1.4 Open Beta Dueling Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
There needs to be some countermeasure if pblock is gonna stop combos. Nudge is the current one. It either needs to be replaced or both need to be removed/replaced. Turtle dueling is boring and obnoxious. Maybe have semi-block do 0 BP drain while pblock is half drain + combo stop or whatever? That way it's not infinite backpedaling for duel resets.

Also seems like the blocking arcs or something are different. Lots more sidewhacks still happening. Also random deaths (maybe related to the directionless thing idk). Other than that, still liking it a lot.

p.s. blue is borderline broken atm (directionless swings irrelevant).

Last edited:

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Cyan is an ultra defensive style with occasional bursts of damage, which it should be. It's very powerful in the hands of a good PBer (similar to Purple). You can literally drain your enemy via PBing, quick hits, DFAS, etc. I see it as an advanced style to use well - hurray!

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Cyan is an ultra defensive style with occasional bursts of damage, which it should be. It's very powerful in the hands of a good PBer (similar to Purple). You can literally drain your enemy via PBing, quick hits, DFAS, etc. I see it as an advanced style to use well - hurray!

And it is boring. And easy. It is stronger than the original cyan, and 10x more boring/easy. Give me a fencing style, please.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
No; the previous cyan was overpowered, whereas this one is a powerful style if executed well. Big difference. I don't want this to descend into an argument between us as we have differing opinions on the matter, but I personally believe cyan is in a much better place than it was prior to open beta.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
No; the previous cyan was overpowered, whereas this one is a powerful style if executed well. Big difference.

The previous one was not overpowered but fun, this one is overpowered and boring. I know this, because I used both considerably.

You made it stronger, in the most ridiculously unfun way (I called it by the way, about the PB thing)

GRANTED Yellow is infinitely more OP, cyan is still way stronger than the original cyan, and is far easier.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
He knows this cause he has 3 months dueling experience with old cyan and 1 day dueling experience with new cyan guys, watch out.

You know when I beat SeaOtter with 85 BP remaining on Cyan, it tends to mean something is off. I should not be beating SeaOtter with anything, let alone Cyan. I should feel excited? But I just feel bored.

I want a rework of Cyan, to make it actually fun and difficult please.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
2 days' worth of dueling experience and experimentation in a drastically different saber system is not enough to infer anything from. The same thing has always happened: people get their asses handed to them, and then adapt; after several weeks or so, those who have stuck to it (9 times out of 10 those who have always stuck to dueling and remained vigilant) will, again, come out on top. This isn't a remark against you, but people need time to adapt to this saber system simply because there is a plethora of intricacies for people to get to grips with that won't become apparent/controllable in so short a time period.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
2 days' worth of dueling experience and experimentation in a drastically different saber system is not enough to infer anything from. The same thing has always happened: people get their asses handed to them, and then adapt; after several weeks or so, those who have stuck to it (9 times out of 10 those who have always stuck to dueling and remained vigilant) will, again, come out on top.

That isn't the point though. Cyan is just boring, unfun, and easy to use now. Same with Duals, I might add.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Duals has been toned down because spamming stab - heck the stab itself - and gaining ACM so easily (along with the jump kicks) was drastically overpowered. Please tell me you can at least agree with that!

One of the biggest instigators behind SeV/Stassin's changes was promoting gameplay reliant on cognitive, strategic and thought-out dueling. This can only be a good thing, and the changes thus far have succeeded in toning down the overpowered and monotonous ways certain styles were/could be played (as was the case for certain styles/mechanics)

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
So far I feel like there will be more styles of play for each of the stances; like there are more opportunities to have a unique snowflake fighting style - me likey. I Still need to play around with it a lot more though.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Please explain how removing a broken perk makes it easier to use

The perk wasn't broken, you monkey. It did 5 damage, on a parry, to yellow. Once per combo, if you parried them. That did not make it easy, or difficult. it did make it slightly more fun, though.

The fact that Cyan had 0 windup, so you could INSTANTLY swing into their face, and interrupt their swings, is what made it 'broken' in your opinion. Which it can still do.

The style is substantially easier to use for me, because it is no longer parry-centric, but it plays like a normal style, which is boring, and makes it far more powerful at the same time.

Duals has been toned down because spamming stab - heck the stab itself - and gaining ACM so easily (along with the jump kicks) was drastically overpowered. Please tell me you can at least agree with that!

One of the biggest instigators behind SeV/Stassin's changes was promoting gameplay reliant on cognitive, strategic and thought-out dueling. This can only be a good thing, and the changes thus far have succeeded in toning down the overpowered and monotonous ways certain styles were/could be played (as was the case for certain styles/mechanics)

I agree that the stabs were ridiculous, the kata is still ridiculous and should be toned down further. The issue that I have about duals, is that it is even more spammy now in the way it fights. You get into their face, and just turn into a 5 year old swinging a baseball bat like a helicopter. Boring.

I see it as 'Just pblock and counter more', I think it works fine for most of the styles, but blue/duals/cyan are just... not... fun anymore. Staff is still good, though. Red is fine, and benefits the most from this. Purple is same ol' same ol'. Yellow is.... did I mention how overpowered yellow is?

Last edited:
Seems the most clunky of all MB2 saber systems I've tried. Single direction multiswings need to go away. I don't like combo stopping on PB, it ruins the flow of sabering. Opinion my change once I play for more than 10 minutes when I get the time.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Seems the most clunky of all MB2 saber systems I've tried. Single direction multiswings need to go away. I don't like combo stopping on PB, it ruins the flow of sabering. Opinion my change once I play for more than 10 minutes when I get the time.

I agree with the single direction multiswings. They should have a cap of 2 max, or not be possible at all. As for the Pblocking stopping combos, I think it is great, but there is a lot of luck involved in pblocking as well. Especially against faster styles. The main issue is that fights take too long, and the pblock stop makes them take much longer. However I do love that it stops combos, and I think that should be kept.

Preston

Nerd
I agree with the single direction multiswings. They should have a cap of 2 max, or not be possible at all. As for the Pblocking stopping combos, I think it is great, but there is a lot of luck involved in pblocking as well. Especially against faster styles. The main issue is that fights take too long, and the pblock stop makes them take much longer. However I do love that it stops combos, and I think that should be kept.
There is like zero luck in pblocking if you know how it works

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
There is like zero luck in pblocking if you know how it works

K friendo, so keeping your cursor in one direction while in facehug mode and getting pblocks isn't luck, it is skill. I'm sure.

Honestly, I should take that as a compliment. I get 80 percent pblocks as an average now, aren't I skilled.

The answer is no, I'm not. Atleast not at pblocking, anyway. Getting a pblock is super easy, and you can get a lot of lucky ones.

K friendo, so keeping your cursor in one direction while in facehug mode and getting pblocks isn't luck, it is skill. I'm sure.

Honestly, I should take that as a compliment. I get 80 percent pblocks as an average now, aren't I skilled.

The answer is no, I'm not. Atleast not at pblocking, anyway. Getting a pblock is super easy, and you can get a lot of lucky ones.
The new pblock zones are anything but luck, "friendo."

Status
Not open for further replies.