1.4.4.1 Update Released

mb2_logo_1.png

V1.4.4.1 Update

This is a minor client-side patch. No server updating is necessary.

CHANGELOG (13-05-17)

Models
  • Change: Modified several old lightsaber hilts made by broken_hope to improve performance.
  • Change: Replaced Old Ben's lightsaber with custom variation based on episode 3 model.
  • Change: Restored broken_hope's episode 6 Luke saber model.

MBII Client
  • Fix: Updated MBII OpenJK build to include upstream bugfix for radar arrow coloration as well as other changes up to February 23rd.
  • Change: Compiled engine with Large Address Aware flag which may help reduce client crashes on certain computers.
  • Fix: Radar background layer should now render in the proper order.

Changed Files ( Server downloads | Linux OpenJK server lib )
Code:
--MBII
MBAssets3.pk3
MBHilts.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
cgamei386.so

Changelog Legend

New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

Last edited:

Jaikanatar

US Official Server Admin
Thank you for this update, and several bug fixes. One chief concern;

With the Ben hilt replacement for a ''custom variation,'' please stop this.

It looks good, it really does, but you guys already did something odd to the Luke ROTJ saber which makes it look very odd,so I found myself defaulting to/settling with Episode 4 Ben's saber. And you guys just changed that too for some reason ;_;

Please STAHP xD
(And by the way the changes are super minor of course, but its more so the principal of messing with these particular hilts, and WHY lol.)

Last edited:

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Thank you for this update, and several bug fixes. One chief concern;

With the Ben hilt replacement for a ''custom variation,'' please stop this.

It looks good, it really does, but you guys already did something odd to the Luke ROTJ saber which makes it look very odd,so I found myself defaulting to/settling with Episode 4 Ben's saber. And you guys just changed that too for some reason ;_;

Please STAHP xD
You seem to be under the impression these things are changed for random or arbitrary reasons. That is not the case.

I forgot to note a change on the Luke hilt and added it above. It was only made available again because the performance is improved enough not to be an issue.

Jaikanatar

US Official Server Admin
My impression was that it was either bug/performance related or art/visual related. If its performance then straying away from the original canon look makes total sense, because performance reasons.

If it is an artistic decision and visually related then that's where I am asking y'all to stahp, haha. (Mainly with the Luke ROTJ) I just am perceiving this with two eyes and OCD about the one particular hilt I love, haha.

Last edited:

k4far

Banned
Donator
I would like to point that I just lost my forcecfg files, they got replaced with default ones.

I am using MBII Client engine. Is that a common thing, maybe I should always have a copy of them?

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I would like to point that I just lost my forcecfg files, they got replaced with default ones.

I am using MBII Client engine. Is that a common thing, maybe I should always have a copy of them?
Any default config names will always be overwritten as the launcher is currently designed. Custom config names should not be altered.

How do I update, it keeps saying "Do you want movie battles to update" and I say yes but it wont and It says my version is "vunknown version"

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
Doesnt work anymore, getting this error
recursive error after: default menu file not found: ui/mb_menus.txt, unable to continue!