Actual dueling system

Wouldn't it be possible to have a dueling system similar to base jka?
By that I mean, like pressing the use key on a target to be able to duel him/her, while being unkillable by other players that try to lame or to interrupt duels
The duel could only last about 3 minutes or so, so that your opponent doesn't ruin the round for you by running away and being a troll

This is just a proposition, if it's shit, just say so :)

But both players would have to press use to begin the duel, not just one
That would already improve the servers a bit, don't you think?

i can't fathom a way to abuse this if you have the ja+ invisible during duel and a concede system

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
This is a good idea and we've had a suggestion like this before. I'm all for it being implemented, would be nice to duel in peace. Basically like force-ghosts you would pass through others that aren't in your duel. That would also make smaller duel maps viable for bigger servers instead of just duel_dotf all the time. Great idea, implement plix.

Only on the duel gamemode, not open mode. I thought you might be referring to using this on open mode, it would be a disaster if that happened.

There's a duel map called "duel training" which as rooms to which only 2 players can teleport to duel in peace.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Wouldn't it be possible to have a dueling system similar to base jka?
By that I mean, like pressing the use key on a target to be able to duel him/her, while being unkillable by other players that try to lame or to interrupt duels
The duel could only last about 3 minutes or so, so that your opponent doesn't ruin the round for you by running away and being a troll

This is just a proposition, if it's shit, just say so :)

In 1.3, before they ruined the saber system, I enjoyed 2v1s and 3v1s quite regularly. This type of system would make it impossible to get a good 2v1/3v1 except in open, and then you'd just get interrupted by a kill-happy gunner.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
In 1.3, before they ruined the saber system, I enjoyed 2v1s and 3v1s quite regularly. This type of system would make it impossible for me to get a good 2v1/3v1 except in open, and then I just get interrupted by a kill-happy gunner.

There I fixed it for you. I can 2v1 and 3v1 better in 1.4 than in 1.3.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
There I fixed it for you. I can 2v1 and 3v1 better in 1.4 than in 1.3.

Right then, so with a system that would make it so you have to request a duel from someone, that would limit laming/anyone else interrupting, then it would become 1v1s only, and you wouldn't be able to 2v1. Oh, but I'm sure you're so good Sev, you could find a way around that system. Oh right, and I'm sure *I* am the only one who would be interrupted in a duel in open by gunners. Here is a funny thought, maybe I was replying to that person I quoted, and giving a reason why his idea of a dueling system wouldn't be ideal for me.

Sev, your false-sense of elitism and arrogance are blinding you again.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeV

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Right then, so with a system that would make it so you have to request a duel from someone, that would limit laming/anyone else interrupting, then it would become 1v1s only, and you wouldn't be able to 2v1. Oh, but I'm sure you're so good Sev, you could find a way around that system. Oh right, and I'm sure *I* am the only one who would be interrupted in a duel in open by gunners. Here is a funny thought, maybe I was replying to that person I quoted, and giving a reason why his idea of a dueling system wouldn't be ideal for me.

Sev, your false-sense of elitism and arrogance are blinding you again.

Mustn't feed the troll... mustn't....
but...

One does not simply duel in open mode o.o Also, here's a funny thought. Your issue with this idea is that you can't get lamed while dueling, so you think it's bad.

"Mommy, someone has invented a method by which you can 1v1 duel people without getting interrupted and lamed by a bunch of retarded kids."

"Oh I see. The idea prevents me from being lamed, so it is a bad idea."

Dat logic kappa kappa.

your false-sense of elitism and arrogance are blinding you again.
EfLPiAfA_B4.jpg
You are english very god.

Last edited:

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
#GIPHY POPCORN

Please don't let that stop you, MOAR PLZ, MOAR DRAMA I CAN'T STOP READING IT

Kind of retarded and biased. I have gun duels:) all the time only for a herd of push spamming saber queers come and interrupt my dance of the blasters.
In fact, it happens all the time!

And considering any honor fag that wants to duel in open, can still do so. How you ask?

Well...It's amazing what you can do with jump 3, sense and a large map.
There's always some retards off in some remote corner of the map dragging out the round playing pokey with each other while the team fights for the round win. Or loss. Even worse when theres multiple honor fags who wait for one guy dueling to finish only for their turn to come up.

As a priority, once it becomes a noticed circumstance, firing a rocket or throwing a grenade is only a matter of common sense. You want to wait for him to be comboing. And its better to it from behind your jedi/sith so that they cant push it. You're teammate will understand.

Which reminds me...is it possible to neutralize tk points so long as an enemy is killed within 4 seconds of the tk:)

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Mustn't feed the troll... mustn't....
but...

One does not simply duel in open mode o.o Also, here's a funny thought. Your issue with this idea is that you can't get lamed while dueling, so you think it's bad.

There are duels in open mode.

"Mommy, someone has invented a method by which you can 1v1 duel people without getting interrupted and lamed by a bunch of retarded kids."

And my point is that it would harm the ability to have 2v1s/3v1s in duel mode, which I rather enjoy.

"Oh I see. The idea prevents me from being lamed, so it is a bad idea."

Dat logic kappa kappa.

You appear to be missing context. That isn't what I'm worried about, I'm saying it is a give and take. A lesson for life Sev, just because someone has a specific part of a package they dislike, doesn't mean you can shove the rest of the package in their face to make them feel better.

EfLPiAfA_B4.jpg
You are english very god.

I saw the typo, but since it takes about 7 minutes for this website to work properly for some reason, I didn't bother to correct it.

dude its an optional feature, have you never played base?

you dont need to enter the duel phase to duel people

every time you post its always some confrontational bullshit that weaves in how much you hate 1.4 when it has no relevance whatsoever. its wonderful that you found a way to complain about 1.4 dueling in a topic where it has literally nothing to do with the saber system at all, well done

dude its an optional feature, have you never played base?

you dont need to enter the duel phase to duel people

every time you post its always some confrontational bullshit that weaves in how much you hate 1.4 when it has no relevance whatsoever. its wonderful that you found a way to complain about 1.4 dueling in a topic where it has literally nothing to do with the saber system at all, well done

What's worse is that people actually engage him. Have people learned nothing from the past two months of his posting?

Perhaps Achilles is a troll, or maybe just obstinate about his views on dueling. Either way, time and time again people argue with him over a viewpoint he will never change, destroying any chance at an honest discussion of sabering. How many threads need to be derailed before people get the hint?

Preston

Nerd
What's worse is that people actually engage him. Have people learned nothing from the past two months of his posting?

Perhaps Achilles is a troll, or maybe just obstinate about his views on dueling. Either way, time and time again people argue with him over a viewpoint he will never change, destroying any chance at an honest discussion of sabering. How many threads need to be derailed before people get the hint?
It took me awhile, but I finally gave up like 2 weeks ago