1.4 FIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

T r i s t a n

Banned
I have done it, cracked the code. The fix to 1.4 (currently) is....... Ditch it. Go back to 1.3 mechanics and leave the Model and Map Updates. DONE.
But in all seriousness tho, just revert back to 1.3 and build on it. Polish it. Don't overhaul the fundamental systems and call them "quality of life" changes. There is no shame in turning back. We, the fans will appreciate your humble nature to recognize the failure that is 1.4 currently.

dude if you don't approve you could always stop playing the game
heres what you people discovered:
1. devs dont accept feedback
2. dueling sucks cus you're not good at it
3. dueling sucks because it changed
4.flinch sucks because you can't kill gunners anymore(lol)
5. 1.4 sucks because devs are dumb
and you guys still stay lol

I have done it, cracked the code. The fix to 1.4 (currently) is....... Ditch it. Go back to 1.3 mechanics and leave the Model and Map Updates. DONE.
But in all seriousness tho, just revert back to 1.3 and build on it. Polish it. Don't overhaul the fundamental systems and call them "quality of life" changes. There is no shame in turning back. We, the fans will appreciate your humble nature to recognize the failure that is 1.4 currently.

How about putting some actual thought into your shitpost instead of shouting "Everything's broken, please revert?" Seriously, threads like this aren't helpful. I would dare say the majority of the changes actually helped make MB2 better. If you recognize a problem, how about stating ways to make it better?

T r i s t a n

Banned
How about putting some actual thought into your shitpost instead of shouting "Everything's broken, please revert?" Seriously, threads like this aren't helpful. I would dare say the majority of the changes actually helped make MB2 better. If you recognize a problem, how about stating ways to make it better?
M@crobyte and BigTeef, not all of us have to resort to verbal abuse to get a point across. If you cannot see the underlying problem in 1.4 for yourself. That's fine, I am still entitled to my own opinion. But you will soon see for yourself, you will see.

What I saw was people bitching and crying about jedi not being able to curb stomp me.
And I still continue to see that, people who's toys were taken from them crying about not getting their mandatory easy kills.

M@crobyte and BigTeef, not all of us have to resort to verbal abuse to get a point across. If you cannot see the underlying problem in 1.4 for yourself. That's fine, I am still entitled to my own opinion. But you will soon see for yourself, you will see.

That's my point though. Nothing in your original post is original, nor does it provide ideas on how to make the mod better. I already posted my feedback in 1.4 feedback thread?. When I came to this thread and saw "1.4 fix," I thought someone had an actual rational thought, and came to see what this community was working on.

Preston

Nerd
What I saw was people bitching and crying about jedi not being able to curb stomp me.
And I still continue to see that, people who's toys were taken from them crying about not getting their mandatory easy kills.
Most people seem to be most botherd about Dueling honestly. Haven't seen many other than Achilles complain much about flinch

It's business as usual except when it comes to the same set of people who decry, it's over man, it's done, game over! Everyone is gonna quit!
Same people that swore they'd leave. If only.

1.3 was shit. And yeah, because I said so. You don't have to agree with it. It just reflects on you if you don't:)
I played nearly every build mb has ever produced and I said what I said and I think what I thinks, deal with it.
I've stated the why of it several times in the past, I have no desire to do so again.

What amuses me is the massive amount of whining coming out of people that only played 1.3. It's sad that was their standard.
Newsflash. They're not going to roll back to 1.3. Nor should they. Ever.

Save for some minor issues with the crosshair gunner vs gunner/jedi = ok for the most part. Time will tell what can be abused.

Sabers vs sabers = still not a fan of pb blocking, glad the spam has abated but 1.3 was the downward spiral that precipitated this continued decline:)
Well, I guess it's plateaued. Improved just a little. Not much though:)

It went from shit to miscellaneous what could it be, let's wait and see.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
[sarcasm]This is a terrible plan. 1.3 was just as awful as 1.4. Obviously the solution is to revert to B17 because that's the first version I ever played and thus the greatest. Keep the new maps and models, and just completely revert to B17 and polish it up. Bring back those T3, mando proj rifle, super clone blobs, and contact frag grenades. Don't remove these fundamental features and call it "quality of life". We, the fans, will appreciate your humble nature to recognize the failures that were B18, B19, RC1 through RC4, and V0 through V1.4.[/sarcasm]

Or they won't see it for themselves because as you just said, it's an opinion. I've been seeing 1.4 for months in beta tests and I don't see this "underlying problem". Simply saying "revert to 1.3" is crap feedback that no one is going to take seriously. You shouldn't be upset if people tell you your feedback is crap when you essentially aren't giving feedback. This might as well be a troll thread. From this thread, for all anyone knows you just don't like the number "1.4" and would prefer if the version number ended in a 3. If you want anyone to take you seriously, perhaps you should actually specify what you don't like and give reasons why you don't like it.

T r i s t a n

Banned
[sarcasm]This is a terrible plan. 1.3 was just as awful as 1.4. Obviously the solution is to revert to B17 because that's the first version I ever played and thus the greatest. Keep the new maps and models, and just completely revert to B17 and polish it up. Bring back those T3, mando proj rifle, super clone blobs, and contact frag grenades. Don't remove these fundamental features and call it "quality of life". We, the fans, will appreciate your humble nature to recognize the failures that were B18, B19, RC1 through RC4, and V0 through V1.4.[/sarcasm]

Or they won't see it for themselves because as you just said, it's an opinion. I've been seeing 1.4 for months in beta tests and I don't see this "underlying problem". Simply saying "revert to 1.3" is crap feedback that no one is going to take seriously. You shouldn't be upset if people tell you your feedback is crap when you essentially aren't giving feedback. This might as well be a troll thread. From this thread, for all anyone knows you just don't like the number "1.4" and would prefer if the version number ended in a 3. If you want anyone to take you seriously, perhaps you should actually specify what you don't like and give reasons why you don't like it.
If I was to specify what exactly was wrong, then I would get more of you people who come to say "get gud", "cry more", "you're too new to give feedback", etc... But whatever. We newer fans, and even many veteran players mean nothing towards the development of MBII. The only opinions that matter are the opinions of a niche group of dev's who update the game by catering to their own specific play styles and calling it done. But I am not in the arguing sort of mood, so if you disagree with my point of being able to make no points. Just click away.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
We newer fans, and even many veteran players mean nothing towards the development of MBII.

Totally bullshit but if you want to think that go ahead. You have no idea how many things the development team did that came from the community or people that were a part of it as beta testers. God knows how much I've personally had to fix or change just on the feedback the person you are replying to (SWG) gave me.

Totally bullshit but if you want to think that go ahead. You have no idea how many things the development team did that came from the community or people that were a part of it as beta testers. God knows how much I've personally had to fix or change just on the feedback the person you are replying to (SWG) gave me.
so uh..
how much did I influence?

I mean, I did participate in a 50 page flame war.

T r i s t a n

Banned
So you admit to catering to a niche audience eh? Okay then.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
so uh..
how much did I influence?

I mean, I did participate in a 50 page flame war.

A little but not much for me personally because I wasn't as active when you started actively posting. Though there is an internal unreleased idea you posted in a thread that was more or less thought of by developers first that you could claim credit for :p

A little but not much for me personally because I wasn't as active when you started actively posting. Though there is an internal unreleased idea you posted in a thread that was more or less thought of by developers first that you could claim credit for :p
yey
What idea was that so I can take credit and piss off Achilles?

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
So you admit to catering to a niche audience eh? Okay then.

If that niche audience is a people who gave actual feedback providing possible solutions and multiple angles to attack a problem or saw an actual flaw rather than ranting telling the team to "revert X is bad" then yes I cater to that niche audience. I feel like I have to interpret what you actually want, and I have enough issues trying to interpret Chaos's nonsense half the time.

yey
What idea was that so I can take credit and piss off Achilles?

You'll know if it gets released.

Status
Not open for further replies.