Any plans for an RP server using Mod mechanics?

I would love to see this, we have the best foundation for an excellent combat system.

Several maps that serve as planets where the Sith are rising, there are Jedi academies and people progress from apprentice/Padawan.

I think this would be fantastic, any thoughts?

Sorry for wanting to maintain the integrity of the mod and keep its scope centered around its offered game modes.
Don't get me wrong I absolutely love the MB2 developers for their commitment to this mod and the time they spent making new features, models or just simply balancing the game. But intentionally limiting the creativity and talent of the players so tightly, the things that makes a mod like this possible in the first place, seems arbitrary to me. Maybe I'm just stubborn and can't see the negative effects of simply letting us edit a round timer.

Lindsey

Movie Battles II Team
I would love to see this, we have the best foundation for an excellent combat system.

Several maps that serve as planets where the Sith are rising, there are Jedi academies and people progress from apprentice/Padawan.

I think this would be fantastic, any thoughts?

Already tried by another group: Jedi Knight Galaxies mod

Surprise: it's dead. At a certain point all these mods devolved into chat rooms except for mb2 and all died.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Maybe I'm just stubborn and can't see the negative effects of simply letting us edit a round timer.

You can't. You're extremely new to the community and the timer did used to be unlocked. It got locked for a lot of reasons and they are not arbitrary. There are reasons a small mod like this has been able to maintain a reasonable playerbase for 18 years. Part of that is maintaining a standard set of gameplay rules. If you do not keep a standard set of gameplay rules with a community this small, the mod turns into anarchy and people stop playing because everything is different and inconsistent.

Eazy E

Banned
We used to do events back when J and Cult were the largest clans around, that were sorta RP-based (not really though).

We'd do 3-5 map clan battles. Each side would have a "headquarter" map. The first battle would be in the middle map, if J won the next battle would be closer to the Cult Headquarter map (so if it was a 5 map event. The first battle would be on map 3, if J won the next would be map 4, if Cult won the next would be map 2. Map 1 would be the J Headquarters, Map 5 would be Cult).

Once one side captured the other sides headquarter the event would be over with the winning side "controlling all the planets".

There was somewhat of an RP element to it, but it wasn't really done for RP. It was more for the sake of ego (who's the best duelling clan. Unsuprisingly J beat us far more than we beat them). But it was good fun.

We also had locked event servers for our clans and would use spies to find out the passwords of the opposing clans servers and do a 10-15 man raid everytime they had an event (usually near the end of the event, so to let them do whatever they had planned first). It was all in good faith though. Me, SK and Aaron remained friendly, same with all the members of our clans. When we tried to do the same with tryhards like in TIN though they weren't so willing to play along.

I'm sure you could recreate something like that but more fleshed out, if you could find the people for it.

Edit:
As for the clans themselves we incorporated RP stuff into the ranks. J's ranks were Y (Youngling), P (Padawan), K (Knight), M (Master), C (Council). I wouldn't call it entirely RP centered but there was some stuff that aligned with lore such as Knights taking Padawans and training them to pass their trials. Cult was the same but with more ranks and branches (different trials for Open Saberists, Duel, FW and Gunner players). We had promotion and recruitment ceremonies, you were expected to swear an Oath to Marka Ragnos and his Prophets etc...

The RP was, however, not the main focus of either clan. I'd say Cult was more deep in RP than J was but both were mostly just focused on being the best dueling clan, with whatever RP being done just being a secondary thing for fun.

Last edited:
We'd do 3-5 map clan battles. Each side would have a "headquarter" map. The first battle would be in the middle map, if J won the next battle would be closer to the Cult Headquarter map (so if it was a 5 map event. The first battle would be on map 3, if J won the next would be map 4, if Cult won the next would be map 2. Map 1 would be the J Headquarters, Map 5 would be Cult).
That sounds really fun. It has a real possibility of going back and forth and fatigue can play a major role if the two teams are equal in strength.
Was there a particular name for this format?

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
When we tried to do the same with tryhards like in TIN though they weren't so willing to play along.
Maybe if you didnt act like complete tards and target our members and clan, we might've been more willing.

AaronAaron

Donator
We used to do events back when J and Cult were the largest clans around, that were sorta RP-based (not really though).

Once one side captured the other sides headquarter the event would be over with the winning side "controlling all the planets".

There was somewhat of an RP element to it, but it wasn't really done for RP. It was more for the sake of ego (who's the best duelling clan. Unsuprisingly J beat us far more than we beat them). But it was good fun.

We also had locked event servers for our clans and would use spies to find out the passwords of the opposing clans servers and do a 10-15 man raid everytime they had an event (usually near the end of the event, so to let them do whatever they had planned first). It was all in good faith though. Me, SK and Aaron remained friendly, same with all the members of our clans. When we tried to do the same with tryhards like in TIN though they weren't so willing to play along.

I'm sure you could recreate something like that but more fleshed out, if you could find the people for it.

Edit:
As for the clans themselves we incorporated RP stuff into the ranks. J's ranks were Y (Youngling), P (Padawan), K (Knight), M (Master), C (Council). I wouldn't call it entirely RP centered but there was some stuff that aligned with lore such as Knights taking Padawans and training them to pass their trials. Cult was the same but with more ranks and branches (different trials for Open Saberists, Duel, FW and Gunner players). We had promotion and recruitment ceremonies, you were expected to swear an Oath to Marka Ragnos and his Prophets etc...

The RP was, however, not the main focus of either clan. I'd say Cult was more deep in RP than J was but both were mostly just focused on being the best dueling clan, with whatever RP being done just being a secondary thing for fun.
yeah we used to have a lot of fun back then

yeah we used to have a lot of fun back then
roleplay.png

If I ever saw any RP community last longer than a year in any JA mod I'd at least understand the thirst for removing the round timer. But even without the timer the communities don't last. Weird.

fuck roleplay. just give me a map without a timer where I can go to the cantina and queue up for some pazaak against someone.
Want to spend my CR!

- Fred the outcast