Adding a gradual fade period to Mind-Trick?

My problem with this is mainly that MT can be used super offensively, as soon as a Jedi uses it, they're gone, which leaves the opposition guessing.
I feel it would lessen the impact if they added a 0.5 second fade-away period where the MT user vanishes gradually as opposed to instantly, would promote less Jedi to rush with it and use it more as an ambush weapon which I feel like it is supposed to be.

Thoughts? Yay? Nay? Torches and Pitchforks?!

I will admit though my judgement is clouded due to saltiness, but I feel it's worth discussing about it.

EDIT: I've come to agree that MT in it's current iteration doesn't need my suggestion as it would basically cut it's efficiency by a whopping 12.5%, which is not good.

Last edited:
Holy **** M@crobyte you're a genius. I'm gonna laugh my ass so hard when I use that build.

I've seen several people use it. So, I can't pretend that I came up with the idea. It sounds like fun tho. Usually, when I go jedi/sith it means a lot of people are about to die. Going to try having some fun with it.

MT can be very useful in situations where you can cast it on an enemy without them actually realizing it. And as I said earlier, it has an incredible mental effect on many players, they panic when they just hear the noise. You can screw with the enemy in so many ways even if you don't run at them right after turning invisible and try to kill them. Wanna deny a sith from going past you? Well just focus, MT, and watch them flail their saber around hoping to hit you (assuming they don't have sense).

Other than the counter features, if there's not a horrible shitstorm of blaster fire going on, you can listen to their footsteps and just fire at their general direction.

Mt lasts only 4 seconds. I'd love to have that time doubled when in melee and switching out to hilt(in that case) would bring you out of mt.

To be fair, is it fair to be able to push while you mindtricked someone? Should lock out the ability to push while Mind Trix'ing.

What this does:
Gunner doesn't have to walk:)
Gunners knows jedi cant push in mt, mt lasts 4 seconds, now he has to guess where and how the jedi will approach and vice versa for jedi.

In that scenario - remove the mt warning sound:)

I tried a mt force repulse build. Not as effective as I thought it'd be. You have to be really close for repulse to have that killing power it seems.

Never. The warning sound is one thing that can give you any chance of survival against a jedi who MTs from where you can't see them.
Could be solved if you make MT require line of sight... But otherwise, I agree.

MT require line of sight

I don't agree with this either because MTing people from where they can't see you allows the MTer to make use of an opponent's mistake in not focusing and listening to the audial cues like the warning sound or footsteps, jump noise, landing noise, etc. It would limit the use of MT to a simple 4 second invisible walk of panic.

The way MT is right now is just wonderfully versatile compared to what it used to be, even though I disliked the changes at first.

That would make MT pretty useless.
In the unlikely scenario that the warning sound is removed, I don't necessarily think so.. It'd just require Jedi to be a lot more sneaky, and require gunners to be a lot more aware of their surroundings, hopefully spot the Jedi before he MT's and warn the team about it, and it wouldn't really change how people use it currently, when they rush someone with MT if they already have been seen.

Now I don't see this ever happening, but fun to discuss regardless.