Votes: 77 71.3%
  • Redesign

Votes: 19 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
did you read what i said or you are just ignoring it? by no means im saying it make it lvl 0 ez for newcomers, but it shouldnt be a struggle either... stop ruining it! this is why we have a shit system as it is.
sometimes less is more and not the opposite.

What 'ruins' it is when appeasing poor players takes priority over having the most balanced system possible; to reiterate, there is no issue whatsoever in having a system that is hard to excel at, but still open to all (which they traditionally have been if you had put in but a modicum of effort into your dueling).

You can't expect to join a dueling server, with minimal investment in sabering, and trump versus seasoned veterans. That's just dumb, and to me this sounds exactly what you are asking for.

Karus

Donator
i think you kind of lost your train of thought there when you starting calling newcomers "noobs", that you spend a lot of hours over duel servers is by no means putting you in a better position to actually give a proper critique about newcomers without being biased about it, you are just too Good at it that you can give judgement on wether someone is having it easy or not.

and this is the situation we are having, newcomers should be able to actually have it accesible without having to stress themself out about the sabering, not having to spend years to actually understand it, but by no means having it ez lvl 0.

@Tempest idk what you doing but i do hope you are actually giving this sabering system thing a better work than previous builds and you actually think about newcomers and ofc these old players that seems to struggle about change for the best for everyone and not just themself fokin selfish saberist seriously.
Well, newcomers ARE noobs, right? That is the definition of a noob, iirc. Someone who is new to something.
I didn't mean it in a derogatory way.
And, to be fair to myself, I started out the same way. Learned the ropes, got good at the game. My experience with dueling was relatively positive, and from what I have seen, it's been mostly positive for the newer/more recent players (teaching them and seeing their responses is evidence enough for me).
The point I was trying to make in my previous post, was that, despite the skill ceiling, learning the ropes of dueling is NOT that difficult. Becoming exceptionally good at dueling; that's another story.
Whether or not it SHOULD be difficult to become exceptionally good at dueling is the main premise of the argument here, I think.
My personal opinion is that, yes, it should be difficult.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Nothing derogatory about 'noobs', mate; those of us who aren't so fickle and looking for grievance knew what you meant.

What 'ruins' it is when appeasing poor players takes priority over having the most balanced system possible; to reiterate, there is no issue whatsoever in having a system that is hard to excel at, but still open to all - which they always (traditionally) have been if you put in but a modicum of effort.

You can't expect to join a dueling server, with minimal investment in sabering, and trump versus seasoned veterans. That's just dumb, and to me this sounds exactly what you are asking for.

whats dumb is that you gotta have the bar set for lvl 100 to take on "veterans" when it shouldnt be like that at all.
most of the time ping has a thing to do with it as well.
im not saying it (again) make it to be an easy pie for everyone but by no means a system that will frustrate newcomers to the point of not even wanting to invest THEIR time in the game mode at all, this my friend is the sole reason of why the duel system has been only for Veterans in general rather than for everyone to even care and master, yes thats correct, the system is for everyone to try but that doesnt mean everyone will get decent at it, simple because the system is too difficult for people to even try and "master" it while you veterans come and simple "destroy" your opponent because of exploits in most cases, and the of course "dumb disarm saber gimmick" which btw ive said it many times sure it looks cool on theory but its not really that fun when you find a player that abuse of it every single time just because he wanna have fun with it, it breaks the immersion of a duel.
but back on topic, it wouldnt hurt the community to actually have a chance to enjoy a saber system that is actually for everyone and not just for a "select group of people" that got way used to it because they just "can".

Karus

Donator
whats dumb is that you gotta have the bar set for lvl 100 to take on "veterans" when it shouldnt be like that at all.
im not saying it (again) make it to be an easy pie for everyone but by no means a system that will frustrate newcomers to the point of not even wanting to invest THEIR time in the game mode at all, this my friend is the sole reason of why the duel system has been only for Veterans in general rather than for everyone to even care and master, yes thats correct, the system is for everyone to try but that doesnt mean everyone will get decent at it, simple because the system is too difficult for people to even try and "master" it while you veterans come and simple "destroy" your opponent because of exploits in most cases, and the of course "dumb disarm saber gimmick" which btw ive said it many times sure it looks cool on theory but its not really that fun when you find a player that abuse of it every single time just because he wanna have fun with it, it breaks the immersion of a duel.
but back on topic, it wouldnt hurt the community to actually have a chance to enjoy a saber system that is actually for everyone and not just for a "select group of people" that got way used to it because they just "can".
The majority of what you said here is a complete fallacy.
I started dueling in late 2016, on/off for a few years. Now I've become exceptionally good at it. I did not get into "secret groups" of duelists, or try to figure out "exploits". In fact, the majority of current mid-tier's are the one's attempting to do these sorts of things, since they lack mechanical skill or in-depth knowledge about dueling.
Though, with that being said, I am an EU player. Not sure what the case is over in NA. However, that would be a regional issue, meaning that the game is NOT at fault for that, since other regions are not affected in the same way you claim.
And yes, the fact that you join a duel server and get absolutely demolished by a "Veteran" is clear evidence that duel is working as it should.
I would not join an Open server full of Open top-tier's and expect to go even with them.
So why should the case be different for duel?
And, last thing; your arguement seems to suggest that the duel system is based around current top tier duelists, when it is in reality the opposite.
Besides, even if that WAS the case, why is that a bad thing? It's almost as if you're implying that it is impossible to become a top-tier yourself, because there are a set number of skilled duelists already active...?
How this would stop somebody from becoming better, I have no clue.
If anything, it should make you become better at duel faster than others.
If you're frequently fighting top-tier's, you're learning from them.
Unless you have that common toxic mindset; losing = I'm shit at this game and there is no point in playing if I lose.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team

1. Of course you have to set the bar at level 100 to take on veterans: they're fucking veterans; they've been playing the game for years, practicing and fine-tuning their style for ages; you can't expect to join as a noob and contend with them from the get-go. This is pretty basic. I wouldn't suddenly queue for WoW 3V3 Arenas as a new player and expect to be able to hit high MMR with no investment; you need to learn the game, improve your skills, etc. before seeing tangible progress.

2. That's a fallacy. There's been a huge number of new players over the last few years who have got into dueling. I've been dueling for 10+ years, but only very recently got back into it (after a 4/5 year break): the amount of new players is astounding. So just because you can't figure out how to duel, don't assume that the same is true for every player.

3. Ahh, so you're one of those players; calling basic stuff exploits, disarms "dumb gimmicks". There's no point arguing with someone who doesn't want to learn. Protip: learn to swingblock if you want to never ever get disarmed!

4. Anyone can get used to a saber system if you put just a bit of time into it, check out some guides, ask fellow duelists for tips. Pretty basic shit. While I have issues with the current saber system, it is still not incredibly taxing to get to grips with, given time.

5. Your latency issues are indicative of either something wrong on your end (get a better connection), or joining EU servers as a NA player; they have no bearing whatsoever on balance.

This self-deprecating, perpetually-oppressed act is really getting rather boring now.

The majority of what you said here is a complete fallacy.
I started dueling in late 2016, on/off for a few years. Now I've become exceptionally good at it. I did not get into "secret groups" of duelists, or try to figure out "exploits". In fact, the majority of current mid-tier's are the one's attempting to do these sorts of things, since they lack mechanical skill or in-depth knowledge about dueling.
Though, with that being said, I am an EU player. Not sure what the case is over in NA. However, that would be a regional issue, meaning that the game is NOT at fault for that, since other regions are not affected in the same way you claim.
And yes, the fact that you join a duel server and get absolutely demolished by a "Veteran" is clear evidence that duel is working as it should.
I would not join an Open server full of Open top-tier's and expect to go even with them.
So why should the case be different for duel?
fallacy? well i could say the same about your opinion but its your opinion and im not gonna turn it down but question it.
while its fine and all that you got lots of years of experience thats all good and dandy, that doesnt mean you didnt got involved with certain level of players that helped you out raise your skill level, good luck for newcomers right?
ive seen in NA and EU newcomers that simple get rekt by "veterans" and they just quit, because theres no handicap level in here sadly.
and even if there was exploits are still there.
and no you getting demolished by veterans means something is wrong specially for newcomers, they shouldnt be even having to struggle with such problem from the get go just because you know all the tricks there is to be, granted again and ive said it many times : im not requesting there should be a saber system with no skill level, but make it accessible for everyone and not just benefit those in the veteran side (which has happend in the past, why do you think we are in the position we are right now with so many sabering builts?) long ago we had some decent builts but then idk how came up with the idea of keeep changing it and changing it by adding things that are not nescesary you Prostituted it.
Just have a simple but skill required saber system, something with balance, that requires practice but not drive you nuts, that doesnt upset veterans since thats the biggest problem from what i can tell, but that doesnt make it easy on newcomers either, sometime that will make them come back and say "Hey i like this but i need to keep practicing i dont feel discouraged".

if you dont see the bigger picture guys, then keep having your small group of saberist and say why cant we have more people playing this or people to feel encouraged to even try it.. well you already know the answer to that.
i think im done with my point of view and thoughts on the matter no need to continue the discussion, i respect your views but i think you gotta see this better.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
i think im done with my point of view and thoughts on the matter no need to continue the discussion, i respect your views but i think you gotta see this better.

No offence, but you don't have a clue what you're talking about; this is evident in literally everything you've said.

(No doubt I'll get a warning/infraction now for having been incredibly offensive, or something)

Karus

Donator
fallacy? well i could say the same about your opinion but its your opinion and im not gonna turn it down but question it.
while its fine and all that you got lots of years of experience thats all good and dandy, that doesnt mean you didnt got involved with certain level of players that helped you out raise your skill level, good luck for newcomers right?
ive seen in NA and EU newcomers that simple get rekt by "veterans" and they just quit, because theres no handicap level in here sadly.
and even if there was exploits are still there.
and no you getting demolished by veterans means something is wrong specially for newcomers, they shouldnt be even having to struggle with such problem from the get go just because you know all the tricks there is to be, granted again and ive said it many times : im not requesting there should be a saber system with no skill level, but make it accessible for everyone and not just benefit those in the veteran side (which has happend in the past, why do you think we are in the position we are right now with so many sabering builts?) long ago we had some decent builts but then idk how came up with the idea of keeep changing it and changing it by adding things that are not nescesary you Prostituted it.
Just have a simple but skill required saber system, something with balance, that requires practice but not drive you nuts, that doesnt upset veterans since thats the biggest problem from what i can tell, but that doesnt make it easy on newcomers either, sometime that will make them come back and say "Hey i like this but i need to keep practicing i dont feel discouraged".

if you dont see the bigger picture guys, then keep having your small group of saberist and say why cant we have more people playing this or people to feel encouraged to even try it.. well you already know the answer to that.
If noobs quit because they got rekt, that's their own problem. I got rekt PLENTY of times, (countless, actually) and I very rarely decided to rage quit.
That is a mindset issue. If you can't take losing in a video game, good luck getting good at dueling.
Let's exclude duel for a sec, it takes a lot of hard work and patience to get good at this game in general.
If devs decide to make MBII handicap friendly and make everything more simplified, a lot of us would RQ.
Many of us enjoy the game because of how complex it is, BECAUSE it is not completely noob-friendly.
Battlefront 1-2 (EA) are great examples of how simplfying a game can turn an amazing concept/franchise into a shitty, stale mess.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
It just needs to be easy to learn, hard to master. And obviously noobs can't hope to have a chance against veterans, it wouldn't make sense if someone who has played the game for years would get fucked by someone who has played the game for a week. Different skill levels are what make dueling interesting.

AaronAaron

Donator
revert to 1.4.5 or release tempest's patch. its been 3 years since tempest's open beta, this is ridiculous

or or or if stassin has tanked it like the ultimate tank he is, release his patch

Though, with that being said, I am an EU player. Not sure what the case is over in NA.
1582661213233.png

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
better than interrupt fest and swings that hit u when they shouldnt dumb cun7 (the word cun7 is just a friendly insult please do not give me any warning points for this)
Better than the current patch for sure but still bad :anakin-ep3:

Nothing derogatory about 'noobs', mate; those of us who aren't so fickle and looking for grievance knew what you meant.

"Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own.
Noobs are often referred to as n00bs as a sign of DISRESPECT toward them"

"Noob" is short for "newbie", another slang term that comes from the word "new". A noob usually means a bad player in a game, or someone who does not know the rules of a community. Being a noob is usually not a good thing. ... So noob has become an OFFENSIVE term on the internet. "

Don't welcome new players by calling them NOOBS

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
"Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own.
Noobs are often referred to as n00bs as a sign of DISRESPECT toward them"

"Noob" is short for "newbie", another slang term that comes from the word "new". A noob usually means a bad player in a game, or someone who does not know the rules of a community. Being a noob is usually not a good thing. ... So noob has become an OFFENSIVE term on the internet. "

Don't welcome new players by calling them NOOBS

I've always thought that new beginner (newb) is horribly pleonastic. Noob is nice and straightforward and rolls off the tongue and is also further removed from the original meaning of "new beginner". So in my mind, noob > newb.

Status
Not open for further replies.