Actual dueling system

Wouldn't it be possible to have a dueling system similar to base jka?
By that I mean, like pressing the use key on a target to be able to duel him/her, while being unkillable by other players that try to lame or to interrupt duels
The duel could only last about 3 minutes or so, so that your opponent doesn't ruin the round for you by running away and being a troll

This is just a proposition, if it's shit, just say so :)

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
I've known he is either a troll or incredibly retarded from the very beginning. I just enjoy shoving my fist up his ass, why is that so wrong?

your sig is literally "current update sucks, and the devs are assholes" and every post is just a hamfisted attempt to draw every discussion back to 1.4 dueling

how is your account still alive

Who cares? I've only ever seen him twice and all mouth, little else. The sheer amount of slobber...
And now, from what I understand, he's playing 1.3?
More isolated than certain inbred euros:) You know who you are!

It's like bro, do you even play.:D

It'd break immersion!

Regarding rolling back to V1.3, can we do this for V1.0 pls?

There I fixed it for you. I can 2v1 and 3v1 better in 1.4 than in 1.3.
I feel like you are much more viable to being sliced through your side and back in a 2v1 on 1.4 that on 1.3. You definitely are punished more for turning your back against someone for even a sliver of a second in 1.4.

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Never played it, but it cannot be worse than 1.4. Everything is so boring in 1.4, all the styles feel the same. Just bleh. I'd support 1.0 revert.

If I remember correctly, 1.0 was the build right before cyan and purple were introduced to open mode. :p
There were also no saber vs saber perks
troll-face-meme-smiley-emoticon.gif

And there was nudge

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
If I remember correctly, 1.0 was the build right before cyan and purple were introduced to open mode. :p

Sounds as boring as 1.4, though it'd probably work better, at the very least. Perks are fine, as long as they aren't ridiculous, like Yellow's perk. I'd honestly prefer mechanic perks.

Like for instance, if we reverted back to 1.3, you could nerf duals to being more defensive, less spammy, nerf the kick/stab, then you could give it the perfect-counter from 1.4, so it can attack/defend at the same time, like it should. That'd be fun.

Ah but how could I forget, all classes must be asymmetrical, but all sabers must be identical shittier versions of yellow.

But really, aren't sabers just blaster bolts that come from different angles and that can rebound off each other while being limited by range:)

Now, if you've never played the build, don't assume. Personally, I thought 1.3 was shit purely for them making it an arcade blocking system. While I consider 1.4 a step up I still say the previous blocking system that we used for...the better part of mb's life, was much better.

I'm sure Staci will blow up with her randomized, overly dramatic, prone to hyperbolic hyperventilating argument again but nothing will ever compare to the feel that the full control of your saber gave you.

Saber location blocking and attacks ftw!
To forestall, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

B15 sabers were best - crouch duels.
B16 sabers 2nd best - no slap, fast speed, buggy hit detection.
Rc1 - what we should have stopped at - That remains to this day, that area of time for me of my most fun, vivid? and engrossing duels?

Yeah, sometimes 5 minutes would end in a draw but if ever there was a time it was ok to be a zombie.
Dat was it.

@the OP.

That's been suggested several times over the years.
They either haven't gotten around to it because:

They on drugs.
It's too messy with the code.
Procrastinate:)

Last edited:
There's always ojp. :)

I will say that the saber system went from being fluid to....what it is now. Too many breaks and 2many broken animations.
Need some motion capture technology. And every time I say those words I think of mb3 and that mofo vampire.

And wildebeest, the abandoner:)

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
There's always ojp. :)

I will say that the saber system went from being fluid to....what it is now. Too many breaks and 2many broken animations.
Need some motion capture technology. And every time I say those words I think of mb3 and that mofo vampire.

And wildebeest, the abandoner:)

The animations are fine, the problem is that for some reason the attacks speed up to ludicrous speed once you hit someone with a combo, or half swing, which suddenly looks broken.