my fps cap instead of dropping below." - Manyo

View attachment 2620

This is a framerate-increasing model pack that replaces every non-base model with a base model (a model from Jedi Academy), including hilts. The base models are much better optimized, and poorly optimized models are the main framerate-killer in MB2. This pack substantially reduces the framerate hit you'll take from being in crowded situations.

Because there are not many BaseJKA models, this pack also greatly reduces the model variety. And for the hell of it, this pack makes all saber blades thin like Kanan's saber. If you crave a thick-saber version, I can make one.

View attachment 2622

But every class still has its own unique selection of models, which have been carefully chosen to be visually distinct from each other. SBD and Deka are unchanged, because there aren't any alternative models for them. Starkiller and (an old version of) Aayla Secura are in there too, because they're both actually just skins for base models, so they have properly-functioning LODs.

This pack greatly increases the effectiveness of r_lodbias 2 (Geometric Detail: Low).

View attachment 2629

This pack isn't configured for FA (yet?), so when playing FA you'll experience:
1. Unoptimized models.
2. Models with the wrong textures or no textures.

basepack_icontable.png

DOWNLOAD (29.4 MB)
Amazing, I use it on my second PC (which is a potato), great alternative to the Tryhard Pak if you want to get good FPS on Open.

Bring back Rosh! Rosh is still base, he's part of the family. It's like having that weird cousin that won't shut the hell up; they're annoying as hell but they're a part of the family and it's not the same when they're gone.
#FreeRoshPenin2018

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Directions to re-add Rosh:
1. Open the mod file with 7-zip.
2. Open the "models" subfolder
3. Find the rosh_penin folder
4. delete it

i feel grumpy so i'm not gonna upload a roshy version myself. If you make that change and upload a roshless version to Mega.NZ i'll probably add the link to the OP later tho.