A Suggestion

Sammy

Master of Whispers
Donator
Deflectable Lightning

Maybe lightning should be deflectable, and do more than usual lightning damage to the caster who is being aimed at?

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Maybe lightning should be deflectable, and do more than usual lightning damage to the caster who is being aimed at?
I'd rather have it modify the caster's character model, covering it in wrinkles and giving an evil look.

Meh.

I always thought anyone that died from lightning should have their corpse smoke and spark while being a little charred.
And lightning...should set fire to wooks if concentrated on them long enough! All that fur, hell, throw a blanket on them and let the static do its work for you!
And grip 3, should at least slow wooks down or make them vulnerable to push/pull from a secondary sith, teamwork ftw!

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Deflectable Lightning

Sev: This is more of a learn to play issue. You need to get good.

I actually suggested this a while ago in my thread of 'Possible changes to fix 1.3 that could have been done but weren't' thread. Too bad all of these things are l2p issues.

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I actually suggested this a while ago in my thread of 'Possible changes to fix 1.3 that could have been done but weren't' thread. Too bad all of these things are l2p issues.
Deflectable lightning is a possible way to fix 1.3 ?

tha
Sev: This is more of a learn to play issue. You need to get good.

thats rich coming from you who does nothing but complain about things tat have nothing wrong with them cant you just do us all a favour and leave and never return

tha

thats rich coming from you who does nothing but complain about things tat have nothing wrong with them cant you just do us all a favour and leave and never return
Stop feeding him and use the ignore feature like the rest of us.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Deflectable lightning is a possible way to fix 1.3 ?

Well you see, my dear, sweet, friendly Stassin... I suggested it along with a plethora of other ideas, regarding buffing Lightning to work on Jedi. My basis for that reasoning was that if you allowed lightning to affect Jedi, it would become a rather overpowered ability, so to balance it, you could make it potentially reflectable back into the opposing team, with a certain level of deflect, at the cost of FP. Which would make lightning a risky, but useful offensive power.

If you read the thread, you'd know that I also suggested ways of changing every force power, and ways of introducing healing and keeping it balanced by way of making it OOC only.

Ah but you see, like everything, my ideas are a 'learn to play' issue. Thanks Sev for the enlightenment, some day, I hope to be as good as you with yellow.

Oh and of course, as Hardcase says, there is nothing wrong with Clone, or Hero, or yellow, or anything of the sort. I should just stop complaining about things that are perfectly balanced, and accept it, like all of the other gunners.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeV
Deflectable Lightning

luBuF3T.gif

No.

Eazy E

Banned
Well you see, my dear, sweet, friendly Stassin... I suggested it along with a plethora of other ideas, regarding buffing Lightning to work on Jedi. My basis for that reasoning was that if you allowed lightning to affect Jedi, it would become a rather overpowered ability, so to balance it, you could make it potentially reflectable back into the opposing team, with a certain level of deflect, at the cost of FP. Which would make lightning a risky, but useful offensive power.

If you read the thread, you'd know that I also suggested ways of changing every force power, and ways of introducing healing and keeping it balanced by way of making it OOC only.

Ah but you see, like everything, my ideas are a 'learn to play' issue. Thanks Sev for the enlightenment, some day, I hope to be as good as you with yellow.

Oh and of course, as Hardcase says, there is nothing wrong with Clone, or Hero, or yellow, or anything of the sort. I should just stop complaining about things that are perfectly balanced, and accept it, like all of the other gunners.
ummm how new are you again?
Lightning had stunned jedi/sith for years and years before 1.3. When 1.3 was released a bug was created that removed it's stunning ability, we know this is a bug because it wasn't mentioned in the changelog. Making lightning affect jedi/sith in 1.4 was a bug fix not a new feature or a "buff" as you put it.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
ummm how new are you again?
Lightning had stunned jedi/sith for years and years before 1.3. When 1.3 was released a bug was created that removed it's stunning ability, we know this is a bug because it wasn't mentioned in the changelog. Making lightning affect jedi/sith in 1.4 was a bug fix not a new feature or a "buff" as you put it.

So fixing a bug that in turn makes an ability that wasn't as powerful, more powerful, isn't a buff? What a strange world you live in, little man.

By the way, just a quick little question for you, what does anything of what you said change, contribute, or affect what this thread originally was about, or even what my statement about lightning was about? Does it being a bug fix change the validity of this topic?

Or are you so against me, that you have to interject with such useless information as that, to attempt to correct me in something, so that you might feel slightly superior for 5 seconds? Congratulations! It is a bug fix. Now go away.

Eazy E

Banned
So fixing a bug that in turn makes an ability that wasn't as powerful, more powerful, isn't a buff? What a strange world you live in, little man.

By the way, just a quick little question for you, what does anything of what you said change, contribute, or affect what this thread originally was about, or even what my statement about lightning was about? Does it being a bug fix change the validity of this topic?

Or are you so against me, that you have to interject with such useless information as that, to attempt to correct me in something, so that you might feel slightly superior for 5 seconds? Congratulations! It is a bug fix. Now go away.
Im saying it wasn't buffed, the strength it is right now was the strength it always was and it was meant to stun during 1.3 just a bug stopped it from being used properly.

Deflectable Lightning

I already suggested it back on the old forum, along with others before me, devs said would have little gain if it was made. I would like to see it, my suggestion was that like if you have lighting block 3 and the enemy has lighting 2 or 1 you can deflect it back maybe.