Am I wrong? If yes, sorry

Hello together

From the point of view of a passionate ARC trooper:

I kind of feel that there's something wrong with the clone weapons.

Maybe I'm completely wrong, but I noticed that the Clone Pistols needs up to 7 shots against a 100/100 until they go to 0.
I somehow have the feeling that 7 shots are just too much, even if there is no headshot underneath.

Minimum 4 are necessary. (Headshots(3)+1 Random)

Is this intended?

Also, it seems to me that the speed of the M5 sniper shots is somehow not right. As if they are simply normal CP shots that simply do more harm (x1.75 of a normal shot). That doesn't make sense with a sniper duel.

Yes, the M5 sniper has a bigger magazine but that doesn't make it a sniper weapon.

It is really damn difficult to act as a supporter with a sniper (or Mando with the 2nd ee-fire mode) if you want to support a Jedi v Sith. Because the speed of the bloce simply takes too long to reach the target.

What is your opinion? Am I completely mistaken?

Another question: A Sith was hit by the effect of a Sonic grenade and "keeps his ears closed", is it also thought here that he can still fend off passive shots? when the right mouse button is not pressed?

I had one recently when I wanted to snipe away an affected one with the M5.

cheers

ULLR

PS: English is not my mother tongue, forgive any grammatical mistakes.

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
I do agree that the clone pistol is under powered. Although its strength lies in the bouncing ability, on its own in a fight it's weak. M5 on the other hand I feel is fine as it is, yeah sure the sniper shots don't do crazy damage but you don't have to change mode like with the EE-3. You can also shoot it instantly when scoped in. Sure you can achieve the same with EE-3 if you script but that's beside the point.

Another question: A Sith was hit by the effect of a Sonic grenade and "keeps his ears closed", is it also thought here that he can still fend off passive shots? when the right mouse button is not pressed?
If they are hit by a sonic grenade, holding block doesn't help.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
m5 also has more sniper shots before reload

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
The sniper is pretty damn good if you use it as a hybrid mid-range weapon rather than a stationary long range sniper. You gotta move around and dominate with scoping and wallrun etc and be active, then it can be extremely powerful. I agree with you on the clone pistols for arc. They feel underwhelming and M5 just feels like a better choice all the time. Tbh same goes for mando EE3 over westars. There was a time when westars were the trademark of mando and you'd play westars + proj or smth like that.

It might have something to do with dual pistols inherently being a bit wonky in how they shoot, but I wouldn't mind seeing clone pistols and westars be slightly tweaked so they are a more compelling choice, rather than the meta always being m5/ee3.

dodge works against cp3. is this intended? then i need 7 shots becaus dodge wont let me hit the head

Fang

Donator
-Dodge works so long as you face the shot, if they bounce from behind them they cannot
UNLESS
they were shot from the front and the timing of your bounce shot is the same. Dodge gives them invulnerability if the front shot causes the animation to dodge

I don't know if I think arc pistol underpowered, I started using them and they are op when it comes to harassment for snipers sitting on other end.
Arcs just blow at cqc IMO, I despise the CP's left and right shit.

Westar m5 I like but i despise the mag reload animation still and the sniper mode eats too much ammo

Melee Mando

Internal Beta Team
Arcs just blow at cqc IMO
Gotta disagree. The clone pistols aren't great for CQC because of the left/right thing as you mentioned, but ARCs do just fine overall. If you need to gain distance to shoot them, do the mega dex roll. If you're cornered (though, you can usually roll around them), you can usually do a flip or wallrun over their head, and follow that up with a roll. If you decide you don't want to shoot them, switch to melee and legsweep. Unless the sith is smart enough to crouch (they usually don't, unless they know how you play and are expecting it) you'll knock them down and buy yourself some time to do whatever.

today is the day. i finish my playing time as an arc-trooper. reasons are mentioned above.
i know it's not really interesting for anyone (maybe Appo).
after 5 years as an arc-trooper it just doesn't make sense anymore to play this 1-life class with the dmg output of the weapons.

also don't see any institutions doing anything or analyzing anything - so i see the time as an arc-player as wasted, if the class and its nerf results in the loss of fun.

cheer a retired arc

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
also don't see any institutions doing anything or analyzing anything

Were a very small team with very limited resources. We definitely want to do upgrades/changes to many classes, but we can't exactly do them as fast as full paid dev teams. Were pretty slow. We're still watching.

oh, that was not meant in any way! you do a better job than various aaa devs. keep it up!

But i'm convinced that the comments (maybe not in this thread) that suggest that the arc should be even more nerfed will get the same focus as my circumstances. whether cqc or meele was not the content of my threads but the weapons themselves. this also applies to the clone trooper cr weapon

in the current state, and are we honest - for the fact that the arcs have only 3 weapons, they were reconfigured up, down, left and right. apart from the topic stamina drain.. for the fact that arc should be as op as they were reconfigured in contrast to the equipment options - i rarely see the class itself represented, at most one arc with a rocket launcher occurs at mb2_smuggler often.

just wanted to announce with this thread that i'm no longer satisfied with the current state - in which way the "evolution" of the class itself since 1.1 is emerging with the weapons.

the irony of customizing saber deflect, in which the fb drain from x to y, has the immense impact on those classes that are bound to the fire rate and simply can't get the cadence of the shots down the fb even after 3 cp3 magazines. not like an e11 or a t21. (this is no reproach, only fact)

it almost feels like i am on my way with a water pistol and try to extinguish a plasma driven sword.

only one mistake in the defense of the sith leads to a hit and I have to make at least 3 hits, otherwise i don't get the necessary damage to get his hp to 0.

well, everything is at the top.

PS: new mb2_dotf looks nice but the walls and shapes of the walls are the horror for a dex arc

Last edited:
Clone pistols are fine for the most part, the issue is that goddamn convergence. Makes them 'effing painful to use at closer ranges. They are absolutely spot on damage wise though, technically higher DPS than the M5, and the bounce feature is great once you practice it. Absolutely terrifies passive sith players.

The only change I'd make to the pistols is the same I'd make to all dual pistols - replace toggling the firemode from both pistols to one pistol with adjusting the convergence at closer ranges, so you can switch firing arcs depending on whether you want to target someone at long range or close range. Having them split the way they do now means that they are super clunky to use up close.

As far as sniper goes, I still hold the view that the only sniper weapon in MB2's open mode should be the projectile rifle, with the others being reworked to fit more into the standard gunner meta. Snipers should also receive significant damage decreases on bodyshot, only being worth using if you can land those headshots. Goddamn things are the epitome of cheese.

ARC as a class itself doesn't need any changes though, it's in a damn fine spot at the moment. Things like the PLX being useless once the enemy deploys a sith with push is fine, in the same way an SBD is mostly useless if you have an ARC with EMPs and a Jedi to run it down.

Last edited:
but the EMP nades are so expensive :(
10PTS eq M5 (base) or not.

I think the issue with EMPs in general is that classes like SBD & Deka are both due for a rework, I'd rather wait and leave EMPs as they are for those classes to be reworked around than messing with them only to have to change them again later.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I think the issue with EMPs in general is that classes like SBD & Deka are both due for a rework, I'd rather wait and leave EMPs as they are for those classes to be reworked around than messing with them only to have to change them again later.

Yep, this is how it will be done. Rework first, then make adjustments.

Also, I would like to make improvements to DOTF, and even other maps in terms of arc dex movement capabilities. Appo should be able to help me a lot there when the time comes.

Yep, this is how it will be done. Rework first, then make adjustments.

Also, I would like to make improvements to DOTF, and even other maps in terms of arc dex movement capabilities. Appo should be able to help me a lot there when the time comes.

sure thing, can message me whenever - i'm always happy to show off my movement x)

SBD due for a rework
SBD is mostly useless

TRIGGER LEVEL :: MAXIMUM

dbor7bv-cce06df1-a760-4764-81c7-c458d16dcf14.gif

Goliath Shares A Year Long Journey

Leave your useless 'reworks' for the lightsabers. Do not touch my SBD, filthy casuals.

Last edited: