Votes: 12 11.1%
  • Update to Tempest's build

Votes: 77 71.3%
  • Redesign

Votes: 19 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to visit the site to download the game. There is a huge database of knowledge on this forum. I'd guess that 95% of the people who play this game know that the forum exists, but regardless, they do not care about it because as you said, they would rather focus on the game.
Which leads me to your next statement, the fact that nobody is enjoying the mod.

So, why focus on a game that you aren't enjoying? Why not visit the forum to see what exactly is going on with this game that they are not enjoying, or rather, finding it hard to enjoy due to how absolutely brainless it is starting to become? You don't have to be a veteran to realize there are currently some deep problems with how this game is played currently.
The saber system is an especially huge problem, as there is literally no indication of how to be good or bad at this build. It's a mess that is not fun to play and I'd have more enjoyment dueling a chimpanzee with pool noodles.

With the community poll being in mind, wouldn't the next step be to make the game more enjoyable to the average player?
Regardless of how many people or the types of people voting on this poll, it is still a poll. It is meant to bring forth the idea of change to devs that are making increasingly questionable decisions over the years. I never met her personally, but I quite miss Viserys.

Regardless, again, if the numbers and the "bias" of the poll are the problem, then I don't see the point in not telling random friends you met on this game about it. That's why I came over, someone told me about this whole debacle that's going on. Also, it's incredibly counterproductive to be against veterans that have put so much time and love into learning this game and all of its caveats pushing for changes that could only be positive to the longevity of this game and mod that's older than my sister.

That being said, your post is slightly confusing to me anyway, because what I took from it was "Only a few people are voting. People who care a lot about this game and want to have fun with it, but it's bad in its current state. But that's a problem, because people who don't care about the game as much aren't voting because they don't care about the game because it's bad in its current state."

Now, once again, as I mentioned in my first post. This game has been a huge part of my life. I love it a lot. It was part of my childhood. It was a part of my teenage years. It pulled me out of my edgy teenage depression after a family member I was very close to passed, over the course of 4 years. Watching this game go the same way that they did, slowly withering away until you don't even recognize it anymore is not something I want to witness happen to this game that I love.

Nothing I've posted is out of hatred or dislike or anything else for the development team or anyone else. When I said casual players earlier, I did not mean it as a derogatory term. You can enjoy this game as a casual player just like how you can enjoy Mordhau and the like as a casual player. I just want to see this game flourish again like it has for years before the past couple. I'm just tired of watching the same thing happen over and over, Kim. Something's gotta change. Even Yamcha has his limits.

Also yes, I realize full well it is silly to compare a game to something of that nature. But it means a lot to me, and I'm sure it means a lot to many of the other veterans too. I cannot be the only one who grew up on this, fell in love with it and has no desire for it to whittle away into what it currently appears to be.

i understand where you are coming from and i understand why you say people should care about the forum and coming over to take part on this voting, problem is most of the people as i said before only care to go to the main site to download the game nothing else, have you seen the ammount of ppl that comes over to the forum? its only the same people that post around the same vets, the same old players, i dont think ive seen a *casual* player come over and post things over the forums with a slight exceptions very few.

with that being stated there needs to be a change of approach to the community so you can get them to care and express their opinions, thoughts, feelings, views about the mod. Otherwise you are just having the same cycle that we are going through " a few voting for changes, fixes, rollbacks" which again i dont think it shows the actual opinion of the whole community: ive seen people commenting in the game saying that they dont like the saber system, they wish it could be more intuitive, flexible, easy to grasp on but not nescesary EZ as others assume.
there has to be a balance between complexity and flexibility and easyness to the player new or vet, otherwise you are just having an stressful and overexploited system which it tends to happen with vets, unlike with newplayers or casuals that gets frustrated and decide to quit completely.
#Inbefore GIT GUD.
that mentality is cancer.

trust me when i say i care about this mod, the community and i wish for better thing for everyone involved, enjoyment and actually having fun.
but as in right now we are not in that wishful situation.
maybe someday right?

:cantina: maybe someday.

shea conn

Account Suspended
i understand where you are coming from and i understand why you say people should care about the forum and coming over to take part on this voting, problem is most of the people as i said before only care to go to the main site to download the game nothing else, have you seen the ammount of ppl that comes over to the forum? its only the same people that post around the same vets, the same old players, i dont think ive seen a *casual* player come over and post things over the forums with a slight exceptions very few.

with that being stated there needs to be a change of approach to the community so you can get them to care and express their opinions, thoughts, feelings, views about the mod. Otherwise you are just having the same cycle that we are going through " a few voting for changes, fixes, rollbacks" which again i dont think it shows the actual opinion of the whole community: ive seen people commenting in the game saying that they dont like the saber system, they wish it could be more intuitive, flexible, easy to grasp on but not nescesary EZ as others assume.
there has to be a balance between complexity and flexibility and easyness to the player new or vet, otherwise you are just having an stressful and overexploited system which it tends to happen with vets, unlike with newplayers or casuals that gets frustrated and decide to quit completely.
#Inbefore GIT GUD.
that mentality is cancer.

trust me when i say i care about this mod, the community and i wish for better thing for everyone involved, enjoyment and actually having fun.
but as in right now we are not in that wishful situation.
maybe someday right?

:cantina: maybe someday.
Have you ever considered actually trying out the saber system

Last edited:
While I haven't been around in awhile, I keep seeing friends of mine talk about this whole thing pretty often lately, so I figured I'd log back in to this silly site that I haven't been on in ages to chime in on this silly problem over a silly game that I don't even really play anymore. Granted, I haven't read most of this thread as I really just intend to type up all of my feelings on this matter.

The current sabering build is a problem. It is a large problem. It is not good. It is not entertaining, it is not intuitive in the slightest, and I might as well have more fun sabering on Battlefront 2. That is not a good sign. I could explain why, but that would be lengthy and I really don't care to as I don't play this game anymore (for now, and for obvious reasons) and I haven't had it installed in months.

Tempest's build was the last I played of this game, and it was fun. There were problems, but that is to be expected with a work in progress. There were things that could be tweaked to be simpler for the casual player and the like, but it was good, it was responsive, it made you FEEL good, like the things that you were doing correctly rewarded you in a way that showed to both players. You could tell what you were doing wrong, and you could tell what you were doing right. The current build does not have that. He spent a LOT of time working on it, and to throw most of it into the trash is beyond ignorance as the majority of people who actually saber find it to be a very sizable improvement over the current trash that whoever plays this game is forced to endure.

Sure, the more casual players might not enjoy it to the same degree that people who saber often do. But learning has always been part of the fun of this game for me, and it's why I like competitive games. If you want simple sabering mechanics, really, why wouldn't you just play any other Star Wars game? If you can't stand how difficult dueling is and don't want to spend time learning it, either play gunner or play a different game. There's no point in ruining the fun for dedicated players. You can have a complex game that still has an active playerbase full of memey lads that just like to have fun. Look at Mordhau or Chivalry for an example. There are plenty of players on those two games that aren't great but they have a grand time playing regardless, and goof around in Frontline on occasion just like how we do in Open. Yet they're still allowed to have a decent playerbase with a complex, skill-based combat system that is easy for a lot of people to enjoy in both Frontline and Duel. Why is that something that we seem to not be allowed to have?

None of this is being said with gunners in mind, as that is an entirely different subject, but if the intent is to make the playerbase only play open due to the gunplay being somewhat decent and dueling utter trash then again, why not just play Battlefront 2? This is said from a relatively unbiased standpoint, as I really, really don't like BF2 that much and I rarely play it.

I'm sorry Kimmy but this is also ignorance. There are more players in the community, but this is a community poll. It should be taken seriously, and if you're against how the results are turning out maybe you should try getting more casual players or the like to look at the forums and vote as well. Most of the people who care about the game and the future of the mechanics will at least browse the forums. The ones who don't just meme in open, and don't really put too much thought into what happens with the saber system.

Now then, I'll go back into my little goblin hole until there's an actual decent update that doesn't just involve a tutorial or bug fixes that occasionally and ironically introduce more problems.

edit: tl;dr revert or tempest's build please, i just want to have fun coming back to a game that i've loved for years and spent so much time enjoying and learning. i do not trust the current dev team aside from tempest to redesign the saber system to a point where it's enjoyable. look at how it is now, to an extent gunning is fun, there are definite improvements that could be made just like with everything else but playing this game just to pew pew in a star wars universe... there's so many different options, this game is one of a kind when it comes to a lot of things. I just want to have fun again.
Lets just do this already! ps hi tak

Hmm. When I joined CB, I tried to get as good as I could in MB2. Vets inspired me to get on THEIR skill level. Sadly I would never be able to have the Strength, Courage or Inspiration to do it with the current patch. I've recently played mb2 and all I saw were noobs. The people that actually were trying in the match WEREN'T even vets. The small community that actually voted for the poll want a change. I mean hell, it definitely seems barely anybody is enjoying this mod. So for god's sake give Tempest a chance and put the patch through. :D

Hmm. When I joined CB, I tried to get as good as I could in MB2. Vets inspired me to get on THEIR skill level. Sadly I would never be able to have the Strength, Courage or Inspiration to do it with the current patch. I've recently played mb2 and all I saw were noobs. The people that actually were trying in the match WEREN'T even vets. The small community that actually voted for the poll want a change. I mean hell, it definitely seems barely anybody is enjoying this mod. So for god's sake give Tempest a chance and put the patch through. :D
straight facts bro

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
1572220180771.png

bad news this poll doesnt matter :-(

View attachment 3905
bad news this poll doesnt matter :-(
I'm not sure what the context of this is, but while the "poll" or the "votes" may not matter to you, the opinions of the people that play this game certainly should. Being a lead developer or part of the development team does not make you or your decisions for this game's future immune to criticism.

If you're that desperate for the game to die already, continue down this path of "wel who caer bot the opinions of the forumz lel". Community discussions and the feedback section might as well not exist if you're going to stick your head so far into the ground that you can't hear the overwhelming vocal majority saying "hey, there's something that's maybe wrong here, do something about it", @Defiant. It's a niche game with a few hundred players, and you're a lead developer. Think about what you're saying before you do so.

Again, this is said without full context in mind as I'm not in the MB2 discord for obvious reasons, but I do not like what I saw at all.

Last edited:
uwu whuts thiys? Another poww that wiww be ignyowed but shouwd be wistenyed to? wets be sewious if thew buiwd is weady why nyot, it wouwd be a wayste uf tyme if youwu dowont. <3

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
of course it doesnt lol, doesnt even represent the entire opinion of the community, BUT that doesnt mean it really doesnt mean something.
it means that the playerbase/community is asking for a change of approach in this situation @Defiant

What isnt shown in Hessu's screenshot is where about two lines later i say the vote is more like a petition. I've seen it. I've listened. All i am saying is putting Tempests build out just to change the people who are complaining isnt sufficent justification. If (And notice the if there) we are going to redesign the saber system we have to stop developing the current one at some point because we dont have the people to maintain two systems at once.

What isnt shown in Hessu's screenshot is where about two lines later i say the vote is more like a petition. I've seen it. I've listened. All i am saying is putting Tempests build out just to change the people who are complaining isnt sufficent justification. If (And notice the if there) we are going to redesign the saber system we have to stop developing the current one at some point because we dont have the people to maintain two systems at once.
Wait why cant we just get what has been made, while you guys work on what you want to work on. If the build is fun for a lot of people it will be a success. There IS LITERALLY nothing to lose in this situation. Props to Rosh+ by the way.

this is a better clarification from what heshit posted, well said Defi.
a redesign is the way to go forward from now on.

eShuma

EU Official Server Admin
So.
As new player who only expirienced 1.5.4 patch I'm okay with the current state of dueling but it has problems like infinite parrys. I really would like to see how dueling was in previous builds and how it looks in Tempests build.

If veterans doesn't play duel mode and new players wouldn't notice any difference and as many people say this patch is shit and releasing new build wont make it any worse so why bother. Just release it or make an open beta atleast.

I think it's going to be easier to develop this mod with feedback of community.

Also it would be a good time to work on ui and tutorials as you devs wouldn't be bothered with complains about dueling and working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.