•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Always launches as standard JKA

For some reason, of which I have no idea, the game always launches as the regular jedi academy base game, I'm running it through steam, and I'm pretty sure I downloaded it properly, when I go to the server list the list has movie battles servers and standard servers as well, when I try joining a movie battles server it makes me spectator and has scrambled letters for some reason, then it exits the server I'm in and jumps to the movie battles 2 menu, same thing repeats when I try joining another server, base JKA servers work fine though, anyone have an idea why this might be happening to me? (also I did try and check the compatability with steam with the launcher afterwards, but it was accidentally closed during the download and refuses to open, it says the application is already running whenever I try to open it, and I also cant delete it for some weird reason)

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
So how exactly you start Movie Battles?
You must do it with MBII Launcher, not Steam launcher, or use special command line parameters and keep MBII Launcher running in background, at least.

Also,
MBII Launcher => Settings => check "Enable logging" => Repair installation.
Post latest log from "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs" here.

Right-click on "Jedi Academy" => Properties => Security => give yourself all possible permissions, including all subfolders.
Delete files "cgamex86.dll", "jampgamex86.dll", "uix86.dll" from these folders:
  • "Jedi Academy\GameData"
  • "Jedi Academy\GameData\base"
  • "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII"
Start MBII Launcher, change engine to jamp, click Play
What happens now? Did file uix86.dll have appear in "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII"?

okay I did basically everything you said, and managed to find a way to open up the MBII launcher, and apparently the steam int. wasn't checked, geez, I wasted your time, well, at least it works I guess, thanks